The Poo Thread!

Options

Replies

• mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Up until some health issues that have caused me some major gut problems and severe constipation, for me a regular schedule was once every 3-4 days. Never felt bloated or icky. Easily had 25-35g of fibre in my diet, plenty of water, etc.; it was just my normal. Then again, I weighed 160kg / 350lbs at the time, so a bit of backup in the pipes wasn't as noticable. The more weight I lost, the more it affected me.

I'm also glad someone brought up the squatty potty, since I'd been wondering what the reviews were like. I just wonder if it'll make me poop rainbows like the unicorn in the advertisement :D
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    wizzybeth wrote: »
    This is one of the more weird Threads I've been in

yeah well it's more interesting than talking about "how can I get more protein again"
    (well if you ask me) I feel like good dueces are NOT appreciated enough in this society!!!

and like this lovely points out- people are hesitant to discuss or ask!!!
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I think this is quite an excellent thread, on a health/fitness site: I suspect many people wonder if they're normal, but hesitate to ask.

It's probably my inner li'l ol' lady breaking out, but I don't understand why so many people hesitate to discuss things that literally every (healthy) person does. Discuss in the right situation only, of course!

^^ EXACTLY!!! TOTALLY THE POINT!!!!

ALSO- keeping in line with poop- squatty potty anyone? I know it's life changing for some people- I felt "meh" about it- but I could get one when I wind up with some spare change lying around (that's not a real thing by the way)- but yes- I may pick one up in a little bit- they aren't expensive- I know about 5 people who swear by them.

Thoughts?

I would like to hear from people who use the squatty potty too! I have one sitting in my Amazon shopping cart, but haven't placed the order yet. I'm wondering how something so basic/straightforward can make such a huge difference??

I have the squatty potty and love it. I have IBS and have issues with incomplete emptying and it really helps with that (son also has IBS and has same issue, also likes squatty potty for the same reason). When the IBS is flaring, that is. When the IBS is flaring, I can go up to 5-6 times a day.

When the IBS isn't flaring, I'm a once a day, first thing in the morning after a cold glass of water type.
    Rocbola wrote: »
    I've had my Squatty Potty for 2 years. I'd highly recommend it.

Oooohhhh I am so excitement for mine to arrive! It's like Christmas :laugh:
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    aeloine wrote: »
    I've really been wanting one but I've had my eye on one of the fancy bamboo ones and can't bring myself to actually splurge on it.

I spent 20 bucks on mine, it's like the picture i posted above.

I'm not sure if the fancy bamboo ones will make you go any better :tongue: Besides, no one else but you will see it. I'm not planning to leave mine permanently in the loo, not up for curious visitors questions lol
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Is this the type of squatty potty y'all are talking about, or is there a super duper one i haven't seen yet? I'm still stuck on the how can something so simple be so helpful.

bpq4j0ssuvxm.jpg

Yeo, this s what we have
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

SO NEW POOP TOPIC!!!
    Since it's relevant to my butt right now- who gets the nervous poops?
    I said earlier I was pretty regular.... unless I'm nervous- or shark week.

I'm nervous- I've been like 5 or 6 times- and not the good kind- like the I bought extra huggies kind. just a mess. Although- I am looking now at my page- my fiber is low- but I still think nervous poops- I am not eating that unusually. I would say my fiber is typically not insanely high even though I eat a fair bit of veggies. i mean 19 grams of fiber isn't insanely high- but it's not low.

shrug- anyway- nervous pooping- lets' talk about that! any issues? fixes? solutions?
    dym1 wrote: »
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    For anyone interested in the Squatty Potty, my mom has one and she says it's a major game changer. Her boyfriend's entire family got them as gifts a few years ago from one of the kids who is a chiropractor. My mom is 55 and says it helps a lot because it re-positions your body and makes it easier to go. It looks like a real simple piece but I guess it's awesome. She said 10/10, would recommend.

I've been wanting to get one, but my bathroom is so freakin' small, don't think I'll have room for it.

they fit around the base of the toilet- they pretty much take up zero room when not in use.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Awesome thread @JoRocka
    I usually go once a day, though I do occasionally skip a day or have a twofer day. Sometimes I wake up in the morning ready to go, but mostly I get up, brush my teeth while walking around my apartment, and then go. I honestly believe the walking gets everything going for me.

It's such a disappointment when you really feel like you have to go, like really, maybe even grab some reading material, and all you get is a tiny little nugget. It's like, really body? We went through all of this for that little thing? It couldn't wait till tomorrow's regularly scheduled delivery?

I have not experienced nervous poops, I have experienced TOM increased activity and unique poops.

As the book says, everybody poops!
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,019 Member
    Options
    I usually go every day, no particular time, it varies - and sometimes twice daily and sometimes miss a day .
    Bit of an all rounder, me B)

I never realised anyone took photos :o except for medical reasons, let alone texted them to each other or shared them on Rate my Poo websites
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    At least once a day unless I am taking certain medications which can slow things down.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    @kimny72 WHAT"S WORSE- when you have a ghost poo- you know you pooped- but it's clean TP- and NOTHING IN THE BOWL.

That's weird. I know I"m not the only one!

Nope, you're definitely not the only one. They're known as "invisipoos" in this house.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Invispoos, I'm going to start calling them that.

They are irritating but not a s much as sticky poos.

They cost a fortune in time and loo roll
  • Laurahenson29
    Laurahenson29 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Anxiety brings on the runs for me. My tummy gets nervous and I must be by the toilet.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    This might be offensive to some:
    https://burningannie.com/features/shitlist.html
  • PWRLFTR1
    PWRLFTR1 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    gvizzle74 wrote: »
    Daily, around 10:00 a.m....and since i started adding chia seeds to my diet...they're glorious. Like, if my poops were a person, she'd have a firm handshake and you'd believe her when she told you she'd work hard to get you the best mortgage rate she could.

Wow, that is some impressive poo
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options

That is hilarious :D
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options