Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    maisiba wrote: »
    Had a case of 'that broccoli really needs to go now before it goes bad' and made a huge veggie stirfry (I already had enough protein for the day so no extra protein source).

Xf8ZF1P.jpg

xSu4ksh.jpg

Ingredients:
    215 g spinach
    102 g cauliflower
    193 g broccoli
    98 g bamboo shoots
    191 g mushrooms (champignons)
    22 g shallot
    salt, pepper, soy sauce and sriracha to season.

Total of 248 kcal.

Huge plate. Pretty good and I realized that I actually like bamboo shoots - it's water chestnuts I'm not fond of.

I HATE water chestnuts! Despicable
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Im planning to make the protein angel food cake later tonight. Got my eggs cooling to room temp, My fruits and cool whip ready. Cant wait. Pretty sure i know me id make many so i guess its good i have to put it off until dessert time. Get a proper meal in me in the meantime :pensive:

Side note, Extracts are fantastic. just made a latte out of coffee, stevia and caramel extract and it tastes exactly like the hot caramel drink from tim hortons i used to love thats like a bazillion calories lol.

Dessert minded today clearly ;D
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    That looks beautiful. I'm going to give it a. Go this week!
  • JaydedMiss
    really wish i had more room temp eggs LOL partially glad they need to be room temp so it takes pre-thought to eat this XD To good
  • theyoginurse
    theyoginurse Posts: 82 Member
    JaydedMiss wrote: »
    I did it. Oh. My. God.

Only issue i had was eggs are aparently really hard to crack nicely at room temp. Had to add a little Xanthan gum to thicken it slightly when one of my yolks half cracked in the mix. Otherwise. OMG. Used vanilla whey with caramel extract topped with fruits and light whip cream- 205 calorie cake 375 calories total. Its SO much beter thn i expected and has 39g protein. holy. The cake itself tastes like toasted marshmallow.

Edit to add- The cake itself is good enough to eat on its own happily.... Seriously way beter thn i expected

Can you please share the recipe? This looks so delicious!
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    I did it. Oh. My. God.

Only issue i had was eggs are aparently really hard to crack nicely at room temp. Had to add a little Xanthan gum to thicken it slightly when one of my yolks half cracked in the mix. Otherwise. OMG. Used vanilla whey with caramel extract topped with fruits and light whip cream- 205 calorie cake 375 calories total. Its SO much beter thn i expected and has 39g protein. holy. The cake itself tastes like toasted marshmallow.

Edit to add- The cake itself is good enough to eat on its own happily.... Seriously way beter thn i expected

Was posted before a few pages back heres a video . I think this is a new few times a week thing for me. So filling and super easy lol. Remember cartoned egg whites dont work, And i believe it has to be whey protein i went out and got it just for this :p Worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7b16AhPY3o
  • JaydedMiss
    Im curious if i could make them in cupcake form and freeze thm. I think ill try
  • theyoginurse

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! You definitely can freeze them. I would use clear wrap and then put in a Ziploc with the date. They would probably taste good frozen too. Like a frozen birthday cake!
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe! You definitely can freeze them. I would use clear wrap and then put in a Ziploc with the date. They would probably taste good frozen too. Like a frozen birthday cake!

Mmmmm. im going to find a way to get peanutbutter/filling in a cupcake version of these for work. Im now determined. Id start trying now but i feel like eatinh an entire carton of egg whites in one night sounds excessive xD
  • theyoginurse
    @JaydedMiss thank you for sharing the recipe again. I can’t wait to try this. Some ways I add volume to my meals with minimal calories is using pumpkin. I am obsessed with string beans too and add it to most of my dinners.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    I did it. Oh. My. God.

Was posted before a few pages back heres a video . I think this is a new few times a week thing for me. So filling and super easy lol. Remember cartoned egg whites dont work, And i believe it has to be whey protein i went out and got it just for this :p Worth it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7b16AhPY3o
    She used way more than 5 calories of the Reddi Whip cream :# ...js
  • theyoginurse
    @jaydedmiss that looks amazing! You’re on fire! (And your belly will be soon with all that delicious protein.)
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    @jaydedmiss that looks amazing! You’re on fire! (And your belly will be soon with all that delicious protein.)

Worth it. Mmmm. Just need to find a source of fat and call it a meal lol

Edit- Yeah this ones 54g protein other was 40....jeez ima never wana eat again lol
  • theyoginurse
    @JaydedMiss was the Peanut butter regular or powdered? Again, you’re really a great protein chef. So glad I found you and this thread!
  • JaydedMiss
    edited November 2017
    @JaydedMiss was the Peanut butter regular or powdered? Again, you’re really a great protein chef. So glad I found you and this thread!

Its peanut flour, I mix it with a sprinkle of salt and some splenda. Its wonderful and way cheaper thn PB2 xD Higher protein lower cal and can make whatever flavor i want its yum

Edit- This is bulk eater thread, Normal peanutbutter sadly isnt bulky :D
  • JaydedMiss
    Side note for those who said you were going to make the protein cake, The first one had a way beter texture im not sure if its because i added a bit of xanthan gum or the more likely culprit was the second one fluffed up alot more and was super thick in the tin. Didnt cook as nice XD Still delicious but to get the proper deliciousness make sure not to pile the fluff up to high to cook. I got greedy xD