JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• crystalrenees27
    crystalrenees27 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    @asclepsia i live in Seattle.. What is the name of their restaurant? I would love to stop by and support. Good luck on your goals this year!

• Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Friday 1/5
    * Log all food and stay under calorie goal :( (didn't binge though!)
    * No alcohol and no smoking :s (but only 2 glasses of wine)
    * Put laundry away :(
    * Plan meals for next week :(
    * Meeting :)

Saturday/Sunday 1/6-1/7
    Super busy weekend so not many goals!
    * Log all food and stay under calorie goal
    * No alcohol except 2 drinks at comedy club
    * Put laundry away
  • sccjahab
    sccjahab Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    JFT:
    challenges and eliptical done
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Saturday report
    10k steps :/ so far 9.4 k, maybe 10k by bedtime
    Log calories :)
    Stay green, which is hard on a weekend. :/ Right now 82 cal over, but that's not bad given I spent 12 hours today at a high school robotics competition with only junk food around to eat.
    Eat more fruit. :) I brought and ate 1 banana and 2 clementines. Better than no fruit.

JFT Sunday
    Grocery shop for exciting but healthy foods.
    Make turkey chili
    Log calories
    Fast til noon
    Exercise!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »

3. look for and buy a new water bottle to see if that helps me in getting in my water! Thanks @MLHC1 for that suggestion! :/ I looked in the grocery store, and they were like $27.00!! Is this how much a water bottle costs! Going to look in Walmart next week .... surely they have some that are less expensive!

Wal-mart does have the best prices for water bottles. I paid around $15 For mine and it is a nice one that double locks and is condensation free. I buy my kiddos water bottles from Academy though. Since they are kids, they tend to lose them so we buy the Academy brand water bottle for $3. They work well and only leak if you tighten them to tight.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    9. Gym for Day 2 weights and steps to 10k. Try to get in some 3-min runs @ 7.0 with bursts of 7.5 m/h.
    10. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo, piano practice? blog post (Five Reasons to Improve Flexibility), script review.
    11. Groceries; enter Plated recipes for next week.
    12. Input goal and introduction to Hogwarts group.

Scale goals
    Dec 1 weigh-in: 176.6
    End of 2017: 174.6
    Jan 31 goal:
    169. That's a 1.5 lb/week drop from a start of 175, which makes the math a little easier!

Goal for 1/8: 173.5. Today: 176.4. It is SO good to see those numbers coming down again! And AFAIK there are no celebrations planned with lots of food. Feeling pretty stoked about the possibility of real progress.

Oh! And I got my VERY FIRST COMMENT on my blog, Fake It 'Til You Make It. That was super exciting - actually I'm probably more excited about that than is really warranted, but darnit, I'm going to take whatever positives I can get today!

I love your blog!! Do you know if there is a way to "save" this so I can come back and read it more? Lots of good reading there!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    9. Gym for Day 2 weights and steps to 10k. Try to get in some 3-min runs @ 7.0 with bursts of 7.5 m/h.
    10. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo, piano practice? blog post (Five Reasons to Improve Flexibility), script review.
    11. Groceries; enter Plated recipes for next week.
    12. Input goal and introduction to Hogwarts group.

Scale goals
    Jan 31 goal:
    169. That's a 1.5 lb/week drop from a start of 175, which makes the math a little easier!

Goal for 1/8: 173.5. Today: 176.4. It is SO good to see those numbers coming down again! And AFAIK there are no celebrations planned with lots of food. Feeling pretty stoked about the possibility of real progress.

Oh! And I got my VERY FIRST COMMENT on my blog, Fake It 'Til You Make It. That was super exciting - actually I'm probably more excited about that than is really warranted, but darnit, I'm going to take whatever positives I can get today!

I love your blog!! Do you know if there is a way to "save" this so I can come back and read it more? Lots of good reading there!

Thank you! Ummm... well, since you can only get to the blogs through a browser, can you bookmark it there? And I'll try to link the new posts in my updates. (If I can keep writing them, hahaha!)
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Checking in from Saturday:
    1. Prelog and eat only what's been prelogged. ❌
    2. Zumba was cancelled, yoga is next. ✔
    3. Beading event. ✔
    4. Coffee with friend. ✔
    5. Check in with mom about putting Christmas decorations away. ✔
    6. Check for reply email about computer refusing to start. Finish Unit 1 plans if possible. Avoid panicking; I HAVE EVERYTHING I NEED for Monday. I just don't have the plans written out in detail. Thank God I made all my student copies before trying to finish the lesson plans! ✔
    7. Email N to see what else I need to apply to their program. ❌
    8. Write up directions for diagnostic test. Will need to put them on the marker board if I can't get the computer to boot. Drat! ✔
    9. Gym for Day 2 weights ❌ and steps to 10k. Try to get in some 3-min runs @ 7.0 with bursts of 7.5 m/h. ✔
    10. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo ✔, piano practice ❌, blog post (Five Reasons to Improve Flexibility), script review. ❌
    11. Groceries; enter Plated recipes for next week. ❌
    12. Input goal and introduction to Hogwarts group. ✔

