Welcome to Debate Club! Please be aware that this is a space for respectful debate, and that your ideas will be challenged here. Please remember to critique the argument, not the author.

meal timing debate

System
System Posts: 1,899 MFP Staff
This discussion was created from replies split from: Started jogging --- and no weight loss.

Replies

• ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    jflongo wrote: »
    I'm curious, are you drinking alcohol at all? Are you making sure you are drinking plenty of water? Are you making sure you stop eating before 7PM?

Have you tried exercising in the morning on an empty stomach? Just curious on all of these.

Also, are you mixing things up a little, like running / biking / etc?

I got crazy and drank 3.5 ounces of red wine last night. If I excerise on an empty belly I get REALLY dizzy. Because of my work schedule, my work hours are nutty. I try to finish consuming food before 9pm at the latest. I usually end up jogging in the evenings.

Gotcha. If you are eating regularly around 9PM, that could be part of the issue. But I guess this all depends when you go to bed and wake up.

No, it won't be part of the issue at all.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    DmaMfz wrote: »
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    I'm curious, are you drinking alcohol at all? Are you making sure you are drinking plenty of water? Are you making sure you stop eating before 7PM?

Have you tried exercising in the morning on an empty stomach? Just curious on all of these.

I got crazy and drank 3.5 ounces of red wine last night. If I excerise on an empty belly I get REALLY dizzy. Because of my work schedule, my work hours are nutty. I try to finish consuming food before 9pm at the latest. I usually end up jogging in the evenings.

Gotcha. If you are eating regularly around 9PM, that could be part of the issue. But I guess this all depends when you go to bed and wake up.

Why does this matter??
    What about people that work night shift?
    They're doomed to be fat forever because they eat at night?

Read everything I asked before you quote my stuff. I did say it depends on when you go to bed and getup. Sheesh.

But It doesn't matter "when you go to bed and wake up". That's why they responded that way.

I disagree 100%. If you are eating dinner at 8PM and go to bed at 8:30PM, yes that does make a difference.

I eat every night before bed, it has never changed a thing for me.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    DmaMfz wrote: »
    sdolan91 wrote: »

Why does this matter??
    What about people that work night shift?
    They're doomed to be fat forever because they eat at night?

Read everything I asked before you quote my stuff. I did say it depends on when you go to bed and getup. Sheesh.

But It doesn't matter "when you go to bed and wake up". That's why they responded that way.

I disagree 100%. If you are eating dinner at 8PM and go to bed at 8:30PM, yes that does make a difference.

Nope. I do that every night. Makes zero difference.

Ditto. Lost 30 lbs in 12 months.