Peanut Butter makes me sad...

Options
I'm always a little deflated when I realize how little peanut butter 30 grams turns out to be. It's barely enough for 1/2 a sandwich and with 1 slice of breads logs in at just shy of 250 calories.

But today I decided it was worth it.

Replies

• GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I have some on my bread every single day. Still looking forward to having it each day! I don't care for cookies, chips or any of it if this is on the menu.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I switched to powdered peanut butter, I use the chocolate one too. I like it
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    PB2 is an alternative for us PB lovers!
  • sjb050
    sjb050 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Where I live in Ohio Kroger sells the best peanut butter. it is called Roasted peanuts with honey. Serving size 180 calories and 11 gym carbohydrates. I eat a sandwich every day
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I also do powdered pb...maybe if it's not as tasty as you like, you could mix together1/2 real and 1/2 powdered?
  • KelijonesRN
    KelijonesRN Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have seen the powdered PB that's been mentioned above. I can't wrap my mind around how it works. Is it just the flavor? I'm trying to imagine my poor bread with sprinkles of powdered flavored PB. THAT makes me sad.
  • chellycakes
    chellycakes Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Yes. It’s a 2:1 ratio of water to powder. I was really unsure so I made brownies (it was a “healthier” version, please don’t judge lol) so that If I didn’t like the taste it wouldn’t be the star of the show like a peanut butter sandwich would be. If you’re unsure you can try a smoothie with it!! The chocolate pb is pretty tasty
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I use PB2 with Chocolate exactly for that reason. Peanut Butter calories are ridiculous.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,423 Member
    Options
    I'm always a little deflated when I realize how little peanut butter 30 grams turns out to be. It's barely enough for 1/2 a sandwich and with 1 slice of breads logs in at just shy of 250 calories.

But today I decided it was worth it.

If it is worth it to you at that time is the important part.

I get regular old peanut butter and feel okay with 32 grams for a sandwich (made with 2 slices of normal whole what bread) occasionally. Peanut butter is not devoid of all nutrients. It tastes good and is fairly satisfying.

I could eat a whole big bowl of guacamole and an actual portion size that would fit my calorie goal and let me eat other food looks a bit sad so I don't eat it daily. Sometimes it is worth it.
    I used to eat a lot of saltine crackers. They are rarely worth the calories.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    KeliJones wrote: »
    I have seen the powdered PB that's been mentioned above. I can't wrap my mind around how it works. Is it just the flavor? I'm trying to imagine my poor bread with sprinkles of powdered flavored PB. THAT makes me sad.

Yes you mix it with water to make it pastey.
    A lower cal alternative.