Tolamarie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Me 6
    LNS 0
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    @hellonew2015
    I started doing this challenge in April. I struggled every night at first. A 3 day streak was good. Things I tried:
    1. Brushing my teeth
    2. Saying that I could eat it in the morning if I still wanted it
    3. Going to bed earlier if the craving was really bad
    4. Having a cut off time. Mine is 7.30
    5. Posting everyday to the challenge.
    6. Being determined to succeed.

Having stuck with it, it has now become habitual. I look at the time and if it's after 7.30 I say no. It has become easy. If I slip up it usually because I didn't look at the time.

Good luck everyone!
  • Kullerva
    Kullerva Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Me: 6
    LNS: 0
  • hedyk
    hedyk Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 1300 net calories & no alcohol. So if I meet both goals, then that's 1 for me. If I go off plan for either calories or alcohol, than that's 1 for LNS.

Streak: 6
  • 135terry
    135terry Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Me 4
    LNS 2
    Great job all! Can we please add what did we do to avoid LNS to help each other?
    Example: I drink coffee to help but it does not work everytime.

I like the idea of sharing ideas. I have tea or water at night which helps a little. Unfortunately my downfall is when I get together with friends in the evening and the snacks come out. I was able to stay within my calories last night, but did eat after 8:00 pm and ate back all my exercise calories :(
  • thiswillhappen
    thiswillhappen Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Me: 1
    LNS: 2

Having a hard time here. I had such a great day yesterday, I ate well and exercised and had a healthy dinner, and then 10 pm rolled around. I feel like I am sabotaging myself. I exercise a lot and I love to exercise, and I like eating healthy foods. So why must I continue to find the night snacking so difficult? I am going to keep going with this challenge and am determined to do better moving forward. Still so motivated!!
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Me: 0
    LNS: 1

I got up at 10 pm after finishing a Netflix show and grabbed nuts :(, I am going to add a tbs of coconut oil or unsalted butter to my coffee tonight to make it a bullet proof coffee that may curb my appetite.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    135terry wrote: »
    Me 4
    LNS 2
    Great job all! Can we please add what did we do to avoid LNS to help each other?
    Example: I drink coffee to help but it does not work everytime.

I like the idea of sharing ideas. I have tea or water at night which helps a little. Unfortunately my downfall is when I get together with friends in the evening and the snacks come out. I was able to stay within my calories last night, but did eat after 8:00 pm and ate back all my exercise calories :(

Don't give up! This is a new day and it will be better :smile:
  • mrgmama
    mrgmama Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Me: 2
  • jonni82014
    jonni82014 Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    ME: 6
    It's wonderful to read all of the positive comments and suggestions.
  • H2596
    H2596 Posts: 286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    Taa da!!

Me: 7

Streak: 7

I nearly didn’t make it tonight but knowing I’d be posting pushed me through. Big thanks go to every team member but especially our organiser.

• krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    ME: 6*
    LNS: 1(Friday 3rd Nov)
    Streak: 4
  • mielepiel
    mielepiel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Me: 1*

Streak: 1

I've just begon; the first night was a complete failure. I still had a bag of m&m's and couldn't resist it. Still had a few today, but I didnt overeat (cuz there weren't anymore :( ). My plan is to NOT buy all these delicious chocolatey treats... and don't go shopping hungry
  • Tolamarie
    Tolamarie Posts: 4,995 Member
    Options
    Me: 7

I'm using the suggestion of posting in advance this evening instead of in the morning. I don't want to be untruthful either and hopefully this will help.

I started with this challenge in July when I was LNS almost every night. The accountability of posting has really helped me. I went to the doctor today and have lost 11 pounds since my last visit two months ago (51# loss total). I attribute the recent loss mainly to this forum. What has helped me not to LNS too is feeding my sweet tooth with a container of Halo Top as the last thing I eat in the evening. I have it incorporated into my calories for the day.

I love everyone's tips! Thanks for sharing!
  • chelle1114
    chelle1114 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hiiiiiiii! Late start but I'm all in!!
    Me-1
    LNS-0
    LAST MEAL WAS AT 630
  • vanessadc64
    vanessadc64 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
  • cjsacto
    cjsacto Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Me: 7*
  • dawnmarie012015
    dawnmarie012015 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
  • hedyk
    hedyk Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    My goal is to stay under 1300 net calories & no alcohol. So if I meet both goals, then that's 1 for me. If I go off plan for either calories or alcohol, than that's 1 for LNS.

Streak: 0

Just missed my goal yesterday with 1310 net calories
  • shallid1
    shallid1 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Me : 7
    LNS : 0