Less alcohol-December 2017-one day at a time

Options

Replies

• Will_Run_for_Food
    Will_Run_for_Food Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Going to try to get back into the game after a failed November. I know it's going to be tougher around the holidays, but hopefully leading up to them it won't be so bad. Then maybe a dry January. For now, ODAAT.
  • IronDogJourney
    IronDogJourney Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I’m going to start today! And how come I see “member” after each persons name? It can’t be a member of MFP... we wouldn’t be able to see this otherwise right?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,956 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I’m going to start today! And how come I see “member” after each persons name? It can’t be a member of MFP... we wouldn’t be able to see this otherwise right?

yeah, it's MFP member. Anyone on the internet can see these posts, they don't have to join. Some people are "Greeters" or "Moderators" or "Staff" so sometimes you'll see that after their name - and some people actually PAY to use MFP, so theirs says, "Premium Member."
  • slimbyjune18
    slimbyjune18 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Me too, alcohol free night tonight, this is normal for me this early in the week, I’m aiming to be dry until fri & then be careful this weekend.
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Doing better again, no alcohol for two more days. Next big challenge will be birthday dinner next week. Working toward reasonable control and maintaining calorie deficit throughout.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,170 Member
    Options
    @Will_Run_for_Food My trigger is boredom too. When I am grading papers, I feel like rewarding myself for working in the evening. Lately, I've switched to tea. Was thinking of buying good quality tea bags to give me some kind of reward. I do wish I had a glass of wine tonight. But checking into this thread keeps me focused.
  • jeffmp29
    jeffmp29 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Me too. Trying to make it to Friday.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    sporty361 wrote: »
    When I realized a 12 pack of my fav beer is around 1800 calories that bit of info helped me. I was drinking about a 12 pack a week and adding, in a sense, another days worth of calories to my week. No wonder I was not losing weight. I feel like I can still drink though I am way back and nothing this week. Good luck!

Sometimes, when planning my meals, I add a couple of glasses of wine to see how it affects my daily cal count and then take them away or just have one. That puts me in deficit for the weekend when I am likely to have more. It just makes me more aware of what I am consuming. Challenge tonight as hubby is home and I am cooking a Thai curry. It will be tempting to have some wine but I am aware I have planned up to my 1500 cals not including it..

• daneeverett78
    daneeverett78 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 3 months without the booze. I did 6 months last year and I made massive changes. Granted, I am/was a heavy binge drinker. The calories in the booze is bad but the way I ate following a bender was terrible. My question would be if you can cut down a lot why not just eliminate alcohol completely?
  • jpsteck
    jpsteck Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Day 2 of challenge. Internal goal is 2 drinks max, so far no drinks.
  • slimbyjune18
    Options
    I’ve been really careful this week, first week back (I gained 19lb back of 45lb lost) and I’ve really focused on not going over calories.. rewarded with a 4lb loss this morning. I enjoy it socially so would never want to quit totally, but making sure one glass stays one glass is my aim, alongside a dry Jan in a few weeks.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I stuck to 2 White wine spritzers and found myself drinking the second one watching tv....I talked myself into having it because I was thinking I would sleep better. I really could have gone without it? Anyone else have thoughts on this? I think I need to find something else to help me relax?
  • slimbyjune18
    Options

FattieBabs wrote: »
    sporty361 wrote: »
    When I realized a 12 pack of my fav beer is around 1800 calories that bit of info helped me. I was drinking about a 12 pack a week and adding, in a sense, another days worth of calories to my week. No wonder I was not losing weight. I feel like I can still drink though I am way back and nothing this week. Good luck!

Sometimes, when planning my meals, I add a couple of glasses of wine to see how it affects my daily cal count and then take them away or just have one. That puts me in deficit for the weekend when I am likely to have more. It just makes me more aware of what I am consuming. Challenge tonight as hubby is home and I am cooking a Thai curry. It will be tempting to have some wine but I am aware I have planned up to my 1500 cals not including it..

Good luck! I think that’s a good challenge to not drink.. will keep my fingers crossed you stay strong!
  • slimbyjune18
    Options
    I stuck to 2 White wine spritzers and found myself drinking the second one watching tv....I talked myself into having it because I was thinking I would sleep better. I really could have gone without it? Anyone else have thoughts on this? I think I need to find something else to help me relax?

I often go to bed earlier & read, means I don’t drink and sleep better for not watching a screen. Plus you drift off naturally -even if your book is on your face! I’d be q interested in others ways to
    relax too.
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would like to join as well as it will help me be more accountable on what I'm drinking and help me to take days off here and there. The holidays seem super stressful and those drinks add up and make me go over my calorie limit. So far for December:
    December 1 = no alcohol
    December 2 = 1 glass of red wine
    December 3 = 2 beers
    December 4 = no alcohol
    December 5 = no alcohol

and we'll see what happens tonight...have a good day!
  • jessweiss2
    jessweiss2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Following / joining. I'm usually able to keep to my calories even with a few drinks. But I feel like I should be cutting back. Goal: 2 drinks a day. No more than 3.