Biking Challenge - 1 mth, 150 miles

Options
1789101113»

Replies

• TDSeest
    TDSeest Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    tag. gonna be a new thread for next month, or will we just keep adding to this one?

I am kinda new to the road bike thing (had mine about 3 weeks tomorrow, i think).

did 30 yesterday, and 11 this evening.

Great riding. I'm fine with a new thread, or keeping this one riding. I'm just glad to see other people out there riding too. It helps keep me motivated.
  • TDSeest
    Options
    I'm hoping to get a bike this week so I'll be in for this challenge!!!

Hope it goes well for you; I hope you like the bike. It makes all the difference.
  • dmeyne
    dmeyne Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Came home from vacation in colorado 14 miles short of my 300 miles in july goal. Went out tonight and rode a 15 mile route so I met my goal!! Now I need to set an august goal. 300 might be lofty since I start back to work next week. Maybe I'll shoot for 200? Let's keep this challenge going!
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Came home from vacation in colorado 14 miles short of my 300 miles in july goal. Went out tonight and rode a 15 mile route so I met my goal!! Now I need to set an august goal. 300 might be lofty since I start back to work next week. Maybe I'll shoot for 200? Let's keep this challenge going!

Great riding; keep it up.
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    Just bought a bike today. :) First time that I have bought a new bike for myself, ever, and I'm 51 years old, lol! I've wanted one for nearly 2 years and the $35 garage sale find my DH was promoting was not doing it for me and therefore sat in the garage. So, I fnally got the nerve to go to a grand opening sale of a new bike store that was opening up in my area and came out with a new bike (at least by Wednesday after they set it up for me). I was so clueless I asked where the kickstand was. Big Eyeroll!!

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to getting outdoors and riding my new bike. One question for the biking group here: in a heavy urban area, do you use any type of 'rear view' mirrors and if so, where are they mounted? What's the number one safety issue I should keep in mind heading out there as a newbie? I live in the Vancouver area with 2.3 Million pop and I'm a bit fearful.

Thanks and hoping there is an August challenge to log some miles!
  • lisadhancock
    Options
    I didn't quite meet my goal but this thread did make me push harder than I would have without it!! Thanks and happy riding!
  • TDSeest
    Options
    I rode 18.5 miles this morning, for a total of 18.5 miles for August. Feel free to join me in the new month.
  • Somnifac
    Somnifac Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'm in, but I'll be going with a higher goal. August goal is 600 miles. Should be plenty doable, if the heat eases up. Did 471 in July, and it was a slack month. I should top 150 miles this week alone.
  • zornig
    zornig Posts: 336 Member
    Options
  • jewelstam
    jewelstam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Well brought the bikes on vacation to the mountains but my poor legs couldn't handle the ups! (I live in FLAT South Florida!!!)

So other than a frustrating attempt of a few miles, which I didn't clock, around my brother's hilly neighborhood, I didn't get any biking in for nearly two and a half weeks until the end of vacation when we did a family ride of 13 miles on the thankfully FLAT St. Marks trail in Tallahassee!!! And so I got nowhere near the 150 mile goal!

Hopefully I will do better in August, back at home!

exercise.png
  • TDSeest
    Options
    Rode 30 miles tonight, for a total of 121 for the month.