40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• QuikDogs
    QuikDogs Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    So yesterday, in the eyes of USA Weightlifting and also. USA Powelifting, I turned 60. (for competition purposes, on Jan 1 you are the age you will become in that calendar year. ) I am now officially in the “oh you’re still breathing? Great! Come to the National Champs” division. Kind of excited!

My old trainers comment was “only woman ever to be excited about turning 60!”
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    Day 1 of Project Sugar Expulsion is going well. BOOM!

;)
  • gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Chest"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got out for a lovely snowshoe after work. The weather was perfect and we were able to keep a pretty good pace! Felt so good to get outside and MOVE!
  • Holly1019
    Holly1019 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Would love to join..... don't know how. My name is Holly. I am 45. Try to eat healthy. Exercise daily. Enjoy working out. Love my gym family. Have lost about 145lbs.
  • ben24yorks
    ben24yorks Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well i'm 40 in a couple of months if thats ok :) Am really trying to get my body fat down to 10% to start with
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Cool Kids!

Welcome newbies! No special process to "join." Just jump right in and start posting about your commitment to getting healthier.

Max Hammer Strength today and a short (4 mile) run on the treadmill. It's pretty icky out there today so the treadmill to the rescue.

I usually look forward to this weekend's Kettle Krush 5K. It's the first race I ever did so it holds serious sentimental value to me. However, the weather is looking rather unpleasant for the race this year. I'm pretty sure I won't be seeing any PRs this time!

Have a great day, and stay warm!
  • BettyM1017
    BettyM1017 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    QuikDogs wrote: »
    So yesterday, in the eyes of USA Weightlifting and also. USA Powelifting, I turned 60. (for competition purposes, on Jan 1 you are the age you will become in that calendar year. ) I am now officially in the “oh you’re still breathing? Great! Come to the National Champs” division. Kind of excited!

My old trainers comment was “only woman ever to be excited about turning 60!”

Are you kidding?! I was thrilled to move up an age bracket in running, lol! I actually get to bring home extra bling occasionally, now that I'm "old." B)
  • gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Legs"=Done!
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    Options
    Got out for another snowshoe yesterday. Weather was about 11 degrees colder than the day before, but it was still okay once you were moving. Had to break trail, as we got a nice bunch of snow the night before. This morning temps are -30C and dropping with the wind chill, so no snowshoeing tonight. :(
  • DoloresWoelfling
    DoloresWoelfling Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I would love to join this group.I'm 55.and I need to get roughly 40 pounds off of this 4'11" body.... how do we join... I was on this site about a year ago and it has changed..... I lost about 30 lbs but unfortunately it has come back.. do to a lot of stress....mother of 5 plus grandmother to 5 and great grand mother to 10.
    And I need friends so please feel free to Add me

Thank you Dee
  • gam3rguy
    edited January 2018
    Options
    When you gotta keep your streak in Pokémon Go! No matter what!!

zgm1kwl0eu7r.png
    y3aqzwv6eq2u.png
    yyfpftllzy1p.jpeg
    hblzaao01etg.png
    dzuhlypdlqjs.png
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,946 Member
    Options
    This is day 3 of Project Sugar Expulsion. I bet I will be HANGRY by day's end, but I am sticking to the plan!!

My workouts are likely going to look like this:

M - cardio
    Tu - weights
    W - rest
    Th - yoga
    F - weights
    Sa - cardio
    Su - weights

I have a fancy ball at the end of January, so am really working hard to dump 5- lbs by then. And I am then going to be in good shape to keep cutting through Feb/Mar/Apr...to hit "goal weight".

My "goal weight" these days is still about 10 lbs UP from where I was 7- or 8- years ago....now that I am post-menopause, I don't think I can get that low and I am f-ing my mind by trying.

With the extra weight-lifting day, though, I hope my shoulder measurement comes up and my hip measurement goes down.

BOOM!
  • QuikDogs
    Options
    This stuff. Game changer! Get it!

83pounzr42cz.jpg
  • purpleannex
    purpleannex Posts: 61 Member
    Options

83pounzr42cz.jpg

...so a billion people before you have been perfect or even under weight by eating normal food in the correct amounts, and you think food needs to be reinvented? Ok...
  • QuikDogs
    Options

83pounzr42cz.jpg

...so a billion people before you have been perfect or even under weight by eating normal food in the correct amounts, and you think food needs to be reinvented? Ok...
    Or don’t. Your choice, sweetie. Love
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,718 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I would love to join this group.I'm 55.and I need to get roughly 40 pounds off of this 4'11" body.... how do we join... I was on this site about a year ago and it has changed..... I lost about 30 lbs but unfortunately it has come back.. do to a lot of stress....mother of 5 plus grandmother to 5 and great grand mother to 10.
    And I need friends so please feel free to Add me

Thank you Dee

Hi, Dee. I'm 63. The folks here are great and will be very helpful. Nothing to join - just check in here with your comments or questions. I'll send you a friend request.

There's also an over 50 group which you might find useful. Link below.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100593-over-50-group

• gam3rguy
    Options
    "Body Beast Bulk: Back"=Done!
  • IronPhyllida
    IronPhyllida Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hello hello - back here after injury induced absence.... Back to logging, and feeling invigorated.... Good luck with 2018.