Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    raymax4 wrote: »
    HAHAHA @raymax4 that is hilarious! I'm so glad you had another cake. I wouldn't have thought of that. :lol:

Yea that cake was totally melted and wax even went into the cake it's self.

:confounded: poor cake.

Yes but it went out in a blaze of glory
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I am sooooooooooooo excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. All the yummy foooooooood. Stuffing and gravy is my favorite part.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I am sooooooooooooo excited for Thanksgiving tomorrow. All the yummy foooooooood. Stuffing and gravy is my favorite part.

Stuffing is my favorite, too! Trying a crock pot recipe this year. We'll see.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options

Pies are my favorite part. For those interested, I am going to make pumpkin apple and chocolate. I may be crazy.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Pies are my favorite part. For those interested, I am going to make pumpkin apple and chocolate. I may be crazy.

I'm making pecan, but we will have apple, chocolate, coconut, and pumpkin as well.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    It was moms 90th in Nov 20,
    We bought a cheep cake for the candles, and a good one for eating.
    Just to let you know this is what happens within seconds when you light 90 candles on a birthday cake. We placed it on the fire place for safety.
    t2jmx8j8bxy3.jpg
    4yie6n34byph.jpg

That's one epic cake.
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I'm making pecan, but we will have apple, chocolate, coconut, and pumpkin as well.

Pie-wise, we will have pumpkin, coconut cream, and French silk. :)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    That cake fire is impressive!
  • raymax4
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I ate a bunch of grasshopper cookies today but I really didn't need but I really wanted. They were really good. Now I feel better that I get to tell you LOL

Explain grasshopper cookies, please.
  • raymax4
    Options
    Well I thought I was going to just make apple and pumpkin pies this year but ended up with enough piecrust to make another pie, so I made a pecan pie.
    I boiled my beets today but after supper noticed that they weren't quite done so I set the stove on high fully intending to turn them down. I got distracted with mom and you guessed it. Worse I did not notice it until they were little black charcoal balls in the pan. Seriously crispy black on the outside with tiny soft red spots in the center.
    How could such a great baking day be so sadly ended!
    This week does seem to have a theme of fire.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

Stuffing and gravy are my least favorite part. But now I want pie!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    HAHAHA @raymax4 that is hilarious! I'm so glad you had another cake. I wouldn't have thought of that. :lol:

That cake is amazing.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,407 Member
    Options
    Well I thought I was going to just make apple and pumpkin pies this year but ended up with enough piecrust to make another pie, so I made a pecan pie.
    I boiled my beets today but after supper noticed that they weren't quite done so I set the stove on high fully intending to turn them down. I got distracted with mom and you guessed it. Worse I did not notice it until they were little black charcoal balls in the pan. Seriously crispy black on the outside with tiny soft red spots in the center.
    How could such a great baking day be so sadly ended!
    This week does seem to have a theme of fire.

Well I hope that is the last fire of the week! No more fires for you young lady! I don't even want you having candles.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    I can't believe how many pies you all have! How many people are you catering for?!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Ralphone wrote: »
    I ate a bunch of grasshopper cookies today but I really didn't need but I really wanted. They were really good. Now I feel better that I get to tell you LOL

Explain grasshopper cookies, please.

Yes, this please.

I'm guessing they are minty cookies. A grasshopper cocktail is minty.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

That was witty! Gold star for you!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    HAPPY THANKSGIVING, GUYS!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »

Stuffing and gravy are my least favorite part. But now I want pie!

I can take or leave most of the Thanksgiving foods, but stuffing is definitely my favorite!

My least favorite Thanksgiving food is definitely my grandmother's pumpkin pie. I think she basically just takes a can of pumpkin & doesn't put any spices in. I remember one year fighting with my sister on who had to take the pie home. I ended up crushing the pie after I tripped climbing out of the suburban & falling on top of it.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

tumblr_n999e25urf1roa7c8o3_250.gif