Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options

Still waking up in pain during the night. Last night was a little better. Got up and took Motrin and rubbed ointment on knee. The Dr prescribed opoids after I told him I didnt want narcotics. First thing the RX said was this could become addictive After having a sister that got so addicted, she wound up in jail, NO THANKS. I'll suffer first. That's one reason we are having an Opoid epidemic.

Getting MRI today. The sweetest thing happened. My granddaughter called and offered to bring dinner over and help me unpack. I wasnt sure how to respond because I didnt want fast food because of my diet so I offered to take her out. I realize it is difficult for me to accept offers of help, yet I need a little help right now. Need to work on that

LaDana - Wonderful week. Two repeats and you will be at your goal for this challenge. I bet you can do it, Great progress.

Lonfd (birdygirl) I use my sticky notes (if you have windows software) to draft replies. Have lost too many long replies. It's one step at a time. Like the little train that could, we just have to keep struggling on.

When I visited England I was charmed at the little gardens at so many homes. I strive to keep an English garden in my backyard but unfortunately, it's sort of like my weight loss up and down. i need to do some planting now for Autumn and Winter but this knee prevents. If I can pick up my brother in law, he will help me with it. When my garden is pretty the world seems brighter to me.

Barney - Congrats. How does one determine whether they are morbidly obese. Thats a new thought for me. Sounds like you've made some good decisions as to how to move forward and overcome your obstacles. Congrats on your losses for the long term (96.6) and for this challenge

Jennie - Today is another day and you've made tremendous strides overall at 56 lbs gone. You can just get back on the horse and ride to goal weight.

Katrena
  • newjax2017
    newjax2017 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Jo
    Height:161 cm

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th):167.6
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 158.6

Weigh in Weeks (listed by Wednesdays)

1. Sept. 20: 165.5
    2. Sept. 27: 164.3
    3. Oct. 4: 170.6
    4. Oct. 11: 165.3
    5. Oct. 18: 164.3
    6. Oct. 25: 161.6
    7. Nov. 1: 164.9
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Final Weigh in: Nov. 18:

Weight -/+ this week:...................+3.3
    Total weight -/+ this challenge:....-2.7
    Total overall weight lost so far:......-67.9

Sorry, guys.

I am hoping this is mostly water weight because of period and extra carbs.

I have rededicated myself to weight-loss for the month of November.
    Day 1 was good, and today seems ok. We shall see.

Good luck to all the people here, on your road to a better, healthier life <3<3<3
  • newjax2017
    Options
    I'm just gonna say this.
    Starting weight 330 got up to 332
    TODAY I AM 325!!!!!!!

Very nice! Congrats!

@Barb !!! Under 200 is fantastic! I also remember being underwhelmed by various successes... until it sunk in! I'm going to be excited for you! Yay!

• b_lisieux
    b_lisieux Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Just checking in to say hi. I have read all the posts but don't feel too well to sit here and respond. Have an awful cold and feel like crawling back into bed. @newjax2017 I have no doubt that your gain is due to your period and extra water. Just watch your carbs a bit and I bet next week you'll see a big drop. @katrenaj I empathize. I have bad knees too and some day are just awful, others are ok. They put me on a drug that's been like a miracle, an anti-inflammatory. Good luck with the MRI. I hope it gives them answers for you. I tore my meniscus back in 2012 and they had to do surgery. Now my issues are arthritis.

Have a good Thursday everyone.
  • jennordhavn
    jennordhavn Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Jenn
    Height: 5' 4"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 303.8
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 290.6

1. Sept. 20: 303.8
    2. Sept. 27: 303.8
    3. Oct. 4: 304.2
    4. Oct. 11: 300.6
    5. Oct. 18: 301.6 (TOM)
    6. Oct. 25: 297.6
    7. Nov. 1: 297.6 (maintained)
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: +1
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -2.2
    Total overall weight lost so far: -9
  • anneshields001
    anneshields001 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Start Weight (as of Sept. 27) 232.4
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 220

2. Sept. 27: 232.4
    3. Oct. 4: 227.8 (amazing what drinking extra water can do!)
    4. Oct. 11: 226.6
    5. Oct. 18: 226.2
    6. Oct. 27: 225.0
    7. Nov. 2: 223.4
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.6
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: 9.0
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Good day today. Had MRI, go back to Dr Tuesday. My granddaughter came over, helped with heavy stuff. We went to eat and I avoided the bread (doesnt work for me). I am so blessed to have wonderful caring grandchildren and children. I've never experienced this much physical pain and I've even had ruptured discs. This pain is unrelenting and very sharp and achy.

JO - It probably is water weight. I try not to be too tied to what the scale says, but rather to my non scale victories (nsv) You've lost a tremendous amount of weight, so you know you can do this. Congrats on your results so far

Verybusybee- It's sometimes hard to get started. Sounds like you broke the barrier. We all have times when this is a struggle. I wish I could say what makes the difference, but I have since given up trying to understand why I sabotage myself. I just know that logging and awareness help me. Just hang in there. I'm rooting for you. I looked back over my weight loss for a 12 month period and and was up and down. What I figured out is that I am very inconsistent. If I can just be consistent, it will increase my chances of sucess.

b-liseux - Thanks for comments Would love to know name of your meds. That's what they are telling me that the surgery could cause arthrits which I have already. They mentioned having a full replacement due to my age, but that will be a last resort as I have not had problems in the past. It does inspire me to lose weight because I live alone and don't know how I'll get about if I do have surgery

Jenn - 9 lb loss is good. Congrats

• cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 230
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 223

1. Sept. 20: 229
    2. Sept. 27: 226
    3. Oct. 4: 229
    4. Oct. 11: 229.8
    5. Oct. 18: 232.8
    6. Oct. 25: 231.4
    7. Nov. 1:
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:

Weight -/+ this week: -1.4
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: +1.4
    Total overall weight lost this year: -18.6
    Total lost from highest recorded: -25.6

Ok looking after my 4 nephews and my 2 dogs and finding time to reroof my home and do a few c25k sessions...wow i havent had much computer time at all. I am wiped out! My step count is soooo high each and every day and it is mostly just from walking around the house. 12k -18k / day.

