TEAM PURPLE! *Lose 10lbs in August*

Options

Replies

• road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    When do we weigh in??? I'm dying over here lol

Didn't di anything yesterday...my back was acting funky, but I plan to give turbo for a shot today. Has anyone done it? Is it hard to catch on? Is it hard period? Lol I have been doing chalean extreme but I got a smidge bored. I dusted off my insanity the other day and kinda miss it. I'm thinking of starting it again but not following the schedule as much since I run also.

Its neat to see all these different exercises everyone is doing. Make it happen purple!
  • tiabirdie56
    tiabirdie56 Posts: 4,041 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

~Viruetwife2012~ Weigh in is Friday. This week's challenge is to burn 500 cals a day, it ends on Sunday, new challenge on Monday.

~road2peachtree~ Friday is weigh in.
  • Rhea81
    Rhea81 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am sucking on this week's mini challenge... :-\ It has been a VERY busy week BUT I have been watching my intake. Something in better than nothing. At least I am moving in the right direction.
  • road2peachtree
    road2peachtree Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

~Viruetwife2012~ Weigh in is Friday. This week's challenge is to burn 500 cals a day, it ends on Sunday, new challenge on Monday.

~road2peachtree~ Friday is weigh in.

Ugh :grumble: I can't. LOL It's kiiiiiiiilling meeeeee--but I suppose one more day won't hurt
  • whatshesaid
    whatshesaid Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    How are you guys burning so many calories!! I missed the gym yesterday due to an appt, did the 30DS but that only burns 200-300 calories........ and it's been pouring rain here all week. Any suggestions for burning more?

(Just eat less i guess? haha) I'd better kill it today if weigh-in is tomorrow!
  • Amanduh_Awesomesauce
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm new here.
    SW: 195
    CW: 185
    GW: 140
    Super excited to be a part of a group. :)
  • sparetirebegone
    sparetirebegone Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    How are you guys burning so many calories!! I missed the gym yesterday due to an appt, did the 30DS but that only burns 200-300 calories........ and it's been pouring rain here all week. Any suggestions for burning more?

(Just eat less i guess? haha) I'd better kill it today if weigh-in is tomorrow!

I just work my *kitten* off!!! If I see that I've only burned a few hundred calories, I will do like 100 jumping jacks, run around the block a few times, anything to meet my personal daily goal of 700!!
  • scs143
    scs143 Posts: 2,190 Member
    Options
    Okay now I have done:

Monday 467
    Tuesday 467
    Wednesday 996
    Today- so far 429.

I wanted to sneak on the scale today to see if I had a loss, but I didn't. I can't wait to see what it looks like tomorrow! Sick huh?
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey team. I've had a crazy busy week so I haven't been active here, but I just wanted to check in and bump into my topics. :)
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    Mon- 564 calories burned :)

Tues- 308 calories burned :(

Wed- 722 calories burned! Did 30 mins of jogging, 60 mins of zumba and 15 mins of personal training :)

Thurs- nothing yet but hopefully this headache will go away so I can at least do zumba.

Colories remaining till weigh in- 906
  • smknitter
    smknitter Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Well.... everyone has more patience than I.... I did step on the scale yesterday. It did show a loss though so that is awesome. We will have to see what happens tomorrow.

Today I am going to try to break up the workouts a little. I am finding it hard to get anything else done, because I am either working out or on here for some support.

Great job on all the hard work everyone.
  • ShellyLee
    ShellyLee Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.. yesterday wasn't such a good day... did 30DS in the morning but I work from 12-7 and have no been sleeping well so was exhausted when I got home.
    Monday 530
    Tuesday 548
    Wednesday 225
    Thursday 500+ I haven't actually done this yet, but my class is tonight and should be somewhere around the same as Tuesday.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Hey there Purple Reign!

~road2peachtree~ You are too cute with your impatience! BUT, Friday is weigh in.

