• more_skal
    more_skal Posts: 400 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Ha ha Nintendo Catz and Nintendo Dogz!
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    Any gals remember jelly shoes? Pink, purple, glittered.

I remember in middle school if your back pack wasn't Jan Sport you were a total nerd. And all the cool kids had Doc. Martin's or Birkenstock sandals. My mom bought me knock offs at Payless Shoes I think. LOL
  • 81Katz
    Options
    bj3ccrjnzm2i.jpg

I still knock this album :lol:

I'm pretty sure I still have the No Scrubs CD, or whatever CD that is with the song No Scrubs on it.
  • sarahkimberlin7
    sarahkimberlin7 Posts: 4 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    32 from Ohio! Not really into watching sports, would much rather be playing...but oh, my back. :wink:
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »

I remember in middle school if your back pack wasn't Jan Sport you were a total nerd. And all the cool kids had Doc. Martin's or Birkenstock sandals. My mom bought me knock offs at Payless Shoes I think. LOL

Doc martens sandals were the worst (but still the best) because they made your feet stink so bad. But they lasted for yeeaarrrssss, lol. (pretty sure mine were knock offs as well)
  • Nikitazilla
    Nikitazilla Posts: 69 Member
    Options

My mom never let us wear jellies, they were trashy she said. I wanted so bad to be trashy.

We had Eastlands instead of Birkenstocks. With a sweater with a white collared shirt underneath.

All the cool kids in elementary school had Starter jackets. They were so big that the kids could sit in them and their whole body would be covered. I didn't get my first until 7 th grade and then I was the only kid with one. And it didn't even cover my butt.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Born in the 30's or in my 30's. I think I am closer to the former.
  • 81Katz
    Options
    I had a Starter jacket for some hockey team I never heard of. And it was really ugly colored. I was like " Why Mom & Dad, why?!" So I pretended it was the coolest thing ever. I felt like a brat but I was so embarrassed to wear that giant overstuffed coat.
  • CindyLouWhoinWhoville
    CindyLouWhoinWhoville Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options

Yes, jelly shoes! I asked for Doc. Martin's and was told "absolutely not"! I had an LLBean back pack with my name on it...God, I was such a dork, oh wait, I still am
  • CryingBlue
    CryingBlue Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I never did have jelly shoes, Mom wouldn't let me. But I had a ton of Dr.Martins. My dad had some work deal so we got them cheap. I loved those things. I had a pair that laced up to my knees. Took like an hour to put on, no zipper on them. Sometimes I miss those boots. I would wear them with a plaid skirt. Felt pretty darn cute, lol.
    I also had a pair of JENCO jeans. Haha, loved those too.
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    Options

CryingBlue wrote: »
    I never did have jelly shoes, Mom wouldn't let me. But I had a ton of Dr.Martins. My dad had some work deal so we got them cheap. I loved those things. I had a pair that laced up to my knees. Took like an hour to put on, no zipper on them. Sometimes I miss those boots. I would wear them with a plaid skirt. Felt pretty darn cute, lol.

You are literally the epitome of my high school dreams! I so wanted to be friends with the girls like you but I was such a nerd!!!
  • CryingBlue
    Options

You are literally the epitome of my high school dreams! I so wanted to be friends with the girls like you but I was such a nerd!!!

Haha, you flatter me. I was such a wall flower. Honestly I was pretty shy and didn't have a lot of friends in school. Never was invited to any parties.
  • Versicolour
    Options

Haha, you flatter me. I was such a wall flower. Honestly I was pretty shy and didn't have a lot of friends in school. Never was invited to any parties.

I think that's high school! I was so oblivious in school (still am). I always thought people were waving to someone behind me. I think I came across as pretty uppity
  • badtraffic
    badtraffic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Anyone remember round the twist, was that broadcast anywhere outside Australia.

Such a wierd show from what I remember. Even weirder when you realise it was a kids show that involved magical fish that helped you swim and just wierd stuff

Yes! That made it to the UK
    'Have you ever, ever felt like this?'
  • badtraffic
    badtraffic Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I did like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and the one with the long lost twins, I can't remember what it's called. Must be my age...
  • Versicolour
    Options
    That reminds me of the series, Perfect Strangers

• SoulOfALion5
    SoulOfALion5 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    badtraffic wrote: »
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Anyone remember round the twist, was that broadcast anywhere outside Australia.

Such a wierd show from what I remember. Even weirder when you realise it was a kids show that involved magical fish that helped you swim and just wierd stuff

Yes! That made it to the UK
    'Have you ever, ever felt like this?'

I remember this, it was strange but great show lol.
  • Versicolour
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Oh boy my favorite song on the radio just came on. Better hit record.

mra8qnjviyqq.png

Haha!!! Yeah!! Oh my word! And making mix tapes for crushes!
  • CryingBlue
    Options
    badtraffic wrote: »
    I did like Sabrina the Teenage Witch and the one with the long lost twins, I can't remember what it's called. Must be my age...

Sister sister?