New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    71DhRgvzybL._SL1500_.jpg
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut). Probably the BEST caramel coffee syrup I've ever had. Way better than Davinci, torani, and starbucks SF syrups. I was a davinci fan for a long time, but I am switching to this brand now lol. They are super cheap on amazon too, was only 4 bucks a bottle because I have prime. (davinci is second cheapest at about 6-7 per bottle and starbucks/torani are the most expensive like 8-12 a bottle)

Great caraml flavor, just absolutely delicious. So glad I tried this brand. Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.

They sell that at Winners where I live, I bought all the Christmas-y flavours last year. If you're in Canada you should check, and if not, maybe TJ Maxx would have it too since I think they're owned by the same parent company.

Thanks! I was thinking of getting the holiday sampler which is only 10 bucks for a pack of 3! Super cheap compared to other SF syrups.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Kalex1975 wrote: »
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut).

<snip>

Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.

I have been enjoying the sample pack, their mocha flavor was tasty! I was getting low so went ahead and ordered the glazed donut flavor. Also ordered the English toffee flavor.

Thank you for introducing them to me!

Haha your welcome, glad you like them too! I think I'll try the english toffee if you say it is good. I loveee toffee. Will get the mocha, was afraid to try the chocolate ones in case they were like the torani chocolate (yuck).
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Nourish_Southwest_comp_update-550x641.png

Found this at Aldis (don't think this is new, but new to me).

I was surprised at how much I liked this bowl considering I usually hate Kale. What really made the bowl for me was the Chipotle Corn Salsa.

I have this one to try tomorrow

03694-Manns_Nourish_Bacon_Maple_Brussels.png

Be careful. Those are on recall.

https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/news_and_awards/recalls/Mann_Packing___Little_Salad_Bar_Recall_Press_Release_FINAL.pdf
    Yikes thanks for this,
    hgycta wrote: »

:)

I just saw it on my News Feed on Facebook and was coming here to tag you and bug you for more information, of course you'd beat us all to it though ;)
    Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for those who live near this scoop shop. For the rest of us not in California (and me in Maryland which is on the other side of the country entirely), this doesn't do much if that's all this announcement is about. I LOVE soft serve ice cream (especially the vanilla/chocolate swirl as pictured), but if there's not at least one new flavored pint I'm going to be disappointed. I know one scoop shop probably means many more to come, but they couldn't come soon enough :/ But new pint flavor > scoop shop. It's harder to binge watch movies in your pajamas while eating Halo Top when you're out in public. Unless... a Halo Top ice cream machine so we can turn our pints into soft serve similar to how the Keurig turns K Cups into coffee? Hey, it doesn't hurt to dream!

From Project NOSH:

"Halo Top also plans to sell ice cream sandwiches made with vegan, high-protein cookies and ice cream waffle-cone “tacos” — both of which mark the pint producer’s first novelty products. A company spokesperson told NOSH the novelties will remain a scoop shop exclusive and not move into traditional retail. While the brand currently does not have plans to sell its pints in the shop, that may also be reevaluated in the future."

For as much as I love Halo Top you'd think I would know they don't sell frozen novelties but honestly I had no clue. I've never been that crazy about ice cream bars or sandwiches since I think it's too distracting from the actual ice cream, but heck if they make their own high protein cookies or waffles I might just take them apart to enjoy separately, that doesn't sound too bad!

Also, I got sent samples of this ice cream mix from The Curious Creamery. I know someone here had previously reviewed it a while back; I got strawberry, vanilla, and chocolate. Tonight I decided to try the strawberry made with half a cup of unsweetened almond milk (415 calories for the entire pint) without any mix-ins so I could assess the taste before mixing in stuff and going crazy. I gave it a 10/10 and even my parents loved it! We all agree it tastes JUST like Neapolitan astronaut freeze dried ice cream, which I have always been obsessed with so I will definitely be getting more of these! If anyone knows any good cotton candy flavorings out there please let me know; I might use cotton candy pop rocks... I would use that amazing cotton candy frappe mix at Walmart if it wasn't so many calories! Until I find a cotton candy flavoring I'm going to test out all my favorite exotic McCormick extracts; I have purple ube and buco pandan and I use them when I make Lil Buff Bakery's protein cakes or hot chocolate but I know they're going to be fantastic in ice cream! I LOOOOOVE taro and the purple ube is as close to taro ice cream as I'm getting until I have time to drive out to an Asian market again haha :p

de42glu1hnmh.jpeg

Buco pandan and ube....you have such Filipino taste buds haha

I was the one who tried before haha. I loved them too. I made a batch with wine added in for a dinner party and it was a HIT.

They sell a line of boozy mixes now that I think is made especially for that, I guess you beat them to it when you tried the samples! Have you tried the new boozy mixes yet? How much wine did you add, and did you add it to a flavored mix or the unflavored one? Did you use a red or white wine? I'll definitely be trying it!

No I haven't tried yet didn't know they had those! I added 1:1 ratio of milk to red wine. I added to vanilla mix!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

I was surprised at how much I liked this bowl considering I usually hate Kale. What really made the bowl for me was the Chipotle Corn Salsa.

Be careful. Those are on recall.

https://corporate.aldi.us/fileadmin/fm-dam/news_and_awards/recalls/Mann_Packing___Little_Salad_Bar_Recall_Press_Release_FINAL.pdf

Thanks for posting that. Mine should be a current sell by date.

My sister had a miscarriage recently & shops at Aldis & Wal-Mart so I sent her a link to see if she ate any of the affected vegetables.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

These look super good and probably cheap. How much were they at aldis? I love getting prepackaged meals when i am in a rush but usually avoid it because the healthy ones are so expensive. FYI there is a 1 off printable coupon on their website !

