December 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    In for 626k to get to 5000 on the year :)

There ya go, making me feel inadequate again ;)

Pssssh you know you're training smart and at least your trainer didn't fire you :D . Low key stressed out about figuring that out before Christmas

Lol.... trainer fired you..... you were overqualified

She outran him by 3,000k

Lol it wasn't as much my distances as it was my times :/
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    I'm going to go with 93 miles for December - based on an average of 3 miles a day. There are some already known challenges to that schedule, but hopefully it's doable because I want to go into my HM in January feeling strong. I'm not focusing on a PR for that, but just to enjoy a nice solid run and soak up some sun (I hope).

Upcoming races:
    12/9/17 It's a Wonderful Run 5k?
    1/1/18 Resolution Run
    1/14/18 Key West Half Marathon

• garygse
    garygse Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    None, nada, zero, big fat hairy zip. My shin is feeling a lot better as I approach the end of three weeks without a single run, and I get to go back to the doctor after another week, but as I can still feel it, I highly doubt I'll get even a single mile in this month. Trying to recall what I did to piss Santa off this year.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Not sure on mileage (I said 20 miles last month to get myself to 30 miles, and finished just north of that). Mileage is sorta incidental to me at this point.

Goals:
    Finish Couch to 10K
    Run another 5k with my sister while she's visiting from Missouri. Probably just on treadmills at the gym.

I lost my right pinky toenail last night - I don't think my nail beds ever fully recovered from all my years dancing en pointe. I ran today and it felt fine, so onward and upward. (My sneakers fit well, I vainly wore boots that were a little too smug two days ago because I finally lost enough weight that I could fit them again.)

From pointe to running means I hate my toes/feet! I also had someone get one of my toes with a stiletto at a club once. Awful feet. :D
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Hrm... doing @JessicaMcB and @juliet3455 math... I am at 1712 miles for the year so I need to hit 288 miles.... err maybe just 188 :lol:
  • eponine1984
    eponine1984 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I'm in again. Not sure on mileage (I said 20 miles last month to get myself to 30 miles, and finished just north of that). Mileage is sorta incidental to me at this point.

Goals:
    Finish Couch to 10K
    Run another 5k with my sister while she's visiting from Missouri. Probably just on treadmills at the gym.

I lost my right pinky toenail last night - I don't think my nail beds ever fully recovered from all my years dancing en pointe. I ran today and it felt fine, so onward and upward. (My sneakers fit well, I vainly wore boots that were a little too smug two days ago because I finally lost enough weight that I could fit them again.)

From pointe to running means I hate my toes/feet! I also had someone get one of my toes with a stiletto at a club once. Awful feet. :D

I went pointe --> pregnancy --> running so my feet really have gone through the wringer. I never really got bad dancers feet. Then I retained all the water in southeastern PA when I was pregnant and my feet swelled like loaves of bread dough rising. And now that I'm losing weight, my feet are shrinking back to their prepregnancy size, which is why I was cramming them in snug boots.

I'm heading to my local running store and getting sized and fitted for shoes as I can tell that my shoes have changed size/shape. Hopefully santa will leave some new sneakers under my tree.
  • bashincenters
    bashincenters Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My December goal is 60 miles!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    at least your trainer didn't fire you :D .
    ???? WT*kitten* so that is the "overtraining" reference ??
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    I know one goal I will not make this month... become a foot model!

My black toenail (from running downhill) is painted a pretty color! So no one can tell!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Forgot toenails... my THUMB is still mostly black from when it got caught in the security gate on my way back from running two months go...

q1tjux5wrjpd.jpg
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    at least your trainer didn't fire you :D .
    ???? WT*kitten* so that is the "overtraining" reference ??

She's too good for her trainer... she needs a trainer who works with "elites"
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Decembber goal: Keep kicking at Zumbro training
    Nominal mileage goal: Let's say 120?? I really don't know. Going for like 70% trail

12/2- 7.2

Total: 7.2

Today's notes: In a chnage from the previous 4 weeks of training, coach had my speedwork day for the week today, instead of Saturday. Today's assignment was 5x800 at 6:60 pace with 4 minute recovery. This was a HARD one. I figured that a 4 minute recovery would be plenty to keep me going through the repeats..... Nope, It was rough, but I got it done. 800m split times were:
    3:16
    3:17
    3:18.8
    3:18.7
    3:20.7

As you can see, I barely squeaked by without breaking the 3:21 barrier on the last rep, and I was pushing hard! VERY good workout. I actually feel pretty good now, but, boy, oh boy, was it a tough one. All in all, very good though.

Have a runderful day all!

2018 races
    4/13- Zumbro Endurance Race 100 Mile
    5/19- Superior Trail 25k (Lottery)
    7/8- Afton 50k???
    9/8- Superior Trail 50 mile (Lottery)
    10/xx Wild Duluth 50k? 100k?

http://teachertrailrunner.blogspot.com/
  • Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Goal for December is 115 miles. Started it with a 3 mile run this morning. Weather was a balmy 43F but it was humid!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    AlphaHowls wrote: »
    Joining this challenge for December. I have not participated before because issues with being classified as a runner. Anyway, cold weather has set in, but I will set my goal for 200 miles.

Welcome to the group!

:confused: Just curious, what would you have classified your as? Cuz 200 mpm is the work of A LOT of trainin'.

Not that lables are important here... Or anywhere :wink: