Volume Eaters Thread

Options

Replies

• ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Volume eating seems great but waaaay out of my budget. Produce is not cheap, especially for two.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't really like the angel food cake all that much. Maybe I put in too much extract. Or maybe it's just not my thing. I used to love angel food cake, but this just didn't do it for me.

I mean, it was okay. It just wasn't worth the trouble of making it again.

I will whip this up tonight. I will report back for share my findings. I am not expecting this to be the real thing at all, I mean its not a "cake", but I do expect it to at least look like a cake, have a cake consistency and taste good. The last bit very very important to me.

Otherwise I am back to making weekly cheesecake and donuts.

Yes let us know how it is compared to your cheesecake! Wondering which one i should try first!
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't really like the angel food cake all that much. Maybe I put in too much extract. Or maybe it's just not my thing. I used to love angel food cake, but this just didn't do it for me.

I mean, it was okay. It just wasn't worth the trouble of making it again.

I will whip this up tonight. I will report back for share my findings. I am not expecting this to be the real thing at all, I mean its not a "cake", but I do expect it to at least look like a cake, have a cake consistency and taste good. The last bit very very important to me.

Otherwise I am back to making weekly cheesecake and donuts.

Yes let us know how it is compared to your cheesecake! Wondering which one i should try first!

But since i don't own a 6" springform pan, i might just have to try the angel food cake first.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr I second the request, but for donuts.
    I'm already in a hardcore relationship with your cheesecake.
    @Famof72015 - there is a crazyravr cheesecake thread in the recipes forum. Be warned, its full of drool-worthy pics...

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

This will make six normal size donuts. All six will come to under 200cal.
    Dont expect them to taste like the donut shop fried and stupid sweet versions. First of they are baked :)
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1/3 cup sugar sugar sub (I use Stevia)
    1.5 tsp baking powder
    0.25 tsp salt
    2 egg whites (I use boxed)
    0.25 tsp cinnamon
    0.5 tsp vanilla
    2/3 cup silk cashew milk
    0.5 tsp apple cider vinegar

Preheat your oven to 350F.

Mix together or the dry stuff.
    Add in all the wet stuff.
    Mix it all up.
    Scoop into your donuts forms (I use a silicon baking sheets from Amazon).
    Bake for around 10 minutes. Check with tooth pick.
    Cool on the wire rack.
    Spread protein glaze (posted recipe in my cheesecake thread).

Hi Crazyravr...but 1 cup of flour is around 440 calories isn't it???
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    @Famof72015 - there is a crazyravr cheesecake thread in the recipes forum. Be warned, its full of drool-worthy pics...

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

Dont expect them to taste like the donut shop fried and stupid sweet versions. First of they are baked :)
    1 cup all purpose flour
    1.5 tsp baking powder
    0.25 tsp salt
    0.25 tsp cinnamon
    0.5 tsp vanilla
    2/3 cup silk cashew milk

Mix it all up.
    Cool on the wire rack.

Pretty much the only high calorie thing in there. It makes 6 donuts thats 76 calories per donut in flour
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

ch5z8cpwetu3.jpg

1 cup all purpose flour
    1.5 tsp baking powder
    0.25 tsp salt
    0.25 tsp cinnamon
    0.5 tsp vanilla
    2/3 cup silk cashew milk

Mix it all up.
    Cool on the wire rack.

Pretty much the only high calorie thing in there. It makes 6 donuts thats 76 calories per donut in flour

sure...but it was stated that the whole recipe came in at under 200...just thought I should mention this...

guess i read it as theyll be under 200 each XD my bad lol
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    @Crazyravr: Thanks for the revised version...will be trying this one :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    @Crazyravr: Thanks for the revised version...will be trying this one :)

Me too!
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    @vegmebuff @nowine4me If you can or dont have, get these forms. Well worth it. Even for easy bagels :)

Donut Baking moulds

wish i could afford that those look so fun haha. Noted for future XD
  • vegmebuff
    Options
    @vegmebuff @nowine4me If you can or dont have, get these forms. Well worth it. Even for easy bagels :)

Donut Baking moulds

yes! thank you...I've yet to purchase a silicone mat/muffin pan. I've heard good things:)
  • maisiba
    maisiba Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    @maisiba, the rice pudding looks good! I'm hesitant to try the shirataki rice because of my dislike for the noodles. I'm still not sure I would even find the rice as I've only seen the noodles here (to be honest, I've never looked though).

@kelly_c_77 You should get the shirataki rice right where you get the noodles. It's just a different form and fairly commonly available where you get the noodles.

I think the rice form has less of a chewy substance than the noodles, so they could work better if you're just indifferent to shirataki but if you have a strong dislike, it might just not be for you.

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    @crazyravr - thanks!!! Excited to try.

Made a mess of ‘Pad Thai’ with cabbage & shirataki noodles, homemade Pad Thai sauce using tamarind paste, fish sauce, soy, monksweet, lime, garlic, ginger, chili.
    Less high volume then the cabbage/shirataki, but needed for goals- 1 Egg and 1/3 c egg whites, scrambled, and 8 oz chicken, 1oz peanuts - just under 900 cals for the entire giant mixing bowl.
    (I needed the cals and I Protein load at night, it seems to help with muscle repair. Might be just in my head but it works for me.)
    18ztp90gi7lq.jpeg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Question to those of you that have made the protein angel food cake:

Do your cakes normally collapse in the oven? I make sure to grease my pans, and I fill them completely with the protein-meringue before I put them in the oven, but they always fall and shrink to the bottom of the pan while they're baking. They still taste really good, but they're just ugly. :( Is there any way to fix that? I've tried baking them in 4-inch round, 9-inch round, and bundt pans only to get the same result each time.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    maisiba wrote: »
    @kelly_c_77 You should get the shirataki rice right where you get the noodles. It's just a different form and fairly commonly available where you get the noodles.

Has anyone tried the shirataki lasagna sheets?

I am thinking of giving them a try but am a bit skeptical - does the texture work in a lasagna?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Do your cakes normally collapse in the oven? I make sure to grease my pans, and I fill them completely with the protein-meringue before I put them in the oven, but they always fall and shrink to the bottom of the pan while they're baking. They still taste really good, but they're just ugly. :( Is there any way to fix that? I've tried baking them in 4-inch round, 9-inch round, and bundt pans only to get the same result each time.

Yeah, it puffed then collapsed back down to only 2 or so inches thick. Not very fluffy. I was wondering if more protein powder would hold it up more.

When you bake a regular angel food cake, you normally cool it upside down to keep the volume in it.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

I think that happens when you folded the powder in to roughly. Just a guess i clearly dunno but it happened to me the one time i tried it and wasnt quite s gentle as i should have been, Was trying to get the powder stirred in a touch more vs just folded in in pockets and i got a big hard cookie vs a cake lol.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options
    Aparently im going to red lobster for all you can eat shrimp. Seems pretty volume based XD Seriously never been im excited to see what its about, I hear they have good biscuits? I love bread lol this is going to go bad xD Worth it im sure
  • bootyrubsandtacos
    bootyrubsandtacos Posts: 775 Member
    edited November 2017
    Options
    I made savory oats this morning for the first time. They weren’t bad. I paired it with egg whites and cut up sausage and veggies. It made a TON of food and I don’t get full easily. It’s not much to look at, but it hit the spot. I’ll be good for the next 5 hours or so.. xevauk13vymk.jpeg

1/2 a cup of oatmeal- 150c (I used water)
    1 chicken sausage- 140c
    1/2 a cup of egg whites- 65c
    1 slice of American cheese- 70c
    Tsp of butter- 50 cal
    Total= 475c