Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Jack Lalanne's Advice

Options

Replies

• Nony_Mouse
    Nony_Mouse Posts: 5,646 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I hugged your lack of pretty underwear too @nutmegoreo. You know I think that is tragic.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Nony_Mouse wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I hugged your lack of pretty underwear too @nutmegoreo. You know I think that is tragic.

I'll try to be less of a disappointment for both you and @GottaBurnEmAll this coming year.
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »

I'll try to be less of a disappointment for both you and @GottaBurnEmAll this coming year.

Oh no, I'm disappointed FOR you, not in you. Sympathy hugs.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options

Wait wait wait. I hooked you up with amazing bras this year! Don't be playing that sympathy card!
  • Nony_Mouse
    Options
    I nominate this for Thread of the Year!

I'm not sure this is the thread I want to be remembered for for 2017!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options

Oh no, I'm disappointed FOR you, not in you. Sympathy hugs.

I figured. I'm just feeling sorry for myself, Being sick for three weeks already. I just want my voice back.

Wait wait wait. I hooked you up with amazing bras this year! Don't be playing that sympathy card!

Shhhhh. That was supposed to be our secret. :wink: Now if only airfare was lower, I could justify flying to save the money on bras.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I nominate this for Thread of the Year!

Oh, it wins. It so wins.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    There is some next level tinfoil-*kitten*hattery going on in here. Wow!

Every time I'm certain I've seen it all...

Yup. I think this is the winner of them all.

I just don't know what else to say. I'm rarely left speechless, so it's clearly impressive. This is full on tinfoil suit of armor.

You never watched the documentary Mars Attacks? Powerful, compelling stuff.

3lhf45ubseun.jpg

You need to photoshop in some carbs for those guys.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Now I am IIFYM kind of guy, so naturally I am not following Jack Lalanne's advice (I do eat unprocessed foods at times), but I feel it would be harsh criticizing him either. I mean he came from an era where mfp didn't exist. It was hard to track calories than it is today. So I get it why he said those things, with limited tools, he decided to play safe and advised people to stay away from them. I do understand also his point of kind of eating unprocessed foods and his diet meal plan was plain and simple. Honestly, I can't *kitten* on his advice, because it's still some good advice he gave for the time he was living in and I feel it's harsh criticizing him now with the knowledge we have nowadays. He made lifting cool at a time that it wasn't. So although I don't live the lifestyle he suggests, overall, I think he did more good than bad when it comes to health and fitness. Not saying he was always right, but you gotta give him credit, he lived healthy up to 96 years old and his wife is still alive if I am not mistaken, so maybe he was on to something.

Keep reading man, keep reading.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Now I am IIFYM kind of guy, so naturally I am not following Jack Lalanne's advice (I do eat unprocessed foods at times), but I feel it would be harsh criticizing him either. I mean he came from an era where mfp didn't exist. It was hard to track calories than it is today. So I get it why he said those things, with limited tools, he decided to play safe and advised people to stay away from them. I do understand also his point of kind of eating unprocessed foods and his diet meal plan was plain and simple. Honestly, I can't *kitten* on his advice, because it's still some good advice he gave for the time he was living in and I feel it's harsh criticizing him now with the knowledge we have nowadays. He made lifting cool at a time that it wasn't. So although I don't live the lifestyle he suggests, overall, I think he did more good than bad when it comes to health and fitness. Not saying he was always right, but you gotta give him credit, he lived healthy up to 96 years old and his wife is still alive if I am not mistaken, so maybe he was on to something.

I don't need to read, it's not like I will change my ways based on what Lalanne did or didn't do. He believed in something, he did what he had to do, wether he was right or wrong, I couldn't care less, my lifestyle is not based around his teachings. So in the end, it doesn't matter. I just respect what he did while he was alive, not necessarily agreeing with everything he has said when it comes to fitness and nutrition. But between him and the fake natty's out there, I prefer giving Lalanne some props.

I think she's encouraging you to get to the bit about aliens. And no, I'm not joking.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    Options

I don't need to read, it's not like I will change my ways based on what Lalanne did or didn't do. He believed in something, he did what he had to do, wether he was right or wrong, I couldn't care less, my lifestyle is not based around his teachings. So in the end, it doesn't matter. I just respect what he did while he was alive, not necessarily agreeing with everything he has said when it comes to fitness and nutrition. But between him and the fake natty's out there, I prefer giving Lalanne some props.

What Vintage said. This thread went places.