JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Replies

• mmartin7613
    mmartin7613 Posts: 37 Member
    Happy New Year!!! I've been lost in a BIG bowl of sugar. I dug myself out of it this morning and I'm ready to continue this awesome journey of health. Miss seeing you all. 2018 will be successful. I'm going to be a rock star this year so I better shape up. :wink:

Today I will ... be successful
    Drink 80 oz of water
    Track my healthy (non sugared) food. :#
    Do at least a 15 min youtube video
    Tell my family that I love them all so much because life is short & they are amazing
    Get caught up from vacation at work

Welcome back! So glad to see you dug your way out of that BIG bowl of sugar! LOL! I hope you left a trail because I'm trying to find my way out of that same bowl... :)

YES - I did. Look for the "Green" trail. Hahaha.
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Bex953172 Sometimes you can have those cramps due to dehydration! With all the shopping and walking around, make sure you are drinking plently of water. I hope you enjoy your relaxing bath :smile:
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    jft. i'm almost out of calories due to a bigger breakfast. eek! So an hour of yoga is in order. stay under my carbs goal, i'm almost done with water already.

Yesterday, came close on my calories, over 84 calories. over by 9 carbs (yay!) swam 20 minutes instead of 30, which was disappointing, until i remembered that on monday i ate half a bag of cadbury chocolate. No wonder i felt awful yesterday!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Shopping was awful. My eldest has been a right pain in the neck today and I was at the end of my tether with her. So daddy held her hand round the shop and I pushed the trolley. Half way round we did have to swap because I just couldn’t push it anymore.
    Then I got such a bad case of Braxton Hicks I thought I was going into labour!
    I was so hot and sweating and my stomach was so sore and tight. Luckily found a seat and sat there for a moment. The cashiers were watching like “is this lady about to drop lol”
    But managed to compose myself and finished the shop.

You be careful Bex!!! Don't want you going into labour!!!! I think you are doing so great though with setting goals! Hope you have fun shopping for baby stuff! That is always so much fun! But hopefully today you rest a lot, and soak in that nice hot bath!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    Shopping was awful. My eldest has been a right pain in the neck today and I was at the end of my tether with her. So daddy held her hand round the shop and I pushed the trolley. Half way round we did have to swap because I just couldn’t push it anymore.
    Then I got such a bad case of Braxton Hicks I thought I was going into labour!
    I was so hot and sweating and my stomach was so sore and tight. Luckily found a seat and sat there for a moment. The cashiers were watching like “is this lady about to drop lol”
    But managed to compose myself and finished the shop.

You be careful Bex!!! Don't want you going into labour!!!! I think you are doing so great though with setting goals! Hope you have fun shopping for baby stuff! That is always so much fun! But hopefully today you rest a lot, and soak in that nice hot bath!

Haha I don’t want to go into labour!!

I’m really set on having a March baby lol! I like March.
    The goals are helping, although they’re not food related, it’s keeping me focused otherwise I feel a bit lost in the day and stuck of what to do next!
  • missheidi
    the chances of yoga class tonight are dim at best. All I can think about is sleep.
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,067 Member
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    @Bex953172 Sometimes you can have those cramps due to dehydration! With all the shopping and walking around, make sure you are drinking plently of water. I hope you enjoy your relaxing bath :smile:

Oh really? I’ll make sure I always have a bottle of water on me then :) see if that helps!
  • hadasul
    hadasul Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2018
    thursday jft 4.1.18-
    log while eating! - yes!
    stay within calorie goal - yes!
    buy a fitbit!(?) :smiley: - ordered one online :p:p
    go to sleep by 10:30 p.m. - nope

friday jft-
    log while eating
    stay within calorie goal
    go to sleep by 11 pm
    get rid of everything on red sofa so can donate it!
    don't buy anything online!
  • missheidi
    missheidi wrote: »
    the chances of yoga class tonight are dim at best. All I can think about is sleep.

I use these youtube classes all the time in the convenience of my tiny home..... Check some of them out.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=yoga+workout+for+small+spaces

i absolutely will! Idk if it's just still sugar detox ( i did eat half a bag of chocolate monday...) or getting back into school routine. I just feel like poo.
  • krissie8882017
    krissie8882017 Posts: 33 Member
    Happy New Year. This is a great post and looks really supportive and just what I'm looking for ☺️

I'd love to join ☺️

My January goals are
    1. To log absolutely everything I eat.
    2. To drink 8 glasses of water a day.
    3. Not to drink any alcohol.
    4. To exercise for 10 minutes every day to start with - building up to 20 minutes every day by the end of the month.
    5. To lose the weight that I put on over Christmas (7lb)
    6. To complete the 28 day Bootea Detox (even though I've been told it's a waste of time - I've already bought it!!!

The one I'm not doing so great at is number 2.

Good luck to everyone.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Today was slightly less good. I had a stressful and unproductive day at work and ended up leaving later than planned. Following this there were tube (subway!) issues which meant it took me ages to get home and additionally all the transport was overcrowded which made the journey stressful. As a result I really didn't feel like exercising when I got home.

HOWEVER despite all this I refrained from snacking/ over eating (and I did think about it on the way home) which I'm going to count as a win! Let's hope I can keep that up :wink: I'll do the exercise on Sunday instead.
    Today's commitments were -

- Log everything I eat :)
    - No snacks except Ryvita if hungry :D
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise kcals) :)
    - Leave work by 5.30 :/
    - Do exercise DVD :'(

Tomorrow's commitments are:

- Log everything I eat
    - No snacks except Ryvita if hungry
    - Be in the green (without eating back exercise kcals)
    - Go to gym before starting work
    - Go for walk at lunch (to maintain sanity!)
    - Ration access to work emails in order to get some b&oody work done!!!
    - Listen to music to boost mood
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    cportwine wrote: »
    My goal is to loose 4lbs and remain that way while I am quitting smoking. I gain 20lbs last time I quit and don't want to put it back on this time. So, I am focusing on exercise and eating healthy and not smoking. :) Here's to 2018...

I admire your goal to lose a reasonable amount of weight then do maintenance while you journey through such a challenge :smile: Welcome and remember we are here for you!!
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Water :)
    2. Satellite group :) The hostess made me a birthday cake! How sweet was that?
    3. Soup for dinner :)
    4. Work on Mark's quilt :) almost 1/3 done!
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Thursday
    1. Water
    2. Mammogram
    3. Pick up new glasses
    4. Lunch with girl friend
    5. Jewelery store for inspection
    6. Dinner with hubby
    7. Brush and floss
    8. Bed by 10:30