Of refeeds and diet breaks

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    anubis609 wrote: »
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Happy for you and jealous, heh. I am sat here giving myself a pep talk. I only have two weeks until diet break (I will have two weeks tomorrow (Friday) as my last deficit day before Christmas but I am OVER IT. At the same time I have been so consistent for the first time since the new year that I am impressed with myself and want to fully see it through. Because I have to get to goal reasonably soon or I will drive myself even more bonkers than I already am.

You will get there :)

I feel bad for being such a Debby Downer when I know others are gritting their teeth and kicking the scales.

I need to work out what all this means in terms of cals and strength training etc. Obviously I want to see the whole of Strong Curves through (if I can make it past Day 1 of week 4 ffs) and build strength, but in terms of fat loss I'm at a yeah, nah stage. 'Cept my thighs. Are we sure I can't spot reduce? :D

I forgot to address this yesterday, but... depending on who you want to believe - I mean, it's Menno ... it's plausible lol (ʘ‿ʘ)

https://bayesianbodybuilding.com/science-spot-reduction-myth/

Well, it's been my anecdotal experience that lower body work in the form of running combined with resistance work and a deficit does thin down stubborn thighs.

Now if I could just make it target saddle bags, I'd be really, really happy.

Also, I don't know if that thinning down is more pronounced than it would be without those things. Maybe, maybe not. All I know is that when I was at my lowest weight, I was happy with the way things were going. Except for the damned saddle bags.

I should really just not worry until the water weight is gone and I can see what's actually happening there.

Now I am going to go to the lingerie shop and look at pretty things to make myself feel better.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Someone post some more cat/dog pics, stat!!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    Someone post some more cat/dog pics, stat!!

I shall unlurk (delurk?) to share this delightful picture of my 3.5 month old kitten.

Thank you Mega :)<3
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »
    So because I'm terrified of this thread getting derailed from the beautiful love-in of science and ummm eating it currently is I am slamming on the brakes and changing the subject.

I am a week away from my annual "eat at maintenance for the holidays" so my refeed experiment will be ending shortly. I seem to have lost a lb over the month or so I've been doing it, which is cool. I will for sure go back to this pattern of eating 100 cals short of my desired 250 cal deficit during the week and eating maintenance on the weekend once the end of January rolls around. I am also trying to lift heavy things consistently through this maintenance stretch because muscles are purty and I want to continue to lay the groundwork for REALLY building muscle at some point when I'm ready to commit to fueling that sort of thing :)

I am struggling to hold out until next week to raise my calories, because I am freezing all the time and would love to be fighting that with stew and mac & cheese and hot baked things. Probably not worth the struggle for one more week, but I like tradition and structure dammit.

Sorry to mention the cold Nony! I typically love winter and am miserable during the summer months, but I am feeling the cold more than usual and I'm blaming it on my evolutionary desire to stay warm with some extra fat LOL!

We're expecting 4-6 inches of snow here tomorrow. I am cold all the time too (it's one of the reasons my NEAT is so high, when I'm cold, I get up and walk on my treadmill or bust out a couple of sets of body weight exercises to warm up).

Anyway, my sister and I are supposed to meet up for lunch with our second (it could be third or half-second) cousins (they are the children of the daughter of my grandmother's half-sister) who we haven't seen since we were pre-teens. We used to get together as families quite often and had sleepovers a lot when we were kids. I was looking forward to having a restaurant meal for my refeed day.

The snow is supposed to be heavy. I hope we don't have to cancel. One of my cousins does have to travel quite a bit to get there.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    *please send snow to Nony*
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    *please send snow to Nony*

I would build and send you a snowman if I could. It's apparently already snowing at the coast. I follow a feed from the shore town where we vacation. They just posted a live shot on Facebook.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Barely creeping above zero (celsius) tomorrow and I have to try and get to Ikea before the make me want to hurt people Saturday family day out hordes. Getting into a cold car is one of the least fun things to do and I can't pre-warm it because I have to park round the corner. Brr.