Row the World Game - CLOSED boat (Capt jagrib0112)

Options

Replies

• KnottyJen
    KnottyJen Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    You girls did a great job today! Got some nice burns in!! Woo!!!

We burned 9138 calories yesterday ~ 548.28 miles after tripling. Love ya Girlies!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Ooooh! I lied. I hadn't gotten numbers from Kinda or TJ yet. Final number for yesterday is 10580 calories. Miles rowed - 634.8. Excellent!!! Keep it up Chickies!!!
  • weeziews
    weeziews Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! Keep it up.
  • Steel6981
    Steel6981 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    491 for today. How many miles do we have left to cover? I'm feeling like my kid - "are we there yet?"

Sue
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    651 for me today
  • cobylea
    cobylea Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    651 for me today
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    236 just in case my message didn't go through!
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Hello My pretty Peanuts!
    We had a pretty good day yesterday. Burned 8702 calories ~ 174.04 miles.

We're approaching the south of Australia right now and we have about 19766.54 miles left to go (as of last night). We're only about a third of the way around! I was sure that we had gone further than that!!! We're holding strong in 10th place.

Please remember - today is triples. Tomorrow is REST/WATER day!!! Drink up tomorrow, Girls. 9 glasses each, please!
  • Steel6981
    Options
    478 today.

Sue
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Hey Knotty Girls!!!! Sorry I've been a little absent! Yesterday was NUTSO!!!!

Yesterday was Water Day and I heard from all but two of you, so we got 1170 miles. NICE JOB!

Lee posted the new games for this week. Please have a look at this thread:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/310758-row-the-world-games

Short version - Lee is trying to speed up the game. So EVERY day will be a double day, PLUS we get to choose two days to be DOUBLE DOUBLE (4x) miles. We will also need to choose on a Rest/water day for the team.

My whole week is pretty free & clear. I have Zumba & pool scheduled for Tuesday night, so for me, that would be a great day to do a Quadruple day. I'm open to suggestions for both rest and Quad days. Let's please have a vote (I'd like to hear from as many of you as possible.......) to decide.

Thanks Loves!!!!

Edited to Add:
    I know that this challenge has been going on for a while and some people are losing steam. I totally understand and if you feel the need to "jump ship," no one will be mad at you. I want to keep you all, but I totally get that you may be getting burned out. If you are, please let me know. I just want to make sure that everyone is enjoying themselves and that no one feels like they *have* to do this.
  • Steel6981
    Options
    Jen,

Any days are fine with me. For myself i've just needed to add some structure for me to be successful. I have backed down on trying to do really high days as it usually meant I couldn't do as much as i wanted other days. So i am trying to have more consistent 400 - 500 days. That just slows the boat down though. I want to continue as long as more mid range days, even on double and triple days doesn't hold you guys back.

Sue
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Thanks for getting back so quickly Sue!

Here's how I look at it....

If you are consistent with say 450 every day - that's 6 days (accounting for a rest day) = 2700 calories burned. Plus, let's say we have two triple days, so that's an additional 1800 cals (450*4), for a total of 4500 calories for the week.

So, now, let's say you push extra hard on those triple days, but need at least one day to recover from it. So, you end up doing 2 days of 450, 2 days of 0 and 2 days of...let's say 600 (*3 for triples = 1800). So for the week, you end up burning the same 4500 calories.

Personally, as your slave driving captain :laugh:, I like to see something every day. I'd much rather see you do 400 or 450 a day and be consistent and not hurt yourself, rather than see you with a big burn one day and then need a day (or two!) to recover from it.
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Tuesdays are not great for me, I want to set those aside for the only time with my honey. Great days for me are usually Fridays.
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I up for anything other than Saturday and Sunday. I've started school again so Sunday's usually mean me sitting on my tush all day doing homework and quizzes. Saturday I will be traveling to my mother in laws to help pack up a house, but I guess that will count towards some workout as moving boxes isn't light work. So I guess Saturday would be fine with me but maybe not the Quad day. Tuesday should work just fine for me as Quad day, I've got nothing doing on besides kicking some calorie booty! ;)

So maybe Sunday we could do the rest/water day after working out hard all week. Most people like to rest on Sunday's but not all so it's just a suggestion. :)
  • weeziews
    Options
    Anyday is good for me, if I had to pick then I would shoot for the weekdays. I try to get the majority of my workouts in during the week, because I never know what will be going on during the weekends.

Good job keeping Sue on the boat. I agree with everything you said, and love the way you put it. We just need to do what we can do each day. We should try to push ourselves harder each week. The point of this challenge is to workout, not injure ourselves. But being consistent and learning what we can do (by pushing ourselves a little harder) is key to weightloss and being healthy!!

GO KNOTTY GIRLS!!!

Kathi
  • Galathea
    Galathea Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    any day fine with me. from Mo til Thur I teach my classes, fri and sat are Insanity days. so I am happy with anything.
    waterday I don't care as well, since I usually always drink 12-15 glasses. LOL
  • Steel6981
    Options
    Thanks Jen. Since I don't need to walk the plank for being a little slower, put me down for 442 today.

Sue
  • KnottyJen
    Options
    Thanks Jen. Since I don't need to walk the plank for being a little slower, put me down for 442 today.

Sue

Hahaha! No plank walking necessary! :-)
  • dontstopnow
    Options
    this next week i can plan my work outs around whatever the majority decides. it's my last week of freedom! lol. on the 17th i move in my apartment at school. there's a kick butt way high tech gym there, though. so, the move won't be stopping me any.. once i get all moved and settled, at least. (: but let me stop getting ahead of myself here. next week, whatever works for yall, works for me. gooo knotty girls!!

ps- speeding up the game? :'( i won't know what to do with myself when it ends! lol. i <3 my knotty girls something fierce! :P
  • weeziews
    Options

Sue

GREAT JOB SUE!!