MyFitnessCREEPERS

Options

Replies

• TishaDawnMc
    Options
    Wow- not so sure that all that sniping was neccessary. All I can add is that you should be proud, you should post pictures, and you will just need to get used to ignoring the attention. If being thin is a new sensation to you, then you really will need to get used to the attention, as it will happen online and in the real world. In both worlds you will learn to ignore/delete :) And congrats, you look great.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Change your profile pic and make your profile private.

Seriously, though, I cannot believe this surprises you.
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    You can make it so only your friends can see the rest of your pics, but everyone will see your profile pic. Knowing that, I suggest putting something innocuous for your profile pic and then your progress pics in with your other pics if you don't want the comments.

I must say, as a member of the male species, I'm sorry for the other members that are creepy because they think they can get away with it and don't realize the damage it causes the offended person.
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Sorry
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Maybe you can't help it but you can cover up. Plenty of people post weight loss pictures fully clothed. Maybe your pics would be better received on match.com.

I see PLENTY of people on here posing half-clothed. And I think your bra covers more than a lot of women's teeny bikinis I see in pictures! Maybe the men's COMMENTS would be better received on match.com.

I would say maybe reply to their messages and apologize if they thought you were sending them a different message than you intended, but that they're messages are making you uncomfortable.
  • sweetheart03622
    sweetheart03622 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    I also have progress photos, but I'm not in my underwear or a lacey bra, I'm in workout clothes and you can still (easily) see the progress ...

Exactly, go with a sports bra instead
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Is there a way to make my profile picture private so non-friends can't see it?

Nope. Sorry. This is the only place on the internet that you can share pictures with friends.

Yes there is. You can go to Settings then profile privacy settings and switch it to My friends only. The people who are not your friends can only see your main picture so if you dont want creepy messages switch it to one with clothes on.
  • phnx72
    phnx72 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Wow, really surprised by the comments. Who cares how she's dressed, that doesn't mean she deserves to be treated with less respect than anyone else on this site. I think if you go to settings and then profile privacy settings you can make your profile completely private and only open to your friends. You don't deserve to be treated like that and neither does anyone else.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I say if you wanna post the pics because you are that proud of yourself then go for it but I would set your profile to private and change your profile pic to something less showy. If you don't want to do that then you should put on a thicker skin cause you gotta live in the world with the rest of us and showing pics like that you see what happens.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I wish people would send me provocative messages. :(
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    If you don't like the negative attention, switch to progress pictures with more clothes on. Like a pair of workout capris and a tank top, or something.

I've got a large chest, too, so I have to be very careful about what I wear in public, and especially what kind of pictures I post. I posted my progress pictures fully clothed, and you can still totally see a difference.

Good luck!
  • fj78
    fj78 Posts: 17
    Options
    If you go to "settings" you can change your privacy levels.
    (OK, so two others got in there first while I was posting!)
  • temptress75519
    temptress75519 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    cecrawfo and otr12-- Are you two serious!!!!!???? She is a girl who is making a serious effort to get healthy and she is looking sexy in the process! There is absolutely nothing wrong with her wanting to show it off!!!! Heck, if it were me, I'd do the exact same thing!

kater8er, don't you listen to these guys or those creeps, you are looking good, your worked hard for it and you should be damned proud of yourself! You aren't posting nude pics or anything inappropriate. I'll bet you they are all just jealous of you (I know I sure am lol)

Don't delete your pics and report them immediately. They are trolling you and they need to get booted off MFP before they discourage someone else from their journey. I tell you what if someone made nasty comments about my progress pics ON MY OWN profile I would report them in a heartbeat!!!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I think if your comfortable enough to post the pics, more power to you! its just a shame you get creeps that are gonna message you inappropriate comments

like you never did or haven't wanted to!
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    Wow some harsh comments. Maybe make your profile pic different and only post your progress pics in your album? Just a thought. Or try doing progress pics in a sports bra and shorts. I do bikini ones too but I won't post them here. I save them in a folder and review. I'm sorry guys are doing that to you but I can't say that I'm surprised. You'll have to change your settings to private in order to keep your profile private. Hope this helps!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    This is totally off topic, but great job Schwiggity!
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    I'm just angry I don't have the boobs to pull off pictures like that. I want creeps messaging me!
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This is totally off topic, but great job Schwiggity!

Not provocative enough.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    I think there is a block feature that you can click on a person's profile, if I recall correctly...And, I apologize for the inappropriate messages and the snide remarks. Be proud! You deserve it!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    No one is saying that it's right. What they are saying is that it shouldn't be a surprise. This is how the world is.
This discussion has been closed.