Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• WenWheel
    WenWheel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    eclaire608 wrote: »
    I'm in! I am generally under my calories for the day when I add my food but, once I add alcohol I blow it. My goal is no weekday alcohol and moderation on the weekends. Good luck everyone!

I do the SAME thing!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    After doing so well on Friday night, I didn't fare so well on Saturday. My husband was outside putting up Christmas lights and we had a brisket in the smoker, which pretty much serves as an open invitation for anyone in the neighborhood to stop by. So it ended up being one of those days where I poured a glass of wine around 3PM and ended up going to bed after midnight having completely lost track of whatever I ate or drank. Those are the days that I am trying to avoid! I did manage out make it out yesterday for an 8 mile run, so it couldn't have been that bad, but it still leaves me feeling disappointed with myself. No alcohol yesterday, but today we are going to the Steelers/Bengals game. Heading down early to tailgate. Will try my best to keep it in control.
  • WenWheel
    WenWheel Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Blew it yesterday - weekends are tough! Going for none today so I can eat all of my calories.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I am generally under my calories for the day when I add my food but, once I add alcohol I blow it. My goal is no weekday alcohol and moderation on the weekends. Good luck everyone!
    That is so easy to do! I sympathise
  • bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I went to Universal this past weekend and drank allloooottttt.. My goal for this month is to cut down drastically. I plan on going out of town again next weekend so I'm gonna try to let that be one of the few times I drink this month. Even then I want to set a limit for myself. I need to put a cap on it around drink 4.
  • kayla_who
    kayla_who Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Gonna follow this thread and maybe join in after the holidays. :D
  • adalidajane
    adalidajane Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm in too! tonight I will also start the 30 day shred and see how it goes. Anyone else doing it, I would like to have a "buddy" but I might need to be on a new thread for that? I looked but found this one and I need to cut out my daily wine too.
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm going to cut out alcohol during the work week, including Friday :neutral: A maximum of 5 beers on Saturday and Sunday. Which is an awful lot, but a huge improvement for me. I started this last Monday, the 27th. I bought some growlers on Sunday, and I totally overdid it Sunday night, and I then ordered a bunch of food. :(:angry:
  • RaymondKnight
    RaymondKnight Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Rarely consume alcohol, but when I do I consume straight liquor (typically high end tequila), as it gives the most bang for the buck. (1oz = 69 calories). Drinking one drink is pointless to me - if I drink, I want to get drunk, or at least buzzed. But having hundreds of calories of booze is not worth what I could have had in food, and especially the cost I pay having to slog through a hungover cardio workout. Cheers folks!
  • akmommac
    akmommac Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Following also!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Nope. I will keep drinking.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    One day at a time....Wow, my wine spritzer worked and only had 2 glasses of wine. I plan on keeping the pattern and decreasing gradually to one glass of wine, then alcohol free days. Thank you for any support. It is helping me a lot writing here, as it helps me be more accountable. Also, I am praying for help. I know that I can do it, as I can do anything I put my mind to. This is part of my process with you all! :)
  • changeNeeded87
    changeNeeded87 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Definitely wish I had found this last month as I was struggling. Hopefully the accountability will help.

So I can get an accurate count... A portion of wine is 5 or 6 ounces right??? Because my wine glasses hold a little more :smile:
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    @changeNeeded87 I always thought a glass of wine is six ounces in a restaurant. I recently saw a glass that has lines on it for different wine pour ounces. It was pretty and the lines probably help you not over pour:)
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I use a measuring cup to accurately measure it with water first, then you know when you put the wine it it.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options

Very good. You can do it. I only have one drink on Sunday and none on other days. It's not impossible.