December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    LC0924 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent thank goodness for Google and its conversion tools... ;)

I originally thought "Oh this time I will do millimeters" but then I realized the silly metric system actually makes sense so it will not look anywhere near as complicated. :lol:

You could do angstroms?
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    LC0924 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent thank goodness for Google and its conversion tools... ;)

I originally thought "Oh this time I will do millimeters" but then I realized the silly metric system actually makes sense so it will not look anywhere near as complicated. :lol:

You could do angstroms?

Till just metric system, so same problem as millimeters... just more 0s.

Well no biggie.. C8 miles will work too :wink:
  • Azercord
    Azercord Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    The training plan says 189 miles and I would like to get this but...foot health comes first so we will see what happens there. For now I will say 189 miles and not break (more?).
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Looking at a December goal of 140 (~4.5/Day Avg) with a stretch of 170 (~5.5/Day Avg).

Have a minimum of 31 miles for the Holiday Run Streak started on Thanksgiving, plus I am doubling down with another 78 Mile commitment for the "12 days of x-mas challenge" running 1, 2, 3....10, 11, 12 for each day over a period of 18 days to insure rest, etc....so I will have a min of 96 miles in 18 days which is an avg of just above 5 miles a day. I currently have no real training plan that I am following, which likely will start in January and fingers crossed that on 12/12 my lottery registration of the Chicago marathon is chosen. Finally, this week, I did sign up a for the F^3 Lake Half Marathon in Chicago on Jan 20th, 2018 which could be a story to tell given some past winters here.
  • ABabilonia
    ABabilonia Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This month my goal is 50 miles. I will probably run 4 miles tomorrow, I have a 5K on Saturday, and I'll try to run 4-5 miles on Sunday to get a good headstart. Good luck everyone...

exercise.png

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    In for 626k to get to 5000 on the year :)

There ya go, making me feel inadequate again ;)
  • aburrison1
    aburrison1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options

exercise.png

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options

Pssssh you know you're training smart and at least your trainer didn't fire you :D . Low key stressed out about figuring that out before Christmas
  • weat0043
    weat0043 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    December goal is 60km... I'm thinking with the holidays and the cold weather we're going to see at some point I'll make a conservative goal and maybe blow it out of the water if the weather cooperates.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options

Pssssh you know you're training smart and at least your trainer didn't fire you :D . Low key stressed out about figuring that out before Christmas

Lol.... trainer fired you..... you were overqualified
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options

Lol.... trainer fired you..... you were overqualified

She outran him by 3,000k