Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Jack Lalanne's Advice

Options

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    There is some next level tinfoil-*kitten*hattery going on in here. Wow!

Every time I'm certain I've seen it all...

Yup. I think this is the winner of them all.

I just don't know what else to say. I'm rarely left speechless, so it's clearly impressive. This is full on tinfoil suit of armor.

I'm trying to formulate a response to how I feel about the audacity of questioning Nony's credentials and experience in the face of the "evidence" presented, and I just can't put an actual archaeologist up against this kittenpoo in any coherent way.

I'm so stunned at my credentials being questioned by someone who always plays his 'terminal degree' (never used) card that even I can't come up with a response.

But of course, it's a giant global conspiracy to suppress the truth. We all had to sign on to it at university if we wanted to continue in archaeology ;)

You're going to get kicked out of the club :wink:
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

I just don't know what else to say. I'm rarely left speechless, so it's clearly impressive. This is full on tinfoil suit of armor.

I'm trying to formulate a response to how I feel about the audacity of questioning Nony's credentials and experience in the face of the "evidence" presented, and I just can't put an actual archaeologist up against this kittenpoo in any coherent way.

I'm so stunned at my credentials being questioned by someone who always plays his 'terminal degree' (never used) card that even I can't come up with a response.

But of course, it's a giant global conspiracy to suppress the truth. We all had to sign on to it at university if we wanted to continue in archaeology ;)

Wait, Them paying you off is how you afford all that lovely underwear isn't it!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options

I'm buying it in anticipation of the large cheque I should be getting any day now. It's quite overdue...
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    here we have some lovely ~32kya evidence for grinding grains into flour: http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/fall-2015/article/scientists-report-stone-age-flour-production

If the aliens were advanced enough to get here, why not just give us decent technology straight off? What's with all this mucking around with stones? We could have had food processors millennia ago ffs!!

But where would we have plugged them in?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

Since your credentials haven't seen questioned in this thread are you willing to answer my two simple nonthreating questions?

If you're not questioning her credentials, why are you asking?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options

I'm clearly in the wrong profession. I can't afford underwear...

OK, who hugged me on that one?

Creepy :laugh:

Guilty as charged. I just thought it would be nice if you could have pretty things.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Guilty as charged. I just thought it would be nice if you could have pretty things.

And the very fact she has been asked if she has spoken with a crackpot would indicate said crackpot is worth listening to. Non.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    (This thread is making me laugh so hard. Thanks, all!)
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

It would be nice, but my dogs break/ruin everything anyway. I've made my peace with not having the finer things in life.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    here we have some lovely ~32kya evidence for grinding grains into flour: http://popular-archaeology.com/issue/fall-2015/article/scientists-report-stone-age-flour-production

If the aliens were advanced enough to get here, why not just give us decent technology straight off? What's with all this mucking around with stones? We could have had food processors millennia ago ffs!!

But where would we have plugged them in?

Those aliens knew how to generate electricity. They were clearly holding back the good stuff.