~whatshesaid~ Personally, I workout like a mad woman. I never waste time idling with exercise and I have NEVER needed motivation to work out. When I put the time in, it's gonna benefit me. I have used an HRM for years, but before that I learned to take my pulse and figure out my resting heart rate. Then, I used heart rate calculators to figure out how many times my heart should be beating when I exercise at an aerobic level, an interval level and an anaerobic level. I always exercise between aerobic, 70% of my heart rate and anaerobic, 90% of my heart rate. I always say, GO HARD!

Tish

August 10LB Challenge
    Week 1 ~ 8/1 thru 8/8
    500 calories burned each day / GOAL 3500 cals burned
    M/ 840 ~ 65 min ~ circuit training
    Tu/ 767 ~ 60 min ~ elliptical intervals (50)/stretch (10)
    W/ 815 ~ 70 min ~ circuit training (60) / stretch (10)
    Th/ 382 ~ 30 min ~ Wii Bowling Aerobics = Wii bowling (140-30mins) plus Low Impact Aerobics (242-30mins) simultaneous workout
    TO BE CONTINUED :bigsmile:
  • gabbygirl37_2001
    gabbygirl37_2001 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I want to join.....what do I do?
  • usmcwifeb15
    usmcwifeb15 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I want to join.....what do I do?

Hey gabbygirl here are the instructions for the challenge. You are on the Blue Team here is the link for the blue team chat....http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/305435-team-blue-lose-10lbs-in-august?

Of course you can join. Here's the rules, instructions, etc......
    This is an open group -- you can enter whenever you find us. We roll with 3 team captains.

Tiffypooh2u -- A-H -- Team Blue
    Jrdoty8986 -- I-P -- Team Red
    SommerJo -- Q-Z -- Team Purple

They way it works --- Based on your Username -- send a friend request to the Team Captain who's got your letter. Make sure you include your starting weight. The Team Captain will add you to the chart. On Fridays (8/5,8/12,8/19,8/26) send your current weight to your Captain by message. Our Final Weigh in will be 8/31 - I know it's a Wednesday -- but that'll give us a few extra days to work towards the goal.

Between the 3 of us -- we'll come up with a nifty weekly challenge too.
  • samvanz
    samvanz Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm not really sure what to do with my weigh-in figure. I can access the spreadsheet, but I can't edit it.

My new weight is 156.74 lbs. I've lost 1.55 lbs. I'm happy with this considering I'll have gained a little because of TOM which will go again next week. So onward and upward!
  • SweetcheeksRN
    SweetcheeksRN Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing SO good! Im a little disappointed that I didn't get to workout much yesterday. I guess I didnt manage my time well enough cause the car was in the shop getting fixed and I had to study for a test I had to take for my new job today. I hope I passed!!

Today I will make it up at the gym tho... and maybe ill do a second workout later tonight too. This is my first week of cutting my calories and burning this much in the gym so I couldn't help it and got on the scale this morning... I cant believe that im down 5.4lbs since starting! Its unbelievable...must be from all the sweating Ive been doing. Well its reassuring that this works and im gonna keep at it.
  • tiabirdie56
    Options
    Hey there Purple!

For Brand new Reigners, on Friday morning, after you have weighed yourself, message SommerJo with your new weight. It probably wouldn't hurt to post it on this thread and the August challenge thread also, just in case she misses it.

Tish

Congrats! to those that have lost more than 1 pound this week. I'm just hoping for ONE solid pound loss!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, I'm not really sure what to do with my weigh-in figure. I can access the spreadsheet, but I can't edit it.

My new weight is 156.74 lbs. I've lost 1.55 lbs. I'm happy with this considering I'll have gained a little because of TOM which will go again next week. So onward and upward!

I don't think you are supposed to be able to edit the spread sheet... I think SommerJo is the only one with access since she is team captain. I think it is posted as a reference and inspiration. Message her tomorrow with your new weight (and every friday for the rest of the month) and I am sure she will edit it along with everyone else's! You are doing awesome keep it up!:flowerforyou:
  • Fighting4Healthy
    Fighting4Healthy Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I burned 526 calories just by walking..... I have pushed myself to walk so much lately that my feet have blisters!