January 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I didn't get out yesterday so I may sneak in a run this afternoon to break up my work. We have like a super high pollution advisory (thanks to all the *kitten* who have fires on No Burn days. It's not cold. You don't need a fire). I could barely breathe yesterday just chilling on the couch. I felt so awful. Stupid asthma.

ETA: I went to sign up for strava and apparently I already did so and logged 4 activities in 2015. :D
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!

Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    01/01/18 :::: 4.5 :::: 4.5
    Goal = 93 miles

Resolution Run this morning, on an apparently record low temp day. It was -4 F by the time we started but the sun was out and it was not so bad. This run is a nice, casual, not chip-timed event so it's always fun. Lots of different running groups get together in one place, and there is a champagne stop and pasta and chili after. I ran it slowly with a friend who started the walk-to-run program with me 2 1/2 years ago. He's been on and off with running but I'm happy that he's into it again and this was a great personal accomplishment for him today. Fun to be part of that and log some miles on the first day of a new year.

I need to work on my new year spreadsheet. It's a bit overwhelming to start at 0 again! So much to accomplish and a blank slate to start from.

• juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    greedygob wrote: »
    Sorry I can’t find the thread, can I have the strava group name and Facebook link? New to MFP but not to runner and would love to have people to get motivated with

@greedygob I didn't notice if anyone else has replied yet.
    There are 2 Strava groups related to MFP that I know of.
    MyFitnessPal Group (from Long Distance Runner Forum)
    MFP Monthly Running Challenge

Some how I have lost the FB link.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    juliet3455 wrote: »
    greedygob wrote: »
    Sorry I can’t find the thread, can I have the strava group name and Facebook link? New to MFP but not to runner and would love to have people to get motivated with

@greedygob I didn't notice if anyone else has replied yet.
    There are 2 Strava groups related to MFP that I know of.
    MyFitnessPal Group (from Long Distance Runner Forum)
    MFP Monthly Running Challenge

Some how I have lost the FB link.

Huh, did not know about the "long distance runner forum" ? What is that?

FB: https://www.facebook.com/groups/133628317200269/
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @katharmonic pasta and chili after your race, that sounds awesome to me!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    Around 4 miles was a popular distance today.
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Huh, did not know about the "long distance runner forum" ? What is that?

@PastorVincent http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/94-long-distance-runners
    Doesn't seem to be a lot of activity/posting in it
    @skippygirlsmom Skip with her Farrah Fawcett shades on. :D Those would just turn into big Ice/Fog covered blinders in our temperatures right now.
  • MobyCarp
    MobyCarp Posts: 2,927 Member
    Options
    New Year's Day, the day of the 7.5 mile Resolution Run in the beautiful hills of Mendon Ponds Park. Gun time was 10 AM, and I had 9º F (-13º C) with sunshine and a breeze that wasn't strong enough to matter. Except I had that in my driveway, where I was shoveling snow. The hurt quads won't let me run, so I did a DNS for Resolution Run today. Sigh. Hopefully we'll get weather this nice next year, and I'll be healthy enough to run it.