December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    3.5 miles on the elliptical this AM. December is off to a good start goal 120. Two month in a row, I haven't made my goal due to injury. This will change.

exercise.png
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    12/1 10.02 miles
    Had to stop and put out a fire in my neighbor's/friend's yard around mile 9. Appears the mulch was packed a bit tight.

So would you say your friend's yard was lit? :lol:

AHAHAHAH! Yes!
    @7lenny7 wrote: »
    I never classified myself as anything, I just could not consider myself as 'good enough' to be a runner.

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

― John Bingham

We're glad to have you here, @AlphaHowls !
    Thank you so much for that!
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    12/1 - Les Mills Body Pump / CX Works

0/80

@JessicaMcB If you ever decide to do the Leadville 100, let me know! It's just a few hours from my place and we love to camp up there. There's a half marathon at Turquoise Lake I'm considering.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Welcome @AlphaHowls - I'd say you are definitely a member of the best, most obsessive club there is haha!

@MNLittleFinn can't we both just be crazy together :D

@PastorVincent that pun tho

Enjoyed a lot of ice this morning now that Ben is back from working in the city. Will potentially go out again later after dinner and grocery shopping with the kids.

Random thing me and Ben both noticed when we were in the shower this morning- my capillary refill was really off when you pressed on my skin even though I'm not dehydrated. Cold response? Anyone else noticed this???

December 1- 18

18/626km

2018 Races
    *Gord's Frozen A** 50K, February 19
    *JAJA Trail Marathon, April 1
    *Red Deer Marathon, May 20
    *Cactus Coulee Crawl 30km, TBA June
    *Eddie's Half Marathon, TBA June
    *Run in the Buff 120km TBA August
    *Lost Souls 100 Mile September 7
    ???Lewiston Trail Ultra September 29
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    @fitoverfortymom it definitely wouldn't be for a couple years but I'll let you know. My ideal scenario big American plans for 2019 would be WS100 if I made it through the lottery and Pigtails 200 Miler in WA.
  • LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    DATE...............MILES................TOTAL
    12/1..................4.00......................4.00

• MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I should be running but I'm sitting in a nasty shop getting my brakes done. Scuzzy old guy next to me wearing socks and sandals. I'm glad for the socks. :D

We hit a deer in our other car last night. The good car :'( Waiting to find out if it's totaled.

I'm sure I'll run later but curling up and watching movies sure sounds better.

I sure *hope* you totaled that deer! Oh, you mean the car? Shame about that. I lost a car to a suicide attack by Bambi's mother in 2004; it took me years to get over jumping at shadows when driving at dusk.
  • AlphaHowls
    AlphaHowls Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds like a lot of us adult-onset runners.

This! I often wondered what I was afflicted with!

• LaDispute57
    LaDispute57 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Imma adult onset too...
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    Yeah, that sounds like a lot of us adult-onset runners.

This! I often wondered what I was afflicted with!

More specifically, middle-age onset runner here.