I am exhausted! And off to bed i go.

Sorry for my lack of talking for now.
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    Down 6.5 this morning. Glad to have lost that Amish vacation gain!

@katrenaj The medicine that they gave me that worked like a miracle for me is called Diclofenac. I had been hearing about it from my brother-in-law who touts it all day long, says it has made all the difference for him and his wife too. I asked my orthopedic doc about it and he said that if you have arthritis and are a patient of his, you are on it, and he gave me a Rx for it. It has been a godsend. If you have arthritis, talk to your doctor about it to see what he/she says. I know what you are going through.
    @happygirlxxx What a mood booster. Congrats on the small size and shopping in the regular sizes!! If that isn't a motivator, I don't know what is! Hope you are enjoying your trip.

Something has changed on this thread, at least on my end. It used to be 950something pages until yesterday or the day before. Now it's over 1100. Has anyone else experienced this?

Have to call tonight after 5 to see if I need to show up for jury duty on Monday morning. I hope not. Fingers crossed. Will have to call each day next week too, if I'm not called to show on Monday. It would be nice to escape the whole week. In the letter that came with it some weeks ago, it explained the facilities at the court and under food, it said there are vending machines. Oh yum. I really hope I don't have to go! My juror number is so-so so it could either way...it's not real low but not real high either. Wish me luck. :)

Happy Friday everyone!
  • Birdygirl15
    Birdygirl15 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    b_lisieux wrote: »
    Down 6.5 this morning. Glad to have lost that Amish vacation gain!

Well done! It's great to get rid of holiday weight, but fun putting it on in the first place.

I hope you escape your jury duty.

@KATRENAJ Sorry to see your knee injury is so painful. What a shame to have happened on what looked like a great trip to Europe, you did quite some travelling! I hope you get some pain relief soon.
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    FALL CHALLENGE

Name: Terry
    Height: 5' 5"

Start Weight (as of Sept. 16th): 216
    Goal Weight (for Nov. 18th): 205

1. Sept. 20: 217.4
    2. Sept. 27: 219.8
    3. Oct. 4: 219.0
    4. Oct. 11: 218.6
    5. Oct. 18:222.2
    6. Oct. 25: 214,4
    7. Nov. 1: 216.4
    8. Nov. 8:
    9. Nov. 15:
    Total weight -/+ this week: +2
    Total weight -/+ this challenge: -1
    Total overall weight lost - 44
  • tdunnegan
    tdunnegan Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I'm on a weird place. Just can't write today. Hectic times Lots of changes at work. Will catch up over the weekend. Be well.
  • newjax2017
    Options
    @tdunnegan Terry, hang in there! And do Check in when you can.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Had a memory post pop up today from 2013 on FB and thought it was a good reminder for all of us ...

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is that they trade what they want the MOST for what they want at the MOMENT."
    “If it’s important to you then you will find a way, if it’s not you’ll find an excuse.”
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Congrats @bapcarrier @Nikion901 @darlin930 !!!

Inspiration for all of us to make the best possible effort these coming weeks to reach our goal!

Friday Fitness - have been walking a bit ... about 15+k steps per day ... mostly shopping :D and trying to compensate the food ;)

Have a great weekend!
  • b_lisieux
    Options
    Congratulations to those who met their challenge goal! That is just awesome! Did you choose your own goal for that time period? And Barb...Wonderland, wow. You've earned it! Keep up the good work!

@Nikion901 Thanks for posting the old quote from your FB. It kind of puts it all in perspective. It's very true.

My Saturday success was losing all the weight I gained on vacation in one week. That's never happened before, but probably because I'd think to myself I'm already screwed so why bother getting back to it. Not this time! My other totally non weight related success is that I called last night to see if they need me on Monday for jury duty and nope....one day escaped. Now to call again on Monday night.

Have a great Saturday everyone!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success ... I'm wearing a pull over shirt that I couldn't fit into before ... oh, I could struggle in and out of it, but it was so tight that it bound my upper arms and stretched tightly around my middle ... and now it just hangs smoothly with plenty of movement space to make it very comfortable to have on. Soon it will be time to go through my clothes again to thin out those that are just too loose. I tend to wear my clothes to be loose on me as I don't feel comfortable in anything that's binding, but when they start to fall off my shoulders or waist, it's time to go.

@b_lisieux - you asked about the page number jump, and I did notice that but figured it was something to do with MFP data base updates ... ... You also asked if we set our own goals for this time period on our challenge ... and the answer is yes, everyone sets their own pace and goals for themselves. Some of us aim to lose about 1/2 pound a week, and others think we can do several pounds.

@KATRENAJ - OUCH with the knees!