I can't remember the price. I think it was less than $3.00 which is cheap compared to what other retailers would list it at. The recalled varieties were more than likely pulled from the shelf.

Does Aldis accept coupons?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    71DhRgvzybL._SL1500_.jpg
    Tried another flavor of these syrups (next up is donut). Probably the BEST caramel coffee syrup I've ever had. Way better than Davinci, torani, and starbucks SF syrups. I was a davinci fan for a long time, but I am switching to this brand now lol. They are super cheap on amazon too, was only 4 bucks a bottle because I have prime. (davinci is second cheapest at about 6-7 per bottle and starbucks/torani are the most expensive like 8-12 a bottle)

Great caraml flavor, just absolutely delicious. So glad I tried this brand. Probably will order more flavors now like the peanut butter and some of the chocolate ones. Usually I don't like chocolate SF syrups because they taste weird but this brand might be good.

They sell that at Winners where I live, I bought all the Christmas-y flavours last year. If you're in Canada you should check, and if not, maybe TJ Maxx would have it too since I think they're owned by the same parent company.

Thanks! I was thinking of getting the holiday sampler which is only 10 bucks for a pack of 3! Super cheap compared to other SF syrups.

What does everyone use the syrups in? Would these be good for protein ice cream?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Lantana-Limited-Edition-Pumpkin-Spice-Hummus.jpg?resize=550%2C524&ssl=1

OMG enough of the Pumpkin Spice stuff!

Bring on the holiday flavors!!!
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    I love Siggis yogurt. Higher in protein, lower in sugar, and delicious.

Agreed--it's a little more expensive than other brands, but it's worth it.
  • JennyRATL
    JennyRATL Posts: 199 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    jmurray90 wrote: »
    uhm. not food wise, but those microfiber lash things, that you put on like mascara.... THEYRE AWESOME!!!

I got some for Christmas but I have been hesitant to try it....I'm a false lash addict!

Really curious as to what this product is, I've never heard of it!

It's a mascara-helper type product that comes with some sort of "transplant gel" and then false fibers that adhere to your lashes, supposedly making them look fuller and longer! I've seen pics that look good and pics that look like tarantula lashes!

Where does one find such a marvel?! Must try!

Holy resurrected post, Batman! Didn't realize this post was from 2014! Sheesh.

My item: Coconut Coffee....anyone try this?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2017
    Options

It's heeeeeeere.

YESS with my love of gingerbread I must try this if I see good reviews.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It's heeeeeeere.

I can’t wait to try this!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    MMMM these look good. I LOVE the nature valley sweet and salty bars these seem like those but with added layers .Nature-Valley-Almond-Butter-Granola-Nut-Chocolate-Layered-Bars.jpg?resize=432%2C600&ssl=1

I saw these and the first thing I thought of were those granola cups with the almond butter, I bet these will be just as good just hopefully more filling!

It's heeeeeeere.

After my experience with the pumpkin I’ll believe it when I see it :p the only store I can still find the pumpkin is in the one Giant store out of the way from where I normally shop, hopefully these will be distributed better .-.

Also, if anyone at all tries this or sees it anywhere please let me know how it is!!!! My eyes are going to be peeled for it o: <3333
    e8bckbcnalmg.png
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

It's heeeeeeere.

YESS with my love of gingerbread I must try this if I see good reviews.

I have two coupons from Giant & Weis stocked up to use on this flavor.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    MMMM these look good. I LOVE the nature valley sweet and salty bars these seem like those but with added layers .Nature-Valley-Almond-Butter-Granola-Nut-Chocolate-Layered-Bars.jpg?resize=432%2C600&ssl=1

I saw these and the first thing I thought of were those granola cups with the almond butter, I bet these will be just as good just hopefully more filling!

It's heeeeeeere.

After my experience with the pumpkin I’ll believe it when I see it :p the only store I can still find the pumpkin is in the one Giant store out of the way from where I normally shop, hopefully these will be distributed better .-.

Also, if anyone at all tries this or sees it anywhere please let me know how it is!!!! My eyes are going to be peeled for it o: <3333
    e8bckbcnalmg.png

I wish we had Graeters!

This flavor sounds so delicious

cheesecrownlockup.jpg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

I need those in my life.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

It's heeeeeeere.

I would be excited, but I'd be willing to bet that they didn't use gluten-free cookie dough in that. :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Quaker-Limited-Edition-Gingerbread-Spice-Instant-Oatmeal.jpg?resize=424%2C600&ssl=1

I bought this at Weis today & I even regret wasting money on one box! This stuff is beyond bland with hardly any discernible flavor whatsoever (well other than being bland of course). I'm thinking next time I'll sprinkle some brown sugar, regular cinnamon, or cinnamon sugar on top.

I'm going to try the Quaker Gingerbread Spice granola bar tomorrow with my lunch.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

It's heeeeeeere.

e8bckbcnalmg.png

I wish we had Graeters!

This flavor sounds so delicious

cheesecrownlockup.jpg

I have some Graeters flavors around here but unfortunately Graeters responded to my Facebook post, they don't have this pint in Maryland and if they ever sell it here at all it will be a while >.< At least the A La Mode Partly Cloudy ice cream is a pretty amazing cotton candy ice cream for when I can't make it out to Cold Stone, if you haven't tried them I highly recommend it! Haven't tried their other flavors, though.
    I really want to know when those Gingerbread pints will be in Maryland though! We've been waiting for too long!