Maintaining mostly at 1200

124»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,883 Member
    While the OP may be long gone, for those reading now who are interested in magnesium, below is an article on the different types of it. I find magnesium useful to prevent pre-menstrual chocolate cravings. I'm currently taking Magnesium & Potassium Aspartate. It does not have a laxative effect and does not make me sleepy.

If it prevents me from eatingallthechocolate premenstrually, then I suppose it does have an indirect effect on my weight. However, what was described earlier sounds like normal overnight fluctuations or laxative effects.

https://drnibber.com/understanding-different-types-of-magnesium/
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    That moment when you re-read old posts and think yup, I'm awesome :bigsmile:

I was thinking that too... how awesome Rabbit is. Also that I need to re-start my "dark chocolate to reduce belly fat" diet.

• Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    While the OP may be long gone, for those reading now who are interested in magnesium, below is an article on the different types of it. I find magnesium useful to prevent pre-menstrual chocolate cravings. I'm currently taking Magnesium & Potassium Aspartate. It does not have a laxative effect and does not make me sleepy.

If it prevents me from eatingallthechocolate premenstrually, then I suppose it does have an indirect effect on my weight. However, what was described earlier sounds like normal overnight fluctuations or laxative effects.

https://drnibber.com/understanding-different-types-of-magnesium/

Magnesium makes you crave chocolate (which has magnesium) less during TOM?

Sooooooooo...does that mean jujubes are full of magnesium? Because that's all I want when I'm PMSing.

I'm starting a jujubes to reduce belly fat diet! lol
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    That moment when you re-read old posts and think yup, I'm awesome :bigsmile:

I was thinking that too... how awesome Rabbit is. Also that I need to re-start my "dark chocolate to reduce belly fat" diet.

Concur Rabbit is awesome. Also in it for your chocolate diet I can get on board with that.

giphy.gif
  • Nic123fitness
    Nic123fitness Posts: 27 Member
    Wow, thanks everyone! I’m definitely going to tighten up on logging. I’m sure it’s that, and resistance to craving (and giving in) to sugary treats! I’ve ordered some Magnesium too!! I’ll let you know how I get on. I’m very like some ladies here, I think I use about 1500 or 1600 a day (if I go by my Fitbit) and then eating at deficit is only 1400, a bit of forgetting to log everything means it’d pretty easy to stay stuck.

Thanks for your help!
  • purplebobkat
    purplebobkat Posts: 68 Member
    Brittbam89 wrote: »
    titotito48 wrote: »
    And have you noticed fat loss in your stomach? My stomach seems to be the last place I'm losing!

Tiotio48,

I notice a big difference in weight loss when I use the magnesium supplement.

I started this diet a year ago, and I wasn't taking Magnesium. The 12,00 calorie diet alone certainly helped. But I started seeing my doctor for migrane issues and she said that magnesium could help with my migraines. I noticed a big difference in weight loss with the magnesium. Here is an article about it, magnesium has many benefits. http://www.shape.com/healthy-eating/diet-tips/6-reasons-youre-not-losing-belly-fat

Magnesium is brill for migraines. It really helps to reduce the frequency of my attacks.
  • svel713
    svel713 Posts: 141 Member
    lesteidel wrote: »
    Nobody maintains at 1200

You're right your issue is logging accuracy

But it's also probably that you are reacting to short term scale fluctuations as you increase calories...look at reverse dieting

Incorrect!

A five foot tall 100 pound woman maintains at roughly around 1200 and is in a healthy bmi.

I would doubt it at that weight and height, but there ARE people who have to subsist on that not to gain weight....

I am 5'2" and was around 105lbs when I got so sick that I ended up bedridden. I only got up to pee 2-3 times and my Fitbit clocked me in at 1259 calories. So I can confirm this is more or less true.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    svel713 wrote: »
    Nobody maintains at 1200

But it's also probably that you are reacting to short term scale fluctuations as you increase calories...look at reverse dieting

Incorrect!

A five foot tall 100 pound woman maintains at roughly around 1200 and is in a healthy bmi.

I would doubt it at that weight and height, but there ARE people who have to subsist on that not to gain weight....

I am 5'2" and was around 105lbs when I got so sick that I ended up bedridden. I only got up to pee 2-3 times and my Fitbit clocked me in at 1259 calories. So I can confirm this is more or less true.

BMI is not maintenance though. Your BMI is around 1259. But your maintenance is normally higher. BMI is what your body needs to lie there, not how much you need to eat when active.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    shell1005 wrote: »
    Brittbam89 wrote: »
    Hey all,
    I am also on the 12,00 calorie diet. I feel like I maintain it very well and often have 200-300 calories that I'm trying to use up for before bed time. I was recently pregnant and couldn't do this diet, but now I'm back at it again. The first time around it worked very well! I lost 25 pounds in just a few months, but I'd always hit a plato, around 15-20 lbs weight loss, to where I couldn't lose anymore weight.... But I started taking Magnesium supplements (400mg) before bed time and it would really boost my weight loss. I'm talking about waking up and being down half a pound or even a full pound down form the day before.

