New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Caramel Macchiato (not a huge coffee drinker), but this is seriously one of my new favorites of Halo Top!

Such a refreshing, clean tasting flavor that tastes almost as indulgent as Talenti & a flavor that does well with no added mix-ins.

The Cinnamon Roll on the other hand was a bit of a dud & I would rather splurge from time to time & eat a serving of Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns ice cream. The little piddly cinnamon mix-ins were pathetic.

Also bought the mochi & rainbow sherbet flavors.

Wishing I would have bought more of the Macchiato flavor now.

So far now my favorite flavors are Gingerbread, Caramel Macchiato, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter on occasion, & Chocolate Almond Crunch.

I agree that Caramel Macchiato is my new favorite. The Pancakes and Waffles, however?!? So gross that I offered it to my 13-year-old, who eats anything. He took one bite and threw it away.

My list: Caramel Macchiato, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Chocolate Almond Crunch, and like you, PB on occasion.

I haven't tried my Mochi Green Tea yet, and haven't found Gingerbread.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Halo Top Caramel Macchiato (not a huge coffee drinker), but this is seriously one of my new favorites of Halo Top!

Such a refreshing, clean tasting flavor that tastes almost as indulgent as Talenti & a flavor that does well with no added mix-ins.

The Cinnamon Roll on the other hand was a bit of a dud & I would rather splurge from time to time & eat a serving of Ben & Jerry's Cinnamon Buns ice cream. The little piddly cinnamon mix-ins were pathetic.

Also bought the mochi & rainbow sherbet flavors.

Wishing I would have bought more of the Macchiato flavor now.

So far now my favorite flavors are Gingerbread, Caramel Macchiato, Birthday Cake, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Peanut Butter on occasion, & Chocolate Almond Crunch.

You are in for a treat with those other two ;) They're not AS GOOD as the caramel macchiato (nothing is, really), but they're pretty solid! The mochi pieces are fun and plentiful, and the rainbow sherbet will bring you back to your childhood if you grew up on those Flinstone push pops :'D
  • hgycta
    Options
    Surprisingly I wasn’t as crazy about the caramel macchiato flavor. Maybe it’s because I drink so much coffee but I didn’t really taste any coffee in this, if I was blindfolded I would have guessed it was a cheap salted caramel flavor. Great yogurt base, but the caramel swirl needs to be improved. Runny and artificial, not thick and buttery like I had hoped for.
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Surprisingly I wasn’t as crazy about the caramel macchiato flavor. Maybe it’s because I drink so much coffee but I didn’t really taste any coffee in this, if I was blindfolded I would have guessed it was a cheap salted caramel flavor. Great yogurt base, but the caramel swirl needs to be improved. Runny and artificial, not thick and buttery like I had hoped for.
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

I agree that they're definitely not as creamy and thick as I'd like either... but I haven't tried this flavor yet.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

I hope Giant eventually gets this brand in.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I cannot find International Delights yogurts anywhere! And I'm dying to try them. I even went to their website to search and they don't have yogurts as their product on the website! Strange!
  • Francl27
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I cannot find International Delights yogurts anywhere! And I'm dying to try them. I even went to their website to search and they don't have yogurts as their product on the website! Strange!

Yeah I was looking for a picture of them and couldn't see anything about them... Same with Chobani and their new whole milk yogurts.
  • arya8
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Yeah I was looking for a picture of them and couldn't see anything about them... Same with Chobani and their new whole milk yogurts.

I have not seen those either. I hope they are not limited edition type and someday I'll see them somewhere
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

I agree with you on not really tasting any coffee in the caramel macchiato flavor. I thought that it was just a weaker caramel flavor. Then again, I like my coffee to be like battery acid, so maybe my tastebuds are just dead. :/
  • hgycta
    Options

I saw those in Shoprite last time I was there! I didn’t pick any up though since I normally don’t care for Chobani :p
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

I agree with you on not really tasting any coffee in the caramel macchiato flavor. I thought that it was just a weaker caramel flavor. Then again, I like my coffee to be like battery acid, so maybe my tastebuds are just dead. :/

Yeah, I’m curious what a non-coffee drinker would think of it haha I drink my coffee the same way, a lot of coffee flavored products taste nothing like coffee to my but then when my mom (who hates coffee) tries it she’ll comment on how strong it is xD I’m still surprised those coffee pudding cups I got not too long ago actually tasted like coffee to me!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

Hmm doesn't seem worth it for 250 calories. Thanks for review. I would rather add salted caramel mocha skinny syrups to regular yogurt. (okay maybe I am a little obsessed with these LOL)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options

I saw those in Shoprite last time I was there! I didn’t pick any up though since I normally don’t care for Chobani :p
    d2abpr8axr41.jpeg

Yeah, I’m curious what a non-coffee drinker would think of it haha I drink my coffee the same way, a lot of coffee flavored products taste nothing like coffee to my but then when my mom (who hates coffee) tries it she’ll comment on how strong it is xD I’m still surprised those coffee pudding cups I got not too long ago actually tasted like coffee to me!

You should try adding extra coffee extract to coffee-flavored liquid/pudding-like things. It really helps round out the flavor IMO.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Impulsive Buy gave the Nutter Butter cereal a 9/10! I'll definitely have to see if my store has it out on the 26th.

The Chips Ahoy they gave a 5/10.
  • hgycta
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    I'm not gonna even try the chips ahoy cereal... Cookie crisp much?

Nutter butter cereal I am weeping over I'm so ready

I'm going to save some calories and eat the nutter butter cereal with chocolate milk and cross my fingers for the experience of a lifetime. I'm loving all these new cereal releases, I also can't wait to try the Lucky Charms with Frosted Flakes it's like they combined two of my favorites right there <3
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Impulsive Buy gave the Nutter Butter cereal a 9/10! I'll definitely have to see if my store has it out on the 26th.

The Chips Ahoy they gave a 5/10.

Omg I am buying. Nutter butters as well as my favorite candy (butterfingers) are so underrated they are delicious. Wasn’t too excited for cookie because like others said just like Cookie Crisp.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Based on the review posted in here, I tried the Caulipower pizza crust last night.

I just bought the plain crust and used my own toppings.

I was very impressed with it.

I did remember to take the cardboard out :) and the bottom came out crispy and the crust doesn't taste like cauliflower at all. For a gluten free crust, it's also pretty decent. I have to eat gluten free because I have celiac disease. I was also pleasantly surprised to find that there are 2 crusts in the box.

I should have realized that reading the servings per package, but I'm in a haze of morning brain fog when I'm in the grocery store, I'm afraid

I tried the cauliflower pizza last night!

For the price of the pizza I probably won't buy it again (around $7.00 at Walmart) since I can find cheaper pizzas that taste a lot better at the Grocery Outlet.

I like cauliflower (prefer broccoli more though), but the pizza crust left a weird aftertaste in my mouth. The cheese was fine & tasted like most cheesy, delicious frozen pizza cheeses.
  • arya8
    Options
    I had this for lunch today. It was very good if you like Indian food.
    TandoorChef_NaanPizza_RoastedEggplant-Full.jpg
  • Francl27
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dannon-Oikos-Protein-Crunch-Greek-Yogurt-Vanilla-Yogurt-with-Chocolate-Oats-Peanuts.jpg?resize=550%2C571&ssl=1

Disgusting. Flavorless yogurt, texture of paste, even the mix ins can't save it. I bought the banana one by mistake too, and I don't even like banana flavored stuff, so that one is going to go straight into the trash.