***TEAM PERSEVERANCE - AUGUST CHALLENGE*** (Closed group)

Options

Replies

• PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    TY for all of those updates!!! Logging it all in right now. Still have yet to hear from 4-5 people who have been doing the challenge, hmmmm. If you haven't added godswonderwoman as a teammate on your friends list get it done please.

********ANNOUNCEMENT******** Gary has decided to award every team member across the board a point each day this week for the water and calories. No more after that. I feel like it's not fair to those of us who have been busting our #$@ off getting it done, but he is being extremely generous. Therefore, I would hope and I expect that this week was a trial run for you to learn how to drink 64 oz of water a day through the entire month of August. Also I have NEVER not one day since joining this site went over my calories and I definitely would not do it during a challenge. I understand not everyone is as committed and determined as me. That is fine. I understand that. Just saying I am in it to not just win it but I want off these #%&*! blood pressure pills. I want my health.

Sorry if I sound b#tchy this am. I love you all but I just don't find it hard to post on here whether 3 things have been completed. If you didn't do them you still need to haul your can in here and let me know.

I am one of the most patient, supportive, caring and encouraging people you will ever meet in your life, but I'm not here to sugar coat things for you either. Something led you to sign up for an account on MFP. You know in your heart and your mind that you are not 100% as healthy as you could or need to be. Then get up and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT!!!! No one is going to do it for you!!!!

Ok, I'm done yellin.

Love you Team Perseverance. Heaven loves you too. You were made to be more. You have value and you are worth the fight!!!

DROP AND GIVE ME 25 PUSH UPS TODAY, DRINK ALL OF YOUR WATER, STAY UNDER YOUR CALORIES (DO YOU REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT OR NOT) AND THEN HAUL YOUR CAN IN THIS FORUM AND LET ME KNOW EITHER YES LORI I COMPLETED THE CHALLENGE OR NO LORI I FAILED TO DO IT.

HAVE A PRODUCTIVE AND POSITIVE DAY AND KNOW THAT YOU CAN COME TO ME WITH ANY ISSUE. I'M ONE OF THE MOST UNDERSTANDING PEOPLE YOU WILL EVER FIND.

LORI
    I SO want to be healthy - I SO want to be fitter - I SO want to look thin & gorgeous!! Thank you for your support :)
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx Jules, now that you guys have seen Hard A** Lori, I am planning something FUN for all of us to do too!!! I will be posting it later today most likely early evening.
  • emilyahsmommy
    Options
    Sorry I didn't check in last night I was super tired to get on the computer.

Calories: under
    40 up and downs: done
    64oz of water: done
  • Thank you LORI! You are an amazing drill sergeant and a true momma to your team. :)

There are people who are in our lives that will sometimes care about us more than we even care about ourselves. And Lori is that kind of person to most people she meets!

One thing that helps me is to set alarms on my phone. Set an alarm that goes off reminding you to post if you haven't already or to make sure you've done the daily exercise.

I am so excited for this opportunity! I can hear Lori begging "Don't miss it!!!"

Love you all and praying for our great success!!
    Heather
  • rj_knitnchick
    Options
    Hey team captain. YOU ROCK!!! Thanks for not sugar coating anything. There is a reason why we are on this site. We all want to improve ourselves. I am not a water drinker. But I have been making my quota for this challenge. It is a good habit to keep up. Our bodies need that water. We need to drink it for ourselves!! (and because we want to win this challenge!!)

under calories: done

64 + oz water: done

25 push ups: done (disappointed I couldn't do them all a once, had to split them up).

Day 5: done!!!

time to get some rest!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Great job everyone!!! TY sooooo much for posting!!! It means a lot!!! Ty Heather and Robbie for the very kind words.

I am deeply appreciative to a MFP member on here who has helped retool our spreadsheets. They are incredible now and add everything up for me now so I don't have to do any of it!!! Woo Hoo!!! She even took the time to take all of our names and info off of the old ones and put them in the new one. An angel. It just makes tracking all of this soooooooooooooo much easier. Her name is Krystal and her nick on here is jitteryspork.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Also FYI: I will be updating our team badge that many of you are using in your signature. I need to add the new and take off the no shows.
  • PandaFit450
    PandaFit450 Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    Day 5 -

25 Push ups - done
    Under calories - done
    64oz water - done ( and some!!)

J
  • ncgatorfan
    ncgatorfan Posts: 517
    Options
    Since I'm writing this before I go to the party, I will have to watch the calories. I will stay in control, therefore I WILL stay under.
    Drank 120 oz water
    Did my 25 pushups.

