Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

Cutting out coffee or diet coke

Options

Replies

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I'm going to have a vodka and coke :D

Me too, although it'll be rum - not vodka. And diet soda - I like to live dangerously.
  • sssgilbe
    sssgilbe Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Does that really say what is your metabolism type?

I need to go to bed until February.

The ad at the bottom of the screen in the screenshot says all that needs to be said about the "source". May as well be quoting the National Enquirer or Weekly World News as a scientific reference, lol.

Just found it - it's on MensHealth. Same text/highlighting. So, yeah - it can safely be ignored.

eta:
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    myles1230 wrote: »
    Thanks for all the perceptions of artificial sweeteners and sugar! I’m sure the poster with the original question is very confused by now. As for me I’ll keep away from artificial sweeteners and zero calorie carbonated drinks that bloat you! And adding extra unwanted calories from sugar and cream, and continue to make gains and be healthy. Have a great day!

If OP is confused (I think perhaps she can read and understand better than that!), then it's probably because a number of people didn't take the advice in this thread title: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10627407/don-t-believe-everything-you-hear-or-read#latest

(I mean those claiming that diet soda causes weight gain.)

So, yeah.

Rats! So you're saying finding out my metabolism # won't give me the secrets to the universe and make my internet run faster?
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    You know...it’s okay to accept that you once believed things to be true about diet/nutrition aren’t actually true.

I used to think my metabolism would slow down if I skipped a meal. I just learned that was wrong and moved on. It’s kinda cool.
    That's called "learning", isn't it?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have a vodka and coke :D

@RuNaRoUnDaFiEld

May I suggest an expresso coffee tequila and diet coke in honour of the original thread?

• Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,136 Member
    Options
    I can function without coke/pop (haven't had one in over 10 years) but without coffee, specially in the morning, I am a zombie.