• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    :)
  • ydailey
    ydailey Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Happy Loosen Up, Lighten Up Day!

Here the day is halfway over and I'm just now getting my post in! "‘Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it’. – Ferris Bueller"

Mary - Glad you're enjoying Arizona!

Katla - Thanks for sharing the good news about your grandson. Glad he's doing better.

Barbiecat - Congratulations on your new glasses... if you're like me, you can hardly wait to get them! Wish I could hit the rewind button on my eyes, but at least I can see well with my new glasses.

Joyce - I've been enjoying The Good Doctor. My experience with severely autistic people is limited, but it seems to me the actor does a very good job of portraying a young man who is really different in ways that aren't visible to the eye.

Terry - Thanks for the nut brittle recipe! I don't use a candy thermometer for stuff like that, I just use a cup of cold water. We still have a lot of pecans, so I may have to make some pecan brittle to give away.

Felicia - I agree with you about the fruit of the spirit. It seems like a lot of the people who are most vocal about what other people ought to be doing aren't exactly reaping a bountiful crop themselves let alone sharing it with their neighbors.

OK, I've loosened up for long enough. Back to work!

-Yvonne in TX
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,272 Member
    Options
    Eaten and drunken too much today. :s:# Back to my usual regime tomorrow. Promise.

I'm three pounds over my maintenance goal, so need to rein in a bit.

Haven't heard about the viewing. The last person thought there wasn't enough parking! :noway: We had a nice lunch out and I did well on calories with two small starters. Don't know what happened this evening! >:) DH is upstairs watching football so that might be the answer. :o

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,137 Member
    Options
    GetinFitinMn- you will get plenty of encouragement on this site! It looks like you were from my home state of Minnesota. There are a few of us on here from Minnesota. Let us know what you would like to be called. You have already joined by just being here. Up at the top click on the star and book mark it so you will be able to find us easily.

<3

Mary from Arizona
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,068 Member
    Options
    It was some kind of rodent chewing on our cable. They have yet to bury it. Internet and phone are back!!
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, you all seem like wonderfulgroup of ladies! I'd love to join in the conversation. I'm 53. I want to lose 30-35 lbs this winter and just am not finding the much-needed support I need. If anyone likes to encourage and converse back and forth to motivate each other (more than just the occasional 'like') send me a request. I'm good at encouraging people too. I'm doing it for both weight loss and to better my physical health. It's been so tough because I got into bad food choices in the last 3 months and gained 8 lbs. I've been better at saying no to sugar in the past, but lately it's won. Now I'm just going cold turkey---uffda! I have to say Halloween was really tough this year with the leftover candy too. BOO to sugar! Hope I can learn from you all.

Welcome to the group. We are a diverse group of supportive (and sometimes funny) group. Where are you from and what do you want us to call you?
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Home and in bed...heated mattress pad on and meletonin in.nighty night.got my haircut love it...

Today must be the day for haircuts. Got mine done too.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the good wishes. The patient is doing well.Stomach is Black & blue,but he’s healing.At check up,Dr said he saw no use for PT & to keep him moving.Anyway,.good to have him home where I can keep an eye on him.

MICHELE....he comes from a family of plumbers & that’s what they call a fridge with water plumbed to it,for water & ice.

My sleeping is messed up from the time change.Awake at 3:15 this morn......gonna be an early night. Pat

quote="exermom;c-40821964"]Went to the deep water class today. The plan for tomorrow is to do an Upper Body Bikini Burn DVD.

Pat - your husband is so lucky to have you "pushing" him. Glad to hear he's feeling better

Pat - what is a plumbed fridge? Probably something that I just know by a different name

Dana - we had to put the cover on our med the other night. Boo!!!!

Meg - (((HUG)))

Allie - what side dishes are you making for Thanksgiving? We're having it at Jess' and I'm thinking that I should bring some sides. Thinking of making a macaroni & cheese casserole, a sweet potato casserole, and some biscuits. Give me more ideas.

Michele in NC
    [/quote]

[
    [/quote]

• trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Janet’s,that is a beautiful baby girl. So sorry
    About your Sister.My youngest Sis died of the same thing.
    Losing a Sis is like losing a piece of yourself. Pat
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,364 Member
    Options
    Did a DVD on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

katla - I didn't know that about the "King's English". Thanks for telling me. Great news about your gs. For some reason, I thought you didn't have the boat any more. I'm so glad you do

Joyce - I was reading in the paper today that Bojangles is looking to expand into the Evansville area and my first thought was of you. I love The Good Doctor. For some reason DWTS didn't record. I was so looking forward to it. Guess I'm going to have to watch it on the Internet (boo, that I can't fast forward thru the commercials)

Made Magic Cookie bars to take up for Thanksgiving. Now I'm making cornbread muffins. I'm surprising myself how little I want to taste the raw batter. As you know, that was always my downfall. I may have to run to WalMart and get a pie shell for the pumpkin pie. I guess I can freeze that.

Terry when Vince had his cataract surgery, the one thing that really impressed him was that the newspaper was so white.

Felicia - do you have your wishes (your sons go to your ex-SIL). Unless it's in writing, they may not be able to go to her based just on their word that that's what you said.

Had a little bit of the cake batter from the cake I'm making for the gal whose birthday is Thanksgiving week so I'm making Vince some muffins. They're in the oven right now. Then I'll bake the crust for the pumpkin pie. I'll probably make the filling when we get home from dance lesson. Update: made the filling and baked the pie. Then I made a chocolate fudge cake to take up. Food Lion has sweet potatoes on sale next week for 38 cents a pound. Guess where I'm going to buy them? Made some icing for a cake that I made for Vince the other day. This was just confectioner's sugar and water. Now I know that I really need to sift the sugar if I ever make this type of icing again. But it does cascade down a bundt cake pan nicely.

GettinFit - welcome! Keep coming in for lots and lots of support

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,594 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

wahoo hrm not working, all apple watch

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.42min, 10.8amph. 1.5mi= 66c
    *manual* TREADMILL walk- 35min, 16.18min mi, 2.18mi = 292c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 7.01min, 12.6amph, 1.4mi= 39c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 18.58min, 9.7amph, 3mi= 105c
    jog sta 2 wk- 5.12min, 10.16min mi. .5mi= 61c

total 563 cals
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    patceoh wrote: »
    Janet’s,that is a beautiful baby girl. So sorry
    About your Sister.My youngest Sis died of the same thing.
    Losing a Sis is like losing a piece of yourself. Pat

Thank you, Hannah Joy is truly a joy. You're so right, it is like losing part of oneself. My second oldest sister passed over 15 years ago at only 61. I don't like being the youngest in these situations.

Janetr OKC