Large Boob Question

Options
12345679»

Replies

• lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    tomteboda wrote: »
    I can't believe how much smaller I am now. I started at a 38 I when I was 270 lbs. Now I'm 155 and wearing a 34 DD (panache/berlei). They no longer cause pain the way they did. I think I would be open to surgery now more than before, ironically, because weight loss was not kind to the girls. They look sadly deflated and could use a lift. So maybe I'd suggest losing weight, and then making your decision about what to do.

Okay this is a good point. Have many of you that mentioned smaller boobs after weightloss experienced the deflated boobie look?

Sadly, yeah.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    @lemurcat12, you should see some of the pretty bras they have down in Nony's neck of the woods. Drool worthy stuff. Now, mind you, in your cup size, there's a nice selection of pretties, so you can do well with what's on offer here. For me, the pickings are slim. Not so in Middle Earth! The pretties even come in my size!

And here in the UK, we have great bras in all sizes, including the very petite who also get shafted by bra manufacturers.

Oh, yes, definitely the UK. I've been buying UK bras for years and still wear UK styles because the rare US manufacturer that makes something in my size must not think anyone who wears it could possibly be interested in a bra looking pretty.

That used to be how plus size clothing was. Everything looked like it was made from your grandmother's old floral couch and tacky retro curtains.

It's like fat people don't need nice clothes let's draw more attention.

It was even worse when they would put those damn bedazzled *kitten* all over everything too like it's some cross between that and going to prom.

Oh gawd, YUS. The clothes were so, so awful when I was wearing plus sizes. There were two choices for me. The old lady bedazzled crap and things with appliqued kittens on them vs. stuff that took a wrong turn somewhere trying too hard to look "sexy" and "trendy" that was not made for someone my age to wear.

And for the love of all that was holy, did it never occur to anyone who made plus sized clothing that not every single shirt needed to be sleeveless? I had such a hard time finding shirts to cover up my bras. It was ridiculous.

And pants.. you were either busting out of one size or hiding something in the crotch in another. I found a lot of them avoided using zippers, they all had like 3-4 buttons, they put that scrunchy elastic stuff in the waist and then there was so much spandex in the material, especially in jeans that it was sucking against your legs and then it stretched out too much and became balloon pants.

When i got into my mid 20's things got better.. they finally sold nicer shirts and hoodies.. but the prices... a tshirt style shirt was $50+ and pants were over $70... its almost like an extra tax for being fat and wanting to dress nice like the rest of the world.
  • 3_little_birds91
    Options
    I can’t speak for weight loss but at my lightest I was a 34DD and never experienced back pain and at my heaviest now, 36G and get occasional back pain. I’m thinking it will go once I lose weight but it’s not chronic so I have the luxury of being able to wait
  • whosshe
    whosshe Posts: 597 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I can't believe how much smaller I am now. I started at a 38 I when I was 270 lbs. Now I'm 155 and wearing a 34 DD (panache/berlei). They no longer cause pain the way they did. I think I would be open to surgery now more than before, ironically, because weight loss was not kind to the girls. They look sadly deflated and could use a lift. So maybe I'd suggest losing weight, and then making your decision about what to do.

Okay this is a good point. Have many of you that mentioned smaller boobs after weightloss experienced the deflated boobie look?

I have the deflated boobie look :( not crazy bad but definitely noticeable to me. When I lay down they go off in random directions lol Boyfriend doesn't seem to mind tho so I'm fine with it.

Edit: Not like it would matter if he minded or not lol
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, so mine are definitely not perky like they were a few decades ago. And with the weight gain they got bigger, and I anticipate they will deflate considerably by the time I reach my goal (67 pounds to go). However, I'd much rather lose this 100 lbs. and have deflated boobs than be fat with big boobs.
  • wefts
    wefts Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Please loose much of what you plan to first and see how the girls feel closer to your goal weight , I was a 40 F/g at 226 LB and now after 38 lbs lost I fit into my DD / DDD bras fine and am having much less discomfort from straps and I am still 40 lbs form my goal weight
  • Javagal2778
    Javagal2778 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2.5". I started losing at 164lbs and I was a 34 G. I am now down to 128lbs and a 32 GG. I am currently waiting for a date for my reduction. I have almost constant neck, back and shoulder pain that haven't been alleviated with weight loss or strength training (I'm at the gym 6 days/week). I can't wait to be able to buy normal sized bras that don't run me $80-$100 a piece! I do love the UK bras, though, and will probably stay with them post reduction.
    Good luck with your weight loss and making your decision! It's definitely not a one size fits all fix.

