Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:
    26 degrees this morning...

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.38min, 141mhr, 11.8amph. 1.5mi= 87c
    apple watch- 75c
    TREADMILL walk- 30.11min, 212elevation, 114mhr, 3.6-3.8sp, 156mhr, 1.83mi= 142c
    apple watch- 164c
    TREADMILL sprints- 6.18min, 153hr, up to 12sp sprint, 156mhr, .5mi= 60c
    apple watch- 58c
    floor exerc- 8min, 1set of 10ea, hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest es, 121mhr- 42c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.40min, 15amph, 126mhr, 1.4mi= 55c
    apple watch- 41c
    RIDE BIKE PUY 2 SUMN STA- 17.31min, 141mhr, 10.4amph, 3mi= 161c
    apple watch- 115c
    walk sta 2 wk-9.43min, 116mhr, 3.1ap, .5mi= 53c
    apple watch- 50c
    jog/wk 2 sta-5.49min, 12.45nin mi 136mhr, .5= 59c
    apple watch- 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 20.40min, 7.6amph, 141mhr, 2.6c= 183c
    apple watch- 146c

total cal 843
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,552 Member
    Options
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Beth, gorgeous gorgeous pictures of your decorating. Thank you so much for sharing. <3

Janetr OKC
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,885 Member
    Options
    langman22 wrote: »
    Machka9 wrote: »
    langman22 wrote: »
    Terry in VT snug in bed and reaching for my book. Favorite part of the day.

I do that on Friday and Saturday nights for about 20 or 30 minutes ... until I'm too tired to understand what I'm reading. :)

M in Oz

I read every night no matter how tired I am even if it’s only for 15min. Usually read 3-4hrs. My books are my friends. It’s nice to go somewhere else once a day.

I'd like to ... but unfortunately by the time I go to bed, it's either a) get the whole 6 hours of sleep, or b) read and only get 5 and a bit hours of sleep.

I'm also the type who falls asleep while getting into bed half the time, so even if I do think "maybe I'll read a bit" my next thought is often, "Oh look, it's 2:57 am and I need to get up and use the toilet".

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    Options
    No more work for the next month ... except for 4 days in early January. A different sort of busy starts now!
  • dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Janetr - Being old and naive right along with you. I thought Woo! was a good thing.

Heather - Such a diffficult time. I hope they can give here a good Christmas at home.

Meg - I love float therapy. I said I wouldn't go nude, turn off the lights or close the lid on the pod. Guess who does all of the above. Try having a little Kava beforehand.

Yesterday I came home early because of pain again. I don't like doing that.

Today, we took recycling, visited Costco and went out for Birthday supper for Kim.

I have not accomplished what I wanted over the last few days,

Really disappointed that the kit from ancestry.ca has not arrived.

We have lots and lots and lots of snow.

-Sharon in Lethbridge (hoping it doesn't snow.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Holy shamoley, Wendy, that's a lot of drama for one hike... well done for making it!

Heather - I hope your friend passes on her terms, she sounds like an amazing human being.

I'm done with my last day of work now until the New Year. Corey and I are headed up to the mountains for at least one night, maybe two... just to wander, look for places we might like to settle. Getting up there in the wintertime is important, as we want to see it when the trees are bare of leaves as well. Fell in love with it in the fall, of course, it was gorgeous. You have to see a place at its worst too.

Hooked up my webcam finally... Need to get (or create) a room divider, as we live in such a small space that the camera only sees chaos behind me. Thinking of starting a podcast/vlog. Why not? Being on camera scares me, so like most things in this life that scare me (except spiders and snakes), I'm running toward it. Don't know if I'll actually have enough guts to put videos up where people can see 'em, but we'll find out now, won't we. It's a good project for ten days off... and it's paid days, which is a very good thing.

Got a few things I need to get done online, and then start packing for a few badly needed days of being just us again. It's when we do our best dreaming together... :smile:

Love y'all!
    Lisa in NC
  • Machka9
    Options
    Hi, I did it! Plenty of drama included. Our leader started feeling dizzy (he has recently been diagnosed with Parkinsons) and he decided to turn around and go back. Me and another hiker went with him to make sure he made it and then we turned around and walked back up the big hill, so really I've done part of the Tongariro twice. LOL. Then a woman in the group walking in front of us slipped on loose shale and broke her ankle. They had to call in the rescue helicopter to come and get her. Two of our group fell in the same dangerous spot but luckily did not break anything. I slipped a couple of times but did not go all the way down. Then towards the end of the walk, one of our group who is diabetic started dropping. I think he fell three times even though people were walking next to him helping him. He'd been monitoring his blood and had glucose tablets and insulin but he still got out of whack. He was a first time hiker. We managed to get him back to the van and he came right after another insulin shot. I am BEAT. I walked for 7 hours with a pack, up some steep hills. Very good fun and made new friends. Another tick on the bucket list. <3 Wendya2gbukgv2sjo.jpg

Congratulations!!! That's excellent! Well done!
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    desismileys_0095.gif
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,707 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    again didnt sleep well, but didnt take my meletonin either
    have to work 10-4 today, was going out with Doris ,but weather going to be iffy and need to make money where I can.
    Tom not getting in until 10 o clock tomorrow..so will try and take as much stuff home from here today as I can ... have laundry in the dryer.... and will take a shower in a bit..
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    OH...I want to use the WOO button so bad! We REALLY need something more enthusiastic than "like".
    Wendy- You are my WOO-HOO!! I love that shot at the top of the hill/mountain; arms out and face smiling! Congrats!
    Beth-Your home looks fantastic!
    Lanette-My hubby does the same with me, in regards to the picking. Perhaps it is a side effect of the RA? Like you, I end up making my meals of all of the left overs in the fridge. I can usually make something different out of the left overs if they are basic, like a roast or a simple baked/grilled chicken. I will add a different spice and add it to a different side dish. My DYS calls it "fusion" food! LOL.

Well, one of the families that I interviewed with, called me last night and decided that they would like their child(ren) to come to my daycare! They have two boys, ages 2 1/2 and newborn. The 2 1/2 yr old has a daycare that he attends, currently; but the woman who runs the daycare home is retiring. So 2 1/2 yr old will begin on a part time basis to get used to me and the kids in January, the newborn will begin coming full time in February when mom goes back to work and the 2 1/2 yr old will begin full time in March when I will have room for him! So...it's kind of a "two-for"! Yea! I am full again!

It is party day, today. I have nine kids here (they tend to come out of the woodwork for parties). I have the sugar cookies baked and ready for decorating, but I need to make the frosting (because I forgot to buy some). It should be a crazy, but good day! AND...it will be over in ten hours and I get 14 days off!!!

DH's tooth is out. His face is swollen and he is miserable; but he has good painkillers that make him go to sleep! (Thank God) >:) This tooth was one of his upper molars. His upper jawbone seems much stronger than the lower. Earlier this year he had a tooth out on the lower jaw and the bone splintered and kept coming up through his gums for about a month or so after the removal. I really hope this doesn't happen with this one.

Anyway! Gotta fly! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    Wendy ~ What a feat you have accomplished! :)

Kelly ~ Congrats on a new day care client. Can you manage a newborn with all the toddlers. Sorry about your DH's tooth. After having a molar pulled a year ago, I am hoping never ever to have another tooth pulled.

Heather ~ So sad about your BFF! Good thoughts and prayers for you and her.

Hugs for all who are hurting both physically and mentally!

Carol in GA