Why does this food even exist?

Options

Replies

• RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Processed cheese food and mass produced smoked meats in holiday gift packs. I used to get excited whenever someone would give us a gift box with all those processed meats and cheeses because they were packaged so pretty. But then the reality of eating them was always a disappointment. They now call the processed cheese a "cheese blend". Just give me REAL cheese!

Store bought fruit cake. Blech! Now my mother used to make her own and it was pretty dang delicious.

Liverwurst. Just no.

I agree with bacon in sweet things like topping a maple bar. Just not my thing.

Awwww - this Little Debbie reference actually DID make me a little sad. :'(
    Anything made by Little Debbie. With so much amazing pastry in the world, how does this crap even stay on the market?

I buy these once a year, thinking it will taste like childhood and instead it tastes like sadness.

• MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Lounmoun wrote: »
    Salty licorice was pretty bad. Plain licorice is bad enough to me.
    Musk sticks are strange. It is hard to imagine someone enjoying eating something that seems like an air freshener or old lady perfume.
    Kool aid pickles seem so very wrong.
    I'm not sure why people want to stick bacon into desserts now. Not appealing to me.

Bacon coffee anyone?
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Jerusalem almonds. Bleh!
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    The holidays are here and I'm getting my fair share of impersonal corporate gifts. I can't tell you how many liquor filled chocolates I've received. I can't imagine who actually likes these things and for the life of me have no idea how they've become such a standard holiday item.

I know we all have foods that we just don't like, but at least in most of those cases it's not too much of a stretch to see how/why others could like them.

That said, some foods are so bad that it's impossible to think of anything appealing about them. What are they for you? What food items baffle you by their mere existence?

Liquor filled chocolates and Danish salty licorice are mine...I can't figure out why anybody finds them appealing!

wanna share those filled chocolates?
  • dinadyna21
    dinadyna21 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Ambrosia salad.
    What kind of drugs were the people on who invented that?

Had no idea what this was til I just googled it, literally looking at the recipe is making me nauseated.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Fruit cake. I doesn't make sense... fruit? Good. Cake? Great. Fruit cake? Nasty crap.

You're only saying that because you never tasted my mother's Christmas cake! :smile:

OP Danish salty licorice & Dutch double salt licorice are acquired tastes!

I could never figure out lutefisk.
  • MissDeeDee78
    MissDeeDee78 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered cherries - Disgusting!!!!
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Momepro wrote: »
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Fruit cake. I doesn't make sense... fruit? Good. Cake? Great. Fruit cake? Nasty crap.

I LOVE fruitcake! Especially the cheaper, extra chewy, no actual alcholol kind. The texture, the spices even the chewy weird almost fruit stuff is awesome!

Entenmanns fruitcake is life.
  • newheavensearth
    newheavensearth Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    Tripe, head cheese, pimento loaf, liverwurst, Vienna sausage, and....

Spammity Spam, Spammity Spam! :s:s
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered cherries - Disgusting!!!!

You can ban yourself, too. Or, just send them my way.