Magnesium helps to regulate insulin and glucose, so it helps your body process sugars. It really helps with reducing belly fat :).

Strong first post there.

The supplement doesn't cause your body or anybody's body to lose a half a pound or a lb per day. That just not how any of this works. CICO.

It has been shown to help regulate hormones to an extent which can affect water retention. It was recommended to me due to thyroid disease.

• brittneyalley
    brittneyalley Posts: 274 Member
    Nobody maintains at 1200

Incorrect!

Very true. I maintained at around 1200-1300 at my lowest weight. Trying to get back there now. Some can just exercise more. I have hip issues that prevent it.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Wow, thanks everyone! I’m definitely going to tighten up on logging. I’m sure it’s that, and resistance to craving (and giving in) to sugary treats! I’ve ordered some Magnesium too!! I’ll let you know how I get on. I’m very like some ladies here, I think I use about 1500 or 1600 a day (if I go by my Fitbit) and then eating at deficit is only 1400, a bit of forgetting to log everything means it’d pretty easy to stay stuck.

Thanks for your help!

Did you fall asleep for two years and just wake up to come back to this thread, responding as if it's only been two days...?

What's been going on with your weight, activity, and calorie intake since you first started this thread?

Lol. I was wondering the same. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. OP 2015. Next post of acknowledgement 2017. 'Twas a nice stroll down memory lane seeing names of previous posters though.
  • Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    I’m 5’1.5 and 48 years old. My sedentary calories are listed at 1173 I think. But that is doing nothing all day. Like meaning you have the flu and someone else brings you soup in bed. I move around a lot. Also, that is for the average person, I guess. My metabolism is not as slow as they suggest. I’m currently losing a few pounds and have been averaging about a pound a week with average of 1400-1500 calories a day.

I know you think you are sedentary, but I suggest buying a fitnes tracker to see how much you move. And, frankly, if you aren’t moving that much, start doing it! My grandmother lived until 96 and used to walk 5 miles every day because she thought it was healthy to do so and would keep her alive. And it did! Sorry, but if a 90 year old can do it, unless you are in a wheel chair, I’m failing to hear a good excuse.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    kpk54 wrote: »

Thanks for your help!

Did you fall asleep for two years and just wake up to come back to this thread, responding as if it's only been two days...?

What's been going on with your weight, activity, and calorie intake since you first started this thread?

Lol. I was wondering the same. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. OP 2015. Next post of acknowledgement 2017. 'Twas a nice stroll down memory lane seeing names of previous posters though.

Pour one out for Rabbit and Tex...
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Aaah Rabbit, I was in her home town a couple of months ago (a long, long way from where I live now, but my home town), a fine wise woman I would have loved to meet.

I didn't dare reply to the OP as I couldn't quite understand the large gap in posts- I thought I was having a time warp event.

Life is strange B)

Cheers, h.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    how sedentary are all of you? get up and do something...

Seriously I couldn't imagine eating just 1200 Calories a day (there are days when my dinner alone is 1000+) or doing so little that I'd only have that many to eat. I know I'm super active but I get around 1000 Calories added to my total target by Fitbit on my active rest day (20000+ steps I have children no car). Try to incorporate some movement, you must literally be doing nothing to only have 1200 to eat.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    I feel so badly for those who maintain on SOOO low calories. I can't imagine living on 1200 a day for maintenance. I would be so unsatisfied and starving all the time. I definitely would be overweight if my maintenance was that low. I really give you guys so much credit for having the willpower to maintain if you can only eat 1200. (I am used to 2100-2600)
  • Nic123fitness
    Nic123fitness Posts: 27 Member
    edited December 2017
    I've just replied but the wifi is bad in my office so I'll try again, apologies if you get two similar replies, I've not been checking this, and didn't realise that so many people replied, apologies! I only dip in and out and I'm only interested in info and supportive posts.

Since 2015 I've lost 30 pounds, work out 5 times a week and live with a personal trainer, so I think I'm ok at how much exercise I now have. I do have a walking difficultly which makes it a bit harder for me, but my workouts are good, and I've got a good resting heart rate and am fitter than ever. I also think pretty much everyone can get fit.

I think I have figured out how much I need to eat and work out, it's probably about 1500 a day. Not so much, but its fine with exercise. I am now a few pounds over goal, but I'll be fine with sorting that. Hoping you all get to goals and have a great Christmas too.