How am I supposed to get all the good diet advice?

Options

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Kidzfun wrote: »
    Based on my research on research and searching/reading different studies that have been conducted. I would say a plant based diet. I'm trying the plant based diet because of the benefits. I have never seen an morbidly obese person from eating plants.
    I've seen plenty of obese vegans. Here's a list of foods that are all 100% plant-based/vegan - so if I eat these all the time, I'll lose weight and be totally healthy and not morbidly obese?:

Marie Callendar Apple Pies
    Kraft Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
    Lay's Potato Chips
    Ritz Crackers
    Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal
    Thomas Blueberry Bagels
    Duncan Hines California Walnut Brownie Mix
    Oreos
    Taco Bell Bean Burrito (minus cheese)
    Unfrosted Pop Tarts
    Nutter Butter Cookies
    Nature Valley Granola Crunch Bars
    Krispy Kreme Fruit Pies
    Chocolate Chip Teddy Grahams

I've personally went on a very strict fish & Veggie diet (no eggs or milk) and I lost sustainable weight. I've been reading the China Study (based on many different studies conducted) and watched What The Health + plus read the studies on my own to verify this information and it seems to work.

The China Study is junk science which has been soundly debunked and What The Health is the worst, most biased hack job of a mockumentary that has ever been produced. Even a lot of vegan proponents/authorities have come out and said how terrible it is.

Not saying a plant-based diet can't be healthy, but it's not the One True Way and just like many other diets, there's a lot of woo, misinformation, propaganda and pseudoscience surrounding it. And the China Study and What The Health are far from reliable information sources. They're complete garbage.

Perhaps @janejellyroll, who is one of the most articulate, reasonable and well-studied vegans I've ever run across, could point you to some actual sound scientific resources for plant-based nutrition. And maybe even offer her opinion of What The Health from a longtime, seasoned vegan perspective, lol.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You could always bleed out on 3 different boards complaining how unsupportive your family is and how to fix them.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,153 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    ACV!

Should I just drink it straight from the bottle?

Sure. Vodka chaser, always.

And HIIT. And HIIT. More HIIT.

Ohhh! Unnh!

Yes, yes, YES: Pickles! Swiss cheese! More!

Mmmmm.

(Sidelong glances . . . did anyone notice?)
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Have you tried learning to breathe? You can breathe out calories if you do it properly..
  • AnnPT77
    Options
    No dairy. Because aaalllll the pus cheese is for baby cows *only*.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    Cut out all zero calorie foods - they kill!
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    HellYeahItsKriss Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Based on my research on research and searching/reading different studies that have been conducted. I would say a plant based diet. I'm trying the plant based diet because of the benefits. I have never seen an morbidly obese person from eating plants. I've personally went on a very strict fish & Veggie diet (no eggs or milk) and I lost sustainable weight. I've been reading the China Study (based on many different studies conducted) and watched What The Health + plus read the studies on my own to verify this information and it seems to work.

@Kidzfun --- this was supposed to be sarcasm right? i know some people can be very dry
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    You could always bleed out on 3 different boards complaining how unsupportive your family is and how to fix them.

Lol.. Complaining burns calories! Brilliant!

https://hsionline.com/2011/09/21/complaining-diet/

HAHAHA omg i googled this for *kitten* and giggles
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ACV!

Ohhh! Unnh!

Mmmmm.

Your encouragement is very orgasmic.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options

Ooooh, right, cause those hidden 5 calories are what is keeping me fat
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options

Ooooh, right, cause those hidden 5 calories are what is keeping me fat

Exactly and giving you all sorts of cancer in the process!
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Gluten free, dairy free, low carb, high carb, raw vegan high protein, 6 meals a day, stop eating at 6pm and no carbs after lunch, no sugar unless it's natural (white sugar, despite coming from the plant sugar cane, is not allowed), no caffeine, get rid of the fake sugar drinks, no cake, lemon water and a shot of ACV first thing, BCAAs intra workout, lift heavy, lift moderate weight moderate reps, low weight high reps, do Insanity and P90X, get ones of those really expensive "greens" supplements, some garcinia cambogia and a fat burner from the local health food store. Oh and a protein shake post workout, but only if you've lifted heavy.

Make sure to be hungry, eat bare minimum calories, run 1 hour per day and suck every last ounce of joy out of life.

OK. Clearly you're ignoring the thermogenic effects of Turmeric. But you've got to chew the root, the powdered supplements are just enriching Big Pharma.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    ACV!

Ohhh! Unnh!

Mmmmm.

You've got to do at least 90 minutes of HIIT 6 days a week twice a day. Guaranteed to lose all your fat.
  • HellYeahItsKriss
    Options
    If i complain while i chew i will burn twice the calories.
  • AnnPT77
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Besides, I looked at your diary, and two months ago you logged somebody else's generic homemade recipe entry from the database, so that's for sure why you're not loosing wait. And you logged some entries in ounces, some in grams, and a bread "slice". Guaranteed 5 pound gain, right there. Not to mention one "medium" apple. Clairvoyant or psychic apples are all full of GMOs, and factory farmers spray them with aspartame.
  • NewlifeinNW
    NewlifeinNW Posts: 3,866 Member
    Options
    keto, the answer to all life's mysteries is keto
  • _Captivated_
    _Captivated_ Posts: 5,669 Member
    Options
    You'll need "ItWorks!" wraps for your entire body.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    You'll need "ItWorks!" wraps for your entire body.

And Herbalife, Shakeology, etc.