New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »

Wow! Did you try the zucchini noodles at Noodles & Company? I'm curious how they compare... I was REALLY impressed with those noodles but they just didn't do anything for my pasta craving.

@hgycta Zoodles at Noodles & Company!?!?

This is the first I heard of this! I did some Googling and see that they were just testing it (mainly in the Baltimore area)... is that where you got it? Is it in more locations now?

- can you tell I am excited? :)

I went to the store in Bel Air, MD and got them which is sort of close to Baltimore but I went there several months ago because I got an email about it! Call your local store to see, it’s very possible they’ve expanded since then because there was a card in every carry out bag also asking people to rate them and I always left a 5 star review, I can’t imagine anyone not liking it! I normally don’t like zucchini so I was worried when I ordered it but they darn near destroyed it, it was executed VERY well!
  • Acidique
    Acidique Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Acidique wrote: »
    omcfood2015_zfatblackbean.jpg

Oasis Black Bean Hummus. They have other flavors as well. Only 110 calories for the ENTIRE thing. SO GOOOOOD and healthy. Cause I can never eat the actual recommended serving of typical hummus which is 2 tablespoons, and is way higher in calories.

Nutrition Facts
    Serving Size 2 Tbsp. - 30g
    Servings Per Container 10
    Amount Per Serving
    Calories 11 Calories from Fat 0
    % Daily Value*
    Total Fat 0g0%
    Saturated Fat 0g0%
    Trans Fat 0g
    Cholesterol 0mg0%
    Sodium 38mg2%
    Total Carbohydrate 2g1%
    Dietary Fiber 1g4%
    Sugars 0g
    Protein 1g2%
    Vitamin A 0%
    Vitamin C 1%
    Calcium 0%
    Iron 1%

Great. Except that this is nothing to do with hummus. Its a bean dip, thats all.

They have other kinds, which do include hummus. My apologies for lumping them all together. I got excited.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    vi0ib17cwqmo.jpg
    Ghirardelli caramel flavored baking chips and Chobani limited edition buttercrunch blast yogurt. It'll be a while before I make something with the caramel chips, but the Chobani yogurt is pretty decent. Although the chocolate yogurt doesn't really taste like chocolate, it's not bad with the mix-ins, and the chocolate cookies and toffee pieces make this reminiscent of Butterfingers.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    unspecified-6_copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493180474
    unspecified-34_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493180495
    unspecified-42_800x.jpg?v=1493180506

Has anyone here tried these? I was watching shark tank at the gym and the inventor of this came on the show. It's dessert hummus! A little high cal for me, and I imagine anything it would be yummy paired with would be higher cal too, so I don't know if i'll buy this for myself anytime soon. I may buy it for parties though if it's good! It's recommended with pita chips, pretzel chips, graham crackers, used as frosting, etc!
    Brownie batter: 80 cals for 2TBSP
    Snickerdoodle: 60 cals for 2TBSP
    Vanilla bean: 50 cals for 2TBSP
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    unspecified-6_copy_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493180474
    unspecified-34_1024x1024.jpg?v=1493180495
    unspecified-42_800x.jpg?v=1493180506

Has anyone here tried these? I was watching shark tank at the gym and the inventor of this came on the show. It's dessert hummus! A little high cal for me, and I imagine anything it would be yummy paired with would be higher cal too, so I don't know if i'll buy this for myself anytime soon. I may buy it for parties though if it's good! It's recommended with pita chips, pretzel chips, graham crackers, used as frosting, etc!
    Brownie batter: 80 cals for 2TBSP
    Snickerdoodle: 60 cals for 2TBSP
    Vanilla bean: 50 cals for 2TBSP

I've tried. The vanilla just tasted weird. The snickerdoodle was good but not fantastic. I tried the snickerdoodle by dipping stacys cinnamon pita crisps in it. THAT was pretty good! It made up for the lack of sweetness. I was hoping they would be sweeter, though and more frosting like. On bread it wasn't something I really liked and I wasn't sure how else to use it lol. (dumb idea putting on bread) I should of done pretzels and graham crackers, I bet the chocolate would be really good on that! You will love it though if you are a big hummus fan. (I'm not)
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Also if anyone is on Thrive Market, I can endorse their coconut wraps. Just coconut meat, coconut oil, and coconut water pressed real thin. A tad sweet but if you even slightly like coconut you'll love them. I used them to wrap up some shredded green chili pork and it was fantastic.

Thanks, they look interesting, will need to give them a try! I did some searching, the manufacturer of the Thrive-branded wraps is Nuco and you can order them on Amazon as well...

