What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Like I would be happy to walk across an entire continent though Uruk-hai infested lands to throw this GD ring in a raging volcano & watch the fcking thing melt into oblivion & the 12 wasted years it represents.

I was just going to sell mine, but this idea sounds oddly appealing

what's a small gold ring worth? no idea.... then you need someone to buy it, right?
  • pudgy1977
    pudgy1977 Posts: 13,499 Member
    Options
    Like I would be happy to walk across an entire continent though Uruk-hai infested lands to throw this GD ring in a raging volcano & watch the fcking thing melt into oblivion & the 12 wasted years it represents.

I sold mine and bought a pre-mid-life crisis bmw. There were some regrets.

Unfortunately mine is probably only worth about $1000
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    confusion
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    :(
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

what's a small gold ring worth? no idea.... then you need someone to buy it, right?

Yeah, mine isn't even gold. It's silver because I was afraid I would lose or destroy a gold one working at the hospital back then. I handled some pretty nasty chems & did a lot of tasks where I would need to take it off until I was done. So it's both literally & emotionally worthless at this point.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Options

you didn't waste 12 years.

those years made you more resilient, insightful & cynical.....all useful tools to possess.

Hmmm, yeah that sounds about right. It sort of has turned me into a cynical a##hole.

But you’re OUR cynical as$hole.

Sorry for what you’re going through. :heart:
  • MrSith
    MrSith Posts: 1,636 Member
    Options
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

sweeeet
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    MrSith wrote: »
    pudgy1977 wrote: »

sweeeet

Yea...maybe shouldve been my first clue
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options

Yeah, mine isn't even gold. It's silver because I was afraid I would lose or destroy a gold one working at the hospital back then. I handled some pretty nasty chems & did a lot of tasks where I would need to take it off until I was done. So it's both literally & emotionally worthless at this point.

At least yours is removable. Mine is a tattoo he made me get to prove I wasn't cheating on him. I wasn't cheating on him but the tattoo didn't help prove it. Now I can't even sell it, I need to pay to remove it
  • WorkerDrone83
    WorkerDrone83 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

At least yours is removable. Mine us a tattoo he made me get to prove I wasn't cheating on him. I wasn't cheating on him but the tattoo dudn't help prove it. Now I can't even sell it, I need to pay to remove it

Wow, that's commitment.
  • Versicolour
    Options

At least yours is removable. Mine us a tattoo he made me get to prove I wasn't cheating on him. I wasn't cheating on him but the tattoo dudn't help prove it. Now I can't even sell it, I need to pay to remove it

Wow, that's commitment.

I was committed! I don't do things half measures!
  • pudgy1977
    Options
    :cry:

ao67fir33zfc.gif

WAIT! Who now???

Right.....
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    Hmmm.....
  • Renaissance_Turtle
    Renaissance_Turtle Posts: 960 Member
    Options

At least yours is removable. Mine is a tattoo he made me get to prove I wasn't cheating on him. I wasn't cheating on him but the tattoo didn't help prove it. Now I can't even sell it, I need to pay to remove it

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, she basically accused me of cheating back in June without coming right out and saying it after I had lost about 40 pounds. Along with that she flat out said she will never trust "anyone" ever again. She didn't say anyone but me, she said anyone ever. That thought alone is like a poisonous barb I can't remove that just leeches it's toxin into my mood continuously.
  • Versicolour
    edited November 2017
    Options

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, she basically accused me of cheating back in June without coming right out and saying it after I had lost about 40 pounds. Along with that she flat out said she will never trust "anyone" ever again. She didn't say anyone but me, she said anyone ever. That thought alone is like a poisonous barb I can't remove that just leeches it's toxin into my mood continuously.

I am sorry. There is nothing more toxic to a relationship than distrust. There is a bright side though; things can always get better. Maybe not in the way you expect, but some way or the other
  • elizarizo
    elizarizo Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Im wondering if my insurance will cover wls?