Comments on pre-weight loss body

Options
So what had happened was I showed this guy I was seeing a progress pic. He’s known me for the entire time I’ve been losing weight and he knew how hard I’ve been working. So he said the obligatory “good job”

....but then, a day later he asked what I had done for weight loss. I told him briefly my routine in the gym. And he said “I don’t ever want to see you look like that again” in reference to my “before”. And then he said that I shouldn’t be offended unless I intended to go back.

I didn’t really say anything. And I dropped the subject entirely, but I’ve been obsessing over that before pic for 2 days because it kills me that I remember being like a little happy when I took it? I had been working out and probably dropped a pound or two. Wasn’t super happy but I was happy enough. I was about to go to the beach with my friends and felt okay about it. I’m still torn on what I should say to him, whether it’s worth saying anything at all, or just dropping it. I know he meant well. I don’t totally disagree, I don’t want my body to go back either, but it feels so harsh I guess? If you’re someone who didn’t hate your body before, how do you deal with sudden criticism of it now that you’re changing it?

Replies

• WhereIsPJSoles
    WhereIsPJSoles Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Haven’t talked to him since, but I don’t know how sensitive I’m being. I just don’t get it because I was the living, breathing “before” when I met him.

I don't think you're being over-sensitive. That kind of behaviour is telling, and should be off putting to any woman imho. But again, you were there, we weren't.

Have you been dating right from when you met him, or did that come later?

Yeah pretty much, no “just friends” time or anything. But it’s super casual dating, not like a relationship. So definitely easier to back away from.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I'd trust your instincts, it doesn't sound like a well meaning comment if that's exactly the way it was said. Sounds like he's a bit of an *kitten*, especially from someone you're just casually dating and not in a relationship with.