• MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Good busy day, no alcohol.

Great job!
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Yea! So glad to see you guys kept the thread alive :) TBH, I only went ONE day in all of November with no alcohol, and there were unfortunate circumstances around the end of the month that were tough, but overall, it really helped me make give more consideration to when & If & what I wanted to drink.

So Dec 1-4, 2 glasses of wine each night.
    Dec 6, 1 glass of wine
    Dec 5 & 7 - no alcohol!

See? You guys already helped me improve my record! :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Last night I had a 5oz glass of wine with my dinner. There was only about 3 oz left in the bottle, but I didn't really feel like finishing it, so i didn't. Yay me.

Tonight I am going to dinner and a concert with my husband. I will have a couple of drinks over the course of the evening, but I have no intentions of overdoing it. I have to volunteer at the food pantry in the morning and than a very busy day afterwards, so I can't afford to be dragging.

I also like the tea. My husband bought me a Teavana tea pot for Christmas last year and I ordered a bunch of fancy teas from Amazon. Having a pot of tea in the evening feels like a nice little indulgence. My favorite so far is ginger coconut.
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    Last night I had a 5oz glass of wine with my dinner. There was only about 3 oz left in the bottle, but I didn't really feel like finishing it, so i didn't. Yay me.

Tonight I am going to dinner and a concert with my husband. I will have a couple of drinks over the course of the evening, but I have no intentions of overdoing it. I have to volunteer at the food pantry in the morning and than a very busy day afterwards, so I can't afford to be dragging.

I also like the tea. My husband bought me a Teavana tea pot for Christmas last year and I ordered a bunch of fancy teas from Amazon. Having a pot of tea in the evening feels like a nice little indulgence. My favorite so far is ginger coconut.

Have a great time tonight with your husband! I never knew there was ginger coconut tea. That sounds good. What brand of tea is it?
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Last night we had friends over - hubby made his amazing bacon burgers and I had wine and a beer. Definitely not the healthy meal and no alcohol I was planning but getting back on track today :)
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »

Have a great time tonight with your husband! I never knew there was ginger coconut tea. That sounds good. What brand of tea is it?

It's Teavana.

http://www.teavana.com/us/en/tea/rooibos-tea/zingiber-ginger-coconut-rooibos-tea-31647.html

I usually get it from Amazon.

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,174 Member
    Options
    cmeride wrote: »
    Hello All: I've just found this thread. I've been in other ones Sober October, November and December but they've pretty much fizzled out.

100 Days for me today. Yay! I started Aug 31st. In September, when I started abstaining, I told people that I drank enough in July and August that I should be able to coast right through September.

I'm not sure whether I'll drink over the holidays. I don't really think I want to. I do find that completely abstaining has been easier than occasional /social drinking. Simply because there is no daily pressure or decision for me to make. The decision was already made, not to drink.

All the best!

That's fantastic! 100 days - amazing! I bet you feel much better! I should abstain as well, because with social drinking , I just don't have an off switch. I'd encourage you to continue your record to abstain. I am sure you won't regret it. Xoxo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Had a fail last night. One glass of wine and two cocktails. Not what I intended. But that's how it goes sometimes. Today, I'll do much better.
  • jyarring
    jyarring Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    So far doing pretty good and skipping nights; I find that I sleep much better when I don't consume.
    Dec 6 - One glass of red wine
    Dec 7 - no alcohol
    Hope everyone has a good weekend...with less alcohol!
  • djslais
    djslais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    whoa...Friday...my brewpub is calling me - I may go for a single beer. news at 11.
  • djslais
    djslais Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    A tip that helps me limit...use a shot glass or other measuring device, even for wine. Usually when I'm not paying attention, I free hand it and can pour WAY too much. This way, I can better track/control my intake, and account for the calories too. Have a swell weekend,
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I still have enough calories for a 6 pack of Henry's Hard Sparkling. Lol. Although tempting, when I get off work, I'm going straight to bed.
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Had sashimi and nigiri last night with a small flask of sake which I made last the entire 2 hour meal as had large glasses of water too. Hubby had another bottle in addition to his first and tried hard to persuade me to have another. I said “let me think about it”... hmmm 300 extra cals and more alcohol. I said no. I think this may be the answer for me to resist temptatation, by seeing alcohol as a glass of sugar visually undermining my efforts to lose weight. Early days but we shall see...
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    Had 2 glasses of white wine spritzer yesterday. I was a little weakened and was very tempted to go to the 3rd. I drank some Kumbucha and lemon ginger tea instead...and so happy I did! I lost one pound when I weighed in today. If I would have had that extra wine, I probably wouldn't have lost the pound. :)
  • MaryBethHempel
    Options
    cmeride wrote: »
    Hello All: I've just found this thread. I've been in other ones Sober October, November and December but they've pretty much fizzled out.

100 Days for me today. Yay! I started Aug 31st. In September, when I started abstaining, I told people that I drank enough in July and August that I should be able to coast right through September.

I'm not sure whether I'll drink over the holidays. I don't really think I want to. I do find that completely abstaining has been easier than occasional /social drinking. Simply because there is no daily pressure or decision for me to make. The decision was already made, not to drink.

All the best!

Wow, you really stuck to it. Proud of you! I found this morning that I was trying to decide how much I should drink being the weekend. I always drank more on the weekend, and this is my first weekend.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Woke up so peaceful Today - one week ago, I was so hungover all day long. So happy to not be hungover today. Heading downtown to a Christmas market and The West Side Market. We will miss the snow storm with only a little snowfall. Stay safe east coast friends !
  • Jockimom
    Jockimom Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I had 2 glasses of wine last night. Not too upset with myself except that I was sloppy and didn't measure, so it may have been more like 3 glasses when you look at the total ounces. I need smaller glasses and to keep my scale out!