Peanut Butter makes me sad...

Options

Replies

• Trixsterfan
    Trixsterfan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Meridian crunchy peanut butter is the best, try rice crackers or water biscuits, take with at least 2 glasses of water, filling and good for you.
  • Trixsterfan
    Trixsterfan Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    KeliJones wrote: »
    I have seen the powdered PB that's been mentioned above. I can't wrap my mind around how it works. Is it just the flavor? I'm trying to imagine my poor bread with sprinkles of powdered flavored PB. THAT makes me sad.

Yes you mix it with water to make it pastey.
    A lower cal alternative.

But its processed.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    I have seen the powdered PB that's been mentioned above. I can't wrap my mind around how it works. Is it just the flavor? I'm trying to imagine my poor bread with sprinkles of powdered flavored PB. THAT makes me sad.

A lower cal alternative.

But its processed.

whats your point...? ITs made with peanutflour, Same as normal peanutbutter. Are you saying peanutbutter isnt processed...?
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options

A lower cal alternative.

But its processed.

No...fat is just removed. Do you want alternatives...help or magically hate peanut butter?
  • kemoon0915
    kemoon0915 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I've actually recently found out that 1 tablespoon on a Quaker lightly salted rice cake is really good and satisfying. I actually put the rice cake on a scale and zero it out and then measure out in grams the amount of peanut butter so it's a lot easier
  • dadsafrantic
    dadsafrantic Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    i love chunky peanut butter and a stick of boudin sourdough. just give me a spoon. if it isn't sourdough from the sf bay area you might as well use rye bread.
  • Katus130
    Katus130 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I’m a peanut butter addict and i pb toast a few times a week for breakfast. I’ve found that the jiff whips offer me a lot more volume for spreading. I know it’s not the all natural stuff and is loaded with sugar but I love it.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Katus130 wrote: »
    I’m a peanut butter addict and i pb toast a few times a week for breakfast. I’ve found that the jiff whips offer me a lot more volume for spreading. I know it’s not the all natural stuff and is loaded with sugar but I love it.

Yes.....another good option! Forgot the whips :)
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Katus130 wrote: »

I made this one because I tend to cycle through 3 standard breakfast items and was considering adding peanut butter on toast. I think it would be great for that, but too much for me to grab as a snack. Honestly, I could eat hundreds of calories worth without even trying.

I hadn't thought of the whips either, but it's a good idea.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I’m the opposite. I find 30g more than enough. Especially if you’re making 1/2 a sandwich.

Who eats just half a sandwich? :huh:

I don't even buy peanut butter anymore, i have no restraint. I used to add around 20g to my smoothies, but all i got out of that was extra calories and no peanut buttery taste, as 20g is a pathetically small amount! :sad:
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    What makes me sad is the serving size. 2T wouldn't be bad, but when I weigh it, it's more like 1 very slightly rounded T per 32g. I do still eat pb most days, though, since peanut and tree nut butters are my favorite form of overt fats and my dietary fat level does tend to be a little low most days.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I bake my own bread in a 1-lb loaf. A vertical slice provides less surface area than a regular 2-lb loaf of store bread. It's denser, too, so a thin slice of 30+ grams is more firm than a big fluffy white slice of 26 g from the store. All that said, 30 grams of peanut butter is plenty for my little slice of homemade bread. I add about 10 grams or so of molasses or honey to it and have a tasty little snack.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    It makes me sad too because it is lethal to my son with peanut allergies and therefore not in my diet anymore :'(
  • Christine_72
    edited January 2018
    Options

• Christine_72
    Options
    I just ordered this peanut butter flour from i-herb, I hope it's good!

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

I use protein plus peanut flour, Game changer :p Seems no one knew peanut flour existed the PB2 rage had taken over, Peanut flour is cheaper and delicious and no more work. Super glad i tried it myself and have been poking people to since lol. Stock up when you like it before they realize its becoming the new thing and prices rise XD
  • Christine_72
    Options
    JaydedMiss wrote: »

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

I use protein plus peanut flour, Game changer :p Seems no one knew peanut flour existed the PB2 rage had taken over, Peanut flour is cheaper and delicious and no more work. Super glad i tried it myself and have been poking people to since lol. Stock up when you like it before they realize its becoming the new thing and prices rise XD

And it was only $8 (AUD), can't argue with that!
  • MeteoraTitanium
    MeteoraTitanium Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have peanut butter on rice cakes. Less calories and takes longer to eat because it's dry as hell.
  • JaydedMiss
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

No one uses peanut flour their all obsessed with PB2 its literally the same thing without the added sugar/cocoa. Seriously the price is going to rise the more of us who realize that xD
  • Christine_72
    edited January 2018
    Options

fv4z05kl4zrm.jpg

No one uses peanut flour their all obsessed with PB2 its literally the same thing without the added sugar/cocoa. Seriously the price is going to rise the more of us who realize that xD

PB2 is $20 for the 454g jar in the shops here, flippan highway robbery!