JUST GIVE ME 10 DAYS | Round 21

Options

Replies

• PrincesseAly23
    PrincesseAly23 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    question??

I have noticed my hair is thinning, I currently eat around 1650 cals a day and I am losing slowly so I think its unlikely to be that I am eating too little if I eat any higher I am going to stop losing weight, or at the very least it will be lost at an even slower rate than now. (not that I have an issue losing slower but I think 1/4 - 1/2 lb a week is slow enough not to cause other issues such as hair loss)

I've started taking supplements and I am currently using a lotion recommended by the hairdresser to help stop hair loss .. but if it's nutritional then I doubt that it will help.
    So I am looking for ideas in foods that might be rich in "stuff?!?!" that's good for hair to help stop the loss. basically I am looking to attack the issue from all angles :)

I am hoping against all hopes I don't have to choose between thick hair and normal weight. I seriously can't afford to lose any more hair .. :-/

Other than bouts of sciatica I have no other medical issues that I know about .. so I am making the assumption that this is mainly a nutrition problem.

any help / ideas appreciated :)

I had problems with my hair and nails weakening/thinning a while back. I started taking virgin coconut oil in EVERYTHING (I replaced butter/olive oil with it as a cooking agent and added it to recipes as well) as well as upped my vitamin supplements (calcium/magnesium, Vit C, D,&B). That did the trick for me! I hope you find the answer and are able to grow some more hair back!