55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the odd one here, but I'm not around a lot of sweets. I used to do a lot of baking during the winter in general but the small amount I do to take a dessert somewhere, I just don't have any of it
  • Trina2040
    Trina2040 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bump-ditty, bump!
  • FattieBabs
    FattieBabs Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Wow Gail that is a fantastic achievement..
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    19teri, Wouldn't worry abt trying to lose over the holidays; just try to maintain and enjoy some of the eats (w/o going overboard too much). Keep up w/the exercising and as much as possible, your normal routine. That way you will not quite as stressed and enjoy yourself more. It's all abt a lifestyle, not a "diet" with an end date. Make changes you can life with for the rest of your life; so if you want a hamburger & fries, just have it and get back to your regular eating. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy yourself!!
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @19teri53 Welcome! For me, tracking has been key! It definitely makes you aware of exactly how many calories are in the food you’re putting in your mouth and makes you think twice about whether or not it’s worth it! For me, I had to decide that when I’m out of calories, I’m done eating for the day and I didn’t trust myself enough at the beginning to input exercise because I didn’t want to eat the extra calories. Just remember, you will make mistakes and overeat, but tomorrow is a new day. Just forgive yourself and begin again. Every day is a new day! Be kind to yourself! You are worth this effort!
    @gailballs1031 You have got this! Great work so far!

Here in the US, it is the first day of winter and therefore the shortest day of the year. And in Kansas, oh baby it’s getting cold outside! Wishing you each a wonderful holiday season and a new year filled with many successes!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Have finally caught up reading this thread and wanted to thank everyone for their inspiration! I am 53 (54 in Jan) and enjoy reading about everyone's success and workarounds.
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    So adorable!!
  • luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Thanks Ann, your words mean a lot to me!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    You truly are an inspiration- I will be praying for your family during this most difficult time- and the grandson is precious
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Luluinca, your new grand baby is so precious! What a blessing!
  • luluinca
    Options
    @1Nana2many, thanks, our daughter waited a long time for this and we're all just thrilled. Nothing like new grandkids to keep us motivated!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    Adorable baby, bless you for taking care of your sister. Those little ones do keep us on our toes for sure. We live in Ca too. Where in Ca do you live?
  • luluinca
    Options
    @Evanutt, we live in So Cal in the Riverside County area. We're having a very warm fall and winter here so far. I have to visit my kids and grandkids in CO to get any kind of weather this year......LOL
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!