Later! GO TEAM P!!!
  • Trans4mations
    Trans4mations Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hey Team!!

Just stopping in real quick.. I'm still at work... busy, busy day and my body is soooo sore from yesterday. But, I take my own advice and NO EXCUSES!! I will be heading to the gym when I leave to get my workout in AND the push ups. I am good with my calories and water, as usual. Will report back later tonight. Hugs to all.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Have fun Cecy!!!!!
  • sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Got everything done today!!!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Thx for the report Reesa!!!!

*****NOTICE***** PLEASE WELCOME 2 NEW TEAM MEMBERS: Elana1987 and fitnhealthyccthatsme !!!!!!!!!

Also, team I had to pick my jaw up off the floor today when I got the challenges for Week 2. Unreal. All I am saying for now. Consider Week 1 a walk in the park.
  • elana1987
    elana1987 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!! I am SO excited to join in... looking forward to all of us supporting each other - I am here for each and every one of you!! :)
  • 1beachteacher
    1beachteacher Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Water = done
    Pushups = done
    Calories = under!

K :)
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Thx for the report Reesa!!!!

*****NOTICE***** PLEASE WELCOME 2 NEW TEAM MEMBERS: Elana1987 and fitnhealthyccthatsme !!!!!!!!!

Also, team I had to pick my jaw up off the floor today when I got the challenges for Week 2. Unreal. All I am saying for now. Consider Week 1 a walk in the park.

I saw someone post week 2's challenges...I think I might die.
  • fitnhealthyccthatsme
    fitnhealthyccthatsme Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, I'm so glad to be back & I'm thrilled for this opportunity.

Pushups - 25
    Water - 68 oz & still going

I haven't finished logging food & exercise since I just got back from the gym.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    AUGUST WEEK 2 the Beast Within!
    This is the week two team challenge. This should be done in addition to your normal workout routine.
    This is a challenge and is not a replacement! If you need a beginner workout please contact your team
    captain for ideas.
    Week Two Daily Exercise Challenge
    Daily Exercise = 1 point per member per day. If everyone does it you will be awarded a 5 point bonus for
    the team!
    WELCOME BACK FROM YOUR DAY OF REST WE’RE STARTING WEEK #2 YOU ARE NO LONGER
    ROCKSTARS YOU’VE MOVED ON TO BEAST MODE!
    Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 50 Squat Kicks*
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSu-wci9uTo )
    Day 2 Exercise Challenge – 50 Swimmer’s Presses + 1 Extra Mile jog, walk,run
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYwzaUXK6gs) * You may use cans of soup or bottles of water if u
    don’t have weights
    Day 3 Exercise Challenge – 50 Situps or Ab Crunches* + 50 Mountain Climbers
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI8u58hPam4 )
    Day 4 Exercise Challenge – 3 sets of 21’s + 100 Jumping Jacks (Bicep Curls may be done with cans of soup
    or bottles of water if you don’t have any weights)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xLcsg-5Dw8 ) 21’s The video is a little long sorry.
    Day 5 Exercise Challenge – 50 Globe jumps + 100 Jumping Jacks + 100 Stair Climbs (jog or run)
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKKKNR5USXc )
    Day 6 Exercise Challenge – 40 Shoulder Presses + 1 extra mile + 50 crunches
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpWrzp9Mnyg) Shoulder Press
    Day 7 Rest! You deserve it!
    Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Each team must coordinate a 100 mile walk, run, jog outside of their normal running jogging. You will to
    volunteer how much you can walk. If the team does accomplish the 100 mile challenge they will be
    rewarded with 5 bonus point. In addition to the 100 mile walk each team member must submit their
    favorite recipe to the group forum, along with the nutritional value. If someone submits your favorite
    you must find another recipe to submit.
    *Feel free to do these exercises in sets if you are unable to do them all at one time. Please do your best
    as you are much stronger than you believe.
    Please note each week the exercises will increase in difficulty. This will push each team member.
    Modifications will be provided for those who unable to complete the exercise as intended.
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    Yes Team that is Gary's Week 2 The Beast Within Challenge.

Enjoy reading it, lol.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    25 push-ups: yes
    11 glasses of water: yes
    Under calories for the day: yes