Less alcohol- January 2018- one day at a time

Options

Replies

• salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    Hi. My car had to be towed today. In a way it is great! Can't be worked on until Tuesday. No way with this minus wind chill that we have today and for several days to get any alcohol!! YAY!!
  • SanDiegofitmom
    SanDiegofitmom Posts: 303 Member
    Options

Anyone else using a "reward" system?[/quote]

That’s a great idea. I sort of already rewarded myself (ha don’t tell my husband) with some Jcrew clothes on crazy sale. I figured hey I’m going to save like 180$ dollars or more this month!
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    I do like reward systems. I haven't figured out mine yet. :)
  • KareninLux
    KareninLux Posts: 1,413 Member
    Options
    Hoegaarden. Two.
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Count me in on this one. I haven't had any since new years, so want to keep it that way for a while.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I had a lovely Friday happy hour on the couch with my yummy h20! :lol:
  • erikNJ
    erikNJ Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options

Anyone else using a "reward" system?

My wife and I have a reward system. We set a percentage of weight loss goal for every two weeks. If we hit it we each get a little personal cash to save towards something for ourself.
  • missoularocks2018
    missoularocks2018 Posts: 16 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I went M-Th with no drinking and had two beers tonight. I had a Hefe and a wheat ale so at least they were lighter craft beers!
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    Options
    2 beers last night, but I declined to go for a drink with the other softball moms while the girls were at practice, so I’m counting it as a win.
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Goal — January under 7 drinks a week- for my health.....my mind.....my body....

1/1 =alcohol free
    1/2 = 4 wine spritzers
    1/3 =alcohol free
    1/4 =alcohol free
    1/5 =alcohol free while my husband must of drank almost 2 bottles of wine....I wasn't tempted, which was great!
    1/6 =
    1/7 =
    1/8 =
    1/9 =
    1/10 =
    1/11 =
    1/12 =
    1/13 =
    1/14 =
    1/15 =
    1/16 =
    1/17 =
    1/18 =
    1/19 =
    1/20 =
    1/21 =
    1/22 =
    1/23 =
    1/24 =
    1/25 =
    1/26 =
    1/27 =
    1/28 =
    1/29 =
    1/30 =
    1/31 =
  • MaryBethHempel
    MaryBethHempel Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    I’m in for a Damp January! LOL

I’ve been watching this thread since it’s inception. Truly have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and updates, and now I’m ready to join all of you! I drink primarily wine, and definitely have been wanting to cut back. We left for vacation yesterday and I left the wine I purchased for the trip at home and I don’t intend to purchase any while we are here. That’s a huge step for me. We’re here for 9 days and my plan is to use this time away to reflect on and to refocus on my overall goals (health, fitness, family, work).

There is so much great information, insights, and encouragement in this thread. Love it! Hope you all have the day you wish for!

Wow! Great step for you!! Enjoy your reflections!!