JFT Sunday:
    1. Prelog and eat only what's been prelogged.
    2. Get groceries.
    3. Gym for Day 2 weights and steps to 10k. Get in some 3-min runs @ 7.0 with bursts of 7.5.
    4. Email N to see what else I need to apply to their program.
    5. Complete all learning habits: Duolingo, piano practice, blog post (Five Ways to Reduce Snacking Temptations), script review.
    6. Prep lunches and breakfast for Monday. Chop more celery.
    7. Leave for play practice by 7:00.
    8. Check in BEFORE play practice; plan tomorrow's dinner; meds; teeth flossed/rinsed/brushed; in bed 15 minutes after return from practice.

Scale goals
    Jan 31 goal:
    176. That's a 1.5 lb/week drop from a start of 175, which makes the math a little easier!

Goal for 1/8: 173.5. Today: 176.4. I forgot to put "get to bed at a decent hour" on my JFT list and now it's after 11 and I'm still up XD
  • missheidi
    missheidi Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Well. It could have been worse.
    I didn't log anything. :|
    I ate lots of carbs. :|
    Drank almost all my water :/
    I did not eat actual sugar, like chocolate. :D
    Went grocery shopping and bought ingredients for vegetable soup for lunch this week. :p

Tomorrow:
    I will log everything.
    I will stay low carb: aiming for under 50
    Yoga video
    Make vegetable soup.
    Prep veggie snacks for the week.
    80 oz. Water
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    @joan6630 I think I'm past the point of a good night's sleep now lol! Its 4.45am here lol, I went to sleep at 1.30!
    Just thrown up from extreme heartburn! Never done that before, so I've just took my partners gaviscon and didn't even care lol
    Back on the sofa because I tend to sit/sleep more upright.
    Just 8 more weeks to go, that's all i keep telling myself lol
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,209 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    @joan6630 I think I'm past the point of a good night's sleep now lol! Its 4.45am here lol, I went to sleep at 1.30!
    Just thrown up from extreme heartburn! Never done that before, so I've just took my partners gaviscon and didn't even care lol

Oh no!! Does drinking milk help any?? I feel for you --- what we mothers go through! Counting the days for you! Hang in there! But I hope you can get some sleep. GIve your little ones the tablet again tomorrow morning so you can rest more ;)
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,079 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »

Oh no!! Does drinking milk help any?? I feel for you --- what we mothers go through! Counting the days for you! Hang in there! But I hope you can get some sleep. GIve your little ones the tablet again tomorrow morning so you can rest more ;)

It does.. but it takes ALOT of milk. Like 2pints for it to settle lol!
    Gaviscon works straight away, I already take medication for it which is supposed to stop acid production altogether but I must have forgotten to take them probably yesterday?

And today me and my partner shared some noodles which were so spicy!!! So probably why it feels like hell haha
  • penko47
    penko47 Posts: 236 Member
    Options

JFYesterday I will (1/6)
    1. 2mi run and 20 min on elliptical :)
    2. drink 6 bottles of water :)
    3. Get 16,500 steps :)
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat :)
    5. Stay green :)
    6. Survive second high stress work thing :D
    7. Do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups :)

Successful Yesterday not off to a great start today, but I can still focus on my eating.

JFToday I will (1/7)
    1. Lift and warm up run :/ lift but no run again... I might go run after work just to turn this face into a smile we will see I do not get off work until 9pm...
    2. drink 6 bottles of water
    3. Get 15,000 steps
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat
    5. Stay green
    6. Do 100 air squats throughout the workday
    7. Do 20 push ups and 30 sit ups

JFTomorrow I will (1/8)
    1. 25 min run and 20 min on elliptical
    2. drink 6 bottles of water
    3. Get 16,500 steps
    4. log EVERYTHING I eat
    5. Stay green
    6. Check Weight (Sundays are weigh in days for me... but I didn't make it into the gym this morning)
  • bcTRAI
    bcTRAI Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    bcTRAI wrote: »
    JFT Saturday
    1. Water :)
    2. Make lasagnes and freeze :) got 4 lasagnes into the freezer
    3. Miss C for sleepover :)
    4. Studio time :/ consistently forgetting how much time, energy, and attention young children take. I know it but then I plan to do too much while they're here. Somethings gotta give :D
    5. Brush and floss :)
    6. Bed by 10:30 :)

JFT Sunday
    1. Water
    2. Miss C home
    3. Groceries
    4. Laundry
    5. Brush and floss
    6. Bed by 10:30