Replies

• shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    Im loving this post and thank you!!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Hey, I asked this question in another one of your posts (the one about calculating Macros) but I don't think you saw it...

So that gives me a really big range for fat intake. Between 54 and 115 grams. So as long as I'm somewhere in that range, it's okay?
  • Steph70508
    Steph70508 Posts: 110
    Options
    In my own humble opinion I think that #6 is the biggest factor sabotaging peoples weight loss efforts. It is soooo easy to "forget" about the coffee creamer or the after dinner mint or the "couple" of your kids fries...if you eat it log it!! :)
  • C110266Chris♥
    Options
    Great information thank you.

Curious, which Fish Oil do you recommend? Do you recommend any particular multi vitamin?

I determined my BMR to be 1964.05.
    My BMI is 42%

I am trying to determine how many calories I burn in a 24 hour period. I would say around 600. I don't know for sure though. How do I know for sure?

How Do I determine activity level in a 24 hour period-besides that fact that is mostly sedentary? I work out for 35 mins at lunch on the elliptical. Other than that, I am mostly on my rear for work and commuting.

(Total Daily Energy Expednture)? [BMR + activity level in a 24 hour period]

How many calories (Carbs, Protien, and FAT) should I have then to Lose Lose Lose and be the healthiest? Just trying to figure this out here. Thank you for your help.

I personally take Controlled Labs Fish Oil. I've tried others, but CL makes really good products.

What are your stats exactly?

Age, Height, Weight, and Bodyfat% if you know this.

Thanks.
    Thank you for your help!
    Age 44
    Height 5'8
    Weight 275
    Bodyfat (BMI?) 42%.
  • anotheryearolder
    anotheryearolder Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tigertown11
    Options
    bump
  • crystalslight
    crystalslight Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • tsmith8
    tsmith8 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    bump
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mosneakers
    mosneakers Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Thank you for taking the time to post this. BTW - Love number #10!!! :happy:
  • CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    Joe, the most sensible write up I have read. Thank you. I am trying to do everything except #9. I weigh myself daily, but only count progress from Sunday to Sunday. I’ve been at this weight loss game for so many decades that fluctuating a few pounds from day to day doesn’t bother me.
  • lglg11
    lglg11 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Great information and exactly what I needed to read right now :)
  • julesandrich
    julesandrich Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Remember that you can't just go by your BMR alone.

Your BMR (Base Metabolic Rate) is how many calories you burn if you are COMATOSE or in a deep REM state of sleep. This is where your entire body slows down to a crawl. Yes you still burn calories. =)

Your RMR (Resting Metabolic Rate) is how many calories you burn if you are RESTING. This includes lying down and it includes light sleeping. Your RMR number will be higher than your BMR.

I don't want to get you guys confused with minor details. Just go with your BMR.

Now, finding out your BMR is super easy. Finding out your Activity Level isn't so easy, atleast not accurately. I listed ways of finding it on the top of page 2 of my thread here. =)
  • dcain2
    dcain2 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    bump
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    bump :D
  • jewelstam
    jewelstam Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • charlene77
    charlene77 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    How do you suggest calculating the minimum amount of each macro? Do you suggest a certain ratio? or something along the lines of 1g protein per lb of lean body mass?
    How do you decide macro levels the ones MFP gives you or something else?

Protein: You should eat .5g to 1g of protein per lb of lean body mass.
    Fats: You should eat .35g to .75g of dietary fat per lb of BODYWEIGHT.
    Carbs: You can either put the rest into carbs, or spread it out with additional fats and proteins to get your intake for the day.

1g protein = 4 cals
    1g fats = 9 cals
    1g carbs = 4 cals

Hmmm, I don't know if I totally understand this. Let me see if I get this?

I used an online calculator to figure out how much calories I burn a day. It says my BMR is 1807 and if I'm lightly active, 2321, if I'm moderatley active then I need 2678.
    I don't know which one to use. I have five kids, do a load of laundry a day, vacum, sweep, two or three loads of dishes, sweep, make beds....hmmm, I think think I'd be moderately active.
    Anyhow. Let's say, lightly active. So if I need 2321 a day and I would like to lose 2 pds a week ( I weigh 225, I think I can handle losing two a week!), then I need to consume 1321 calories a day to lose two pds a week.

This is what I figured from the above info......I need
    162 g protein is equal to 648 calories
    112 g fat is equal to 1008
    1654.......That's over the 1321.....and I have not consumed any carbs. Wouldn't I just gain weight? What am I missing? I'm 5ft 6.5inches, female, 225...Yes I am big boned and do have alot of muscle. The calculator also said I have
    27.81 fat %

27.81% body fat....which is acceptable.....I don't think It's acceptable! LOL
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    thanks for this post. i've been stuck where i am for a month now, but while i'm not losing weight i am ditching the body fat and losing inches. this is a great reminder for those who think they can just "wing it" with the calories burned and consumed.
  • foreverloved
    foreverloved Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    bump