Side note: The last time I replied about this, I also received some creepy guy friend requests and messages. Oy.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a guyso no direct experience. But if you are going to lose weight it seems you would get a better result waiting to see what your "starting point" might change to. But the pain and posture issues might be too much to wait. My wife backed away from such surgery because of some of your stated concerns about scarring, shape and recovery issues. If waiting a little bit to see how it goes doesn't cause problems what have you got to lose?
    Best of luck to you.
  • ronjsteele1
    ronjsteele1 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I had a very successful breast reduction at 21. I am one of those that doesn’t tend to gain or lose much chest wise with weight. I was a healthy weight when I had mine done. I came out weighing 10 pounds less and quite happy with the outcome. That said, if you want to breastfeed then do not get this done until after having children. I was told i would likely have to supplement with nursing but I learned later how wrong that was. At your size they will have to remove your nipple to do the surgery and doing so will render you unable to nurse. I had tons of milk, but nerves get cut when they remove the nipples and let down cannot happen without those nerves in tact. This one issue was the single cause of severe postpartum depression for me. So long as you have your eyes open and know you won’t be able to nurse then it’s fine. But do not believe that you will be able to nurse bc you likely won’t. That said, I’m still glad I had it done. I just wish I’d waited until after kids.
  • Jackibrazil
    Jackibrazil Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I had a very successful breast reduction at 21. I am one of those that doesn’t tend to gain or lose much chest wise with weight. I was a healthy weight when I had mine done. I came out weighing 10 pounds less and quite happy with the outcome. That said, if you want to breastfeed then do not get this done until after having children. I was told i would likely have to supplement with nursing but I learned later how wrong that was. At your size they will have to remove your nipple to do the surgery and doing so will render you unable to nurse. I had tons of milk, but nerves get cut when they remove the nipples and let down cannot happen without those nerves in tact. This one issue was the single cause of severe postpartum depression for me. So long as you have your eyes open and know you won’t be able to nurse then it’s fine. But do not believe that you will be able to nurse bc you likely won’t. That said, I’m still glad I had it done. I just wish I’d waited until after kids.

My doctor will not have to do a free nipple graft on me. Mine will stay in tact if I get it done.

• Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    mmapags wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    misnomer1 wrote: »
    OP, has a mammogram been done to determine how much fat is there? if not, one should wonder why the doc hasnt gotten it done.

That's not the point of a mammograph

http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors/dense_breasts

That's NOT what you said....you said she should have one to figure out how fatty they are and that's NOT what a mammograph is for. ....a mammograph is a cancer detecting X RAY...so now you're suggesting op puts herself through a painful and invasive set of tests so she can see if she's fat??

omg i cant handle this, im out.
    good luck OP.

Took him long enough. What is up with guys showing up here trying to mansplain about breast reduction to a bunch of ladies?? So sorry you all had to endure this foolishness.

You, sir, are one of the good ones. <3

Lol, well trained by a wife, 3 daughters and 2 step daughters!

I was bout to say to the other guy, "Clearly, you are not married."
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options

On the upside, they still look great in a supportive bra! And at my age I'm of the opinion that a man lucky enough to see them without one is probably simply thankful. But I do have my vanity...
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

On the upside, they still look great in a supportive bra! And at my age I'm of the opinion that a man lucky enough to see them without one is probably simply thankful. But I do have my vanity...

Contour bras FTW!!

My shape is still reasonably good, but then I didn't have a vast amount of weight to lose. I think their droop is more age-related.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options

Mine were very deflated and very large - not a really good combination. When I did the reduction they also put them back where they belonged. It has made a world of difference for me - not only pain-wise but vanity too.
  • Autk79
    Autk79 Posts: 283 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I use to be 36G. I got my reduction in 2006 and went down to a 36D. It was the best decision I ever made. But I got pregnant 8 months later and grew back two sizes. After pregnancy I lost all my pg weight plus 35 pounds. I never lost any cup size, just went from a 36 to a 34. I strongly suggest the surgery.

Plus the back pain is still gone 12 years later.
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Will read later, thanks
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    So how did it go? Hope you are doing well.