What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    pennoxford wrote: »
    dsboohead wrote: »
    pennoxford wrote: »
    How jealous people get who are overweight but don’t want to make changes. They shoot your happiness down.

Literally experienced this the other day. It's like you lost the weight and put it on them or something and should be blamed for their struggle.

Isn’t that strange?? People who are supportive generally and love me will look at me and not say a word. Some will say something mean about my clothes or shoes, and skip over the 80 pound loss. My favorite is the diet lecture from people who are fatter than I am—my diet is unsustainable or unhealthy, etc.. Why aren’t they just happy for me? I asked one family member how much weight she had lost, and when she told me I told her how good she looked, how great it was that she had gotten so far, etc. and she said NOTHING about me. I never would have expected that.

WTH?!?! You must look really good!!!! They just refuse to recognize it!
    What mean things could they say about shoes and your clothes?
    I had a very good friend and coworker and she had told me I am angry at you! I asked her Why?
    She proceeded to tell me that now that you are losing all this weight and are changing it makes me feel like I should too!
    Not many people can step back and verbalize those feelings.

I guess that’s it, because it doesn’t make sense in any other way. It’s just so strange to see people unhappy about my happiness—I don’t get it and yet I guess it’s a natural reaction.

No its not a natural reaction! It's a self absorbed reaction.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited December 2017
    aeloine wrote: »
    Whoops, wrong thread!

Umm.... no one tells you that your brain eventually DOES catch up with your body, and that's not always a good thing. I've been stalled at 40-44 lbs down for about two months (had fun over Halloween and Thanksgiving :wink: ) so I've had time to get adjusted to what I look like.

At first, I thought I was hot stuff!
    Now? I can't believe how fat I am. I can't believe I ever thought I looked good at this weight. And I REALLY can't believe I was ever okay being 40 lbs heavier!

It's utterly amazing how we can not only adapt to, but actually become "proud" of our yuck--WOW! That "wake-up call, those "scales falling off our eyes" is truly disheartening and at the exact same time powerful (FULL of power) to change. I LOVE (and wholehearted EMBRACE) change now, I LOVE (and wholehearted EMBRACE) "seeing AND living" in the truth now. Makes me so grateful and thankful to be ready, willing and able to go thru the FIRE of change and day by day get stronger and stronger for more positive change (in my thinking, seeing, believing and living)--BOOM!

• LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    I'm cranky and depressed when I don't work out.

YES, THAT!!!!!!
  • Lucy1752
    Lucy1752 Posts: 499 Member
    Non-Scale Non-Victory?
    I lost my ring. It was a ring I bought when I rode the Rocky Mountain National Park on my Harley and completed it. It was silver with a buffalo in turquoise. I was really upset.

I had moved it from my ring finger to my middle finger to my index finger in the process of my weight loss and obviously it was too big on my index finger because it was lost after a day out of town in a large populated environment. No chance I will get it back even thought the lost and found lady said she would call if someone turned it in, she prefaced it with "Most of the good stuff never gets brought in - sorry hun".
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Bump
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!