Why does this food even exist?

Replies

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    I love cherries soaked in whiskey and covered in chocolate...though, homemade liquor treats are way better than store bought, some of the store ones aren't half bad.

I'm more baffled by chicken feet and pigs feet...why would anyone want to eat feet, and what the heck is there even to eat on a chickens foot???

Have had both those feet and they're not bad. But there's definitely better parts of the animal to war instead.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Momepro wrote: »
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

Lol, that is my favorite kind of cake, especially with lots of cream cheese frosting!

+1
  • pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Candy corn. Wtf.

Exactly how can they even call it corn. Why does the corn industry not sue for defamation of character.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,971 Member
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Candy corn. Wtf.

Exactly how can they even call it corn. Why does the corn industry not sue for defamation of character.

Do you realize that candy corn is one of a whole class of candy called "mellocreme"? It also includes the peculiar squatty-shaped orange pumpkins with fat green stems, Valentine hearts, and some odd Christmas shapes. I think they contain carnauba wax (seriously).

I only know this because one of my rowing coaches was obsessed with mellocreme candy, malted milk balls, and slightly stale marshmallow Peeps.

• aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Canned meat
    Licorice (including Twizzlers and red vine)
    Original tootsie rolls (the flavored are yum!)
    Banana FLAVORED anything. It TASTES grainy.
    Cherry flavored things. Taste like cough syrup.
    Canned cheese.

Love carrot cake, hate spam, always had pan fried bologna with ramen noodles when I was a kid.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    turducken
    ham spread
    bologna
    rocky mountain oysters (google it if you must)

What's wrong with turducken? Slight poultry overload perhaps...
  • twinkles4
    twinkles4 Posts: 124 Member
    If it hasn't been said already. Peeps, there are so many varieties? I find it so confounding that these little bits of Styrofoam are so popular.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    Why is carrot cake a thing? Why in the world did someone look at cake and say to themselves, "This needs a vegetable"?

I dont know but it is delicious
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Tripe, head cheese, pimento loaf, liverwurst, Vienna sausage, and....

Spammity Spam, Spammity Spam! :s:s

I was actually thinking to go this weekend and by hog headcheese and liver cheese. I love them both with crackers and vienna sausage. not a fan of spam though.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Candy corn. Wtf.

I was just coming in here to post that.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    edited December 2017
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    pogiguy05 wrote: »
    Candy corn. Wtf.

Do you realize that candy corn is one of a whole class of candy called "mellocreme"? It also includes the peculiar squatty-shaped orange pumpkins with fat green stems, Valentine hearts, and some odd Christmas shapes. I think they contain carnauba wax (seriously).

I only know this because one of my rowing coaches was obsessed with mellocreme candy, malted milk balls, and slightly stale marshmallow Peeps.

One of those things your rowing coach was obsessed with is not like the others.

In that it is a perfectly palatable candy (which I can no longer eat). The other two? Blech.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    turducken
    ham spread
    bologna
    rocky mountain oysters (google it if you must)

What's wrong with turducken? Slight poultry overload perhaps...

Needs bacon.

https://www.echelonfoods.com/products/bacon-wrapped-turducken-premium-roast

And up here we call them prairie oysters. A by-product of the steering process. Nope. Not gonna try them.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Candy corn. Wtf.

I like candy corn.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Candy corn. Wtf.

I like candy corn.

Eat it all and keep it far away from the rest of us.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Candy corn. Wtf.

I like candy corn.

Eat it all and keep it far away from the rest of us.

They would take away from my wine calories is all.

Wine > candy corn

Fair point well made.
  • TheHawk007
    TheHawk007 Posts: 270 Member
    Fruitcake? Well, if you are what you eat....

Salted licorice? Never heard of that. You take a nice cherry Red Vine, and somebody went "This needs sodium" WTF is that?

Like all things, Spam (in moderation) is okay. Cubed and mixed with scrambled eggs is better than ham, IMHO.

3 Musketeers? Only candy that gives me instant diarrhea.........just horrible
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    TheHawk007 wrote: »
    Fruitcake? Well, if you are what you eat....

Salted licorice? Never heard of that. You take a nice cherry Red Vine, and somebody went "This needs sodium" WTF is that?

Like all things, Spam (in moderation) is okay. Cubed and mixed with scrambled eggs is better than ham, IMHO.

3 Musketeers? Only candy that gives me instant diarrhea.........just horrible

Salted licorice is licorice flavoured, not red vine flavoured (calling that stuff licorice is wrong imo)...