• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Caturday has started early!!!!
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Someone post some more cat/dog pics, stat!!

I shall unlurk (delurk?) to share this delightful picture of my 3.5 month old kitten.

mlf01hg88891.jpg

Mine is 9 months and when I say he's a handful, I am downplaying it. I have dealt with many a kitten in my time, including his notorious predecessor Dave and nothing comes close to the chaos and carnage the ginger one wreaks.
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    Options
    Someone post some more cat/dog pics, stat!!

I shall unlurk (delurk?) to share this delightful picture of my 3.5 month old kitten.

mlf01hg88891.jpg

Mine is 9 months and when I say he's a handful, I am downplaying it. I have dealt with many a kitten in my time, including his notorious predecessor Dave and nothing comes close to the chaos and carnage the ginger one wreaks.

I've adopted four adult or adolescent cats in a row, and not too long after number three died had the opportunity to go kitten for the first time in my adult life. She is a delight, but it really is a lot more work than I remember. Almost as if my mom handled the brunt of it back when I was 11...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    My eldest two are litter mates, so had each other for amusement. Highly recommend. Toby was probably under a year old when he turned up, but of course would not come near me at all for a while, and then only ever got to letting me sit 0.5-1m away while he ate, very occasionally he would sniff my fingers if I held my hand out. I always said to him (and everybody) that I was sure he was a very sweet cat, and I was right. Loviest little lovebug :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I have no animal pictures to share - we're more dog than cat people, and don't have the right environment or time for the dog we'd love (Alaska malamute)....

I had terrible luck with kittens when I was younger - I had 3 at separate times, (willow, catkin and champagne)... They all ended up getting out and meeting their fate on the road. Champagne used to be our dogs best friend (a giant newfoundland called Nelson) - they would chase each other round the garden and sleep curled up together.

On topic.... Is it weird if I am getting antsy about still eating at maintenance? I just want to see how I react to deficit again! Haha. I shouldn't complain, I'm enjoying the extra carbs.

Nony, I'm with you on the heat - we've had a few days in the mid-30s. Urgh. Going outside is awful - I had been enjoying jogs/walks to the shops, but it's even too warm at 7/8am for that.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    The twins have FB pages, so Horatio can friend them when he gets his ;)
  • VintageFeline
    Options

I'm not sure I'm ready for the commitment, though it would probably be a blessing to some folks on my friends list who are sick of me talking about him!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I have no animal pictures to share - we're more dog than cat people, and don't have the right environment or time for the dog we'd love (Alaska malamute)....

I had terrible luck with kittens when I was younger - I had 3 at separate times, (willow, catkin and champagne)... They all ended up getting out and meeting their fate on the road. Champagne used to be our dogs best friend (a giant newfoundland called Nelson) - they would chase each other round the garden and sleep curled up together.

On topic.... Is it weird if I am getting antsy about still eating at maintenance? I just want to see how I react to deficit again! Haha. I shouldn't complain, I'm enjoying the extra carbs.

Nony, I'm with you on the heat - we've had a few days in the mid-30s. Urgh. Going outside is awful - I had been enjoying jogs/walks to the shops, but it's even too warm at 7/8am for that.

Yeah, I'm wondering how long I can go trying to eat to TDEE every day before defaulting to more cals on weekends, which used to work, cos drinking, but I don't really drink anymore, so...and now because I'm not hungover I hike and burn a billion calories, which is hard enough to eat some days as it is let alone trying to go over! I also don't know how that affects recomp/muscle building, if I'm essentially at a deficit five days and surplus two.

This heat in January/Feb we'd be going 'well this is quite pleasant!', but we've had no time to acclimatise. And dry. So, so dry. We damn well better get that rain tomorrow.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options

I'm not sure I'm ready for the commitment, though it would probably be a blessing to some folks on my friends list who are sick of me talking about him!

If it helps, mine never even check theirs anymore ;). Mario's was actually set up by my friend when I moved to Aus (briefly) b/c she missed him. Got a PM one day with log in details for my cat's account :D
  • VintageFeline
    Options

If it helps, mine never even check theirs anymore ;). Mario's was actually set up by my friend when I moved to Aus (briefly) b/c she missed him. Got a PM one day with log in details for my cat's account :D

It would be a page not a profile. If FB catches those profiles they get nuked (against T&Cs, people used to do it for businesses, a friend lost about 2000 contacts getting it nuked a couple years ago).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    With all of this maintenance talk, I'm thinking ahead to when I want to time my diet break. I'm not all too sure I want to time it precisely with Christmas itself. Or maybe I do. I was hoping to do Christmas as a one off day like I did with Thanksgiving and then go back to regular pattern, let the scale settle, and then do a diet break.

The thing is though, that it's been a while since diet break. I don't know. It's a bit hard for me to even pin down numbers at this point. I might just give it a whirl after all, but might not even come close to achieving a true diet break since my numbers seem to be off anyway.

Decisions, decisions.
  • VintageFeline
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I'm going with 22nd to new year's eve. Maintenance mostly with two or three "free" days. But I am hanging for it. Probably because I do it every year I get all restless waiting for it. Same when I go on holiday (I don't log at all on holiday).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    I'm going with 22nd to new year's eve. Maintenance mostly with two or three "free" days. But I am hanging for it. Probably because I do it every year I get all restless waiting for it. Same when I go on holiday (I don't log at all on holiday).

I need the free day on Christmas. My problem with my free day is that I can really throw down. But then again, I did that on Thanksgiving and it doesn't seem to have done me any harm.

It's just the brain hamsters with the subsequent scale fall out, you know? After what I've dealt with the past year, I'm still a bit touchy in that area.

I know my husband and kids will get me some treats in my stocking, and it would be nice to just ease up a bit and eat to maintenance. Especially since my NEAT will likely increase.

I think I'll have a better feel for it as the holiday gets closer.