NUCO Certified ORGANIC Paleo Gluten Free Vegan Coconut Wraps, 5 Count (One Pack of Five Wraps)...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01INZMV1E/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_UQf.zb0VYFMH2
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

shira324 wrote: »
    I tried the Fudgetastic Java. It was alright, the fudge tasted pretty artificial. The coffee flavor was decent, but unremarkable. On the whole, I prefer the Breyer's Delights over Skinny Cow, Halo and Enlightened.

raxoqe4gk5lf.jpg

If you prefer Breyer's Delights over Halo Top and Enlightened then we must have complete opposite taste buds! Where did you find these Skinny Cow pints? I've never seen them before! How long have they been out??[/quote]

True, everyone's tastes are a little different. I find that Halo especially upsets my stomach. I got the Skinny Cow pints in New Hampshire at Hannaford's supermarket.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    *drools* I need all eyes out and searching for this bar, I need to find out when and where I can buy it!
    clo2ffmm7ugf.png

Also, is it me or does Reese's new bar look like a much better version of OhYeah's Chocolate Caramel Candies Good Grab Bar? XD
    t7qoctravokx.png
    wcvaacwyqf0n.png

Will have to try the new Reese’s bar.
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    Finally found the pumpkin pie HT! so good! Lots of chunks of pumpkiny crust :)
  • hgycta
    Options
    Picked this up in Walmart. 440 calories for entire bowl and VERY filling! Satisfying entree with far more inside than those pathetic frozen “meals” like smart made that have hardly anything inside them. Definitely something I’ll buy again!
    cq4nwmzaa40o.jpeg
  • babycatchfire
    babycatchfire Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Picked this up in Walmart. 440 calories for entire bowl and VERY filling! Satisfying entree with far more inside than those pathetic frozen “meals” like smart made that have hardly anything inside them. Definitely something I’ll buy again!
    cq4nwmzaa40o.jpeg

Usually I avoid frozen meals, but that actually looks decent.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Accidentally bought the dairy free pints of HT I don’t think there was a price difference at our local Kroger’s branch Pick’N’Save. Lower protein content because it’s made with coconut milk and pea protein. Yeah, pea protein so has that distinct grit and base flavor. I wouldn’t buy again but my mom didn’t raise a quitter so I’ll power through this one.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    cq4nwmzaa40o.jpeg

I think there's also a pork bowl, but I haven't found it yet.
  • hgycta
    Options
    cq4nwmzaa40o.jpeg

I think there's also a pork bowl, but I haven't found it yet.

I would definitely be interested in trying the pork one. I loved this bowl but there was something missing and I think it was both meat and sour cream haha. I’m addicted to Taco Bell’s steak cantina power bowls so I’ve just been looking for a more convenient substitute ;P I like how they package the guacamole separately so you can top it off with some, it truly adds a lot of flavor and helps make it filling! I’m surprised with Walmart I’ll definitely keep an eye out for other entrees they sell from now on!
  • hgycta
    edited November 2017
    Options
    @alyssafaithm98 Thank you for posting the first picture of these because if I hadn't known that they were individually packaged, I would have never returned for them.
    They have 310 calories just like the double chocolate flavor you bought, but I think you would like these more! They're amazing and still have a lot of chocolate! Was yours made with a really soft dough reminiscent of pretzel dough? These honestly reminded me of the result if Cinnabon ever released a chocolate flavor of their Gooey Bites but substituted the regular pieces of dough for pretzel dough. The icing has all the vanilla and salt, whereas the dough pieces have all the cocoa powder and cinnamon dusting. Together, it's phenomenal. Way more icing than the Cinnamelts at McDonald's and Cinnabon's Gooey Delights that Shoprite sells, so they get a thumbs up from me. Unfortunately, my only complaint is they don't really taste anything like caramel. If you like sweet and salty desserts, though, buy these. Very indulgent!
    o7hqhnannqcr.jpeg
    o5ntes97ishp.jpg
    95axc3dk7bje.jpg

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @alyssafaithm98 Thank you for posting the first picture of these because if I hadn't known that they were individually packaged, I would have never returned for them.
    They have 310 calories just like the double chocolate flavor you bought, but I think you would like these more! They're amazing and still have a lot of chocolate! Was yours made with a really soft dough reminiscent of pretzel dough? These honestly reminded me of the result if Cinnabon ever released a chocolate flavor of their Gooey Bites but substituted the regular pieces of dough for pretzel dough. The icing has all the vanilla and salt, whereas the dough pieces have all the cocoa powder and cinnamon dusting. Together, it's phenomenal. Way more icing than the Cinnamelts at McDonald's and Cinnabon's Gooey Delights that Shoprite sells, so they get a thumbs up from me. Unfortunately, my only complaint is they don't really taste anything like caramel. If you like sweet and salty desserts, though, buy these. Very indulgent!
    o7hqhnannqcr.jpeg
    o5ntes97ishp.jpg
    95axc3dk7bje.jpg

I have to get these
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    cq4nwmzaa40o.jpeg

Wow I love that it includes the gauc packet!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

I am a sweet and salty fiend. Lol. I have to try them now.