Fit For Future Families - August 2011

Options

Replies

• jalara
    jalara Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    not everyone is as crazy as me wanting multiples. :)

I am!

Pam - I hope it's nothing serious - update us soon to let us know how you're feeling!

Welcome everyone who is new! Fair warning - this board gets pretty quiet from Friday - Sunday :)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm so ready for multiples....LOL Even my Mom is starting to say she'd be fine with twins (she's expecting to do a lot of babysitting for us and didn't want to have to deal with more than one....LOL) - not triplets though, she's very adament!!!

I don't think it was a cyst since it never got really bad just constant pressure or when I bent/twisted....It just seems to have faded away as the day has gone on. Only thing I could think of was maybe the pop that I drank yesterday was causing gas (pain) and the pressure has alleviated over the day, but I don't think so (mainly cause it was on one side and because I haven't really had any noticeable need to "alleviate pressure").

Feeling pretty normal right now....this is definitely one of those times I wish I had that home lab/ultrasound so I could see what was actually going on....
  • kah78
    kah78 Posts: 391 Member
    Options

Feeling pretty normal right now....this is definitely one of those times I wish I had that home lab/ultrasound so I could see what was actually going on....

Yeah! Forget all this Captain America superhero stuff! We need our own superhero with magical lab/ultrasound abiliites. Special bonus if they can actually talk to our lady bits and make them do what we want them to do, and/or make us forget about the 2ww. Name suggestions are being taken as of now, as well as any other special abilities you would like to see added.
  • clydeisme
    Options
    Hi Ladies, My name is Bonnie and I really hope it would be ok if I join you all.

A little about myself, I have a 9 month old baby girl who means the world to me. My husband and I have been married for almost a year, the 29th of this month to be exact. We surprised our family and friends and got married at our baby shower. We want to start trying for another baby soon but I really want to be closer to my goal weight. With my daughter I was about 40lbs overweight when I got pregnant and then adding more weight because of the pregnancy I've been pretty depressed. I have a lot of weight to loose before we start trying and in a perfect world I would like to have a BFP before my daughter is 1&1/2. So thinking about all the weight I would like to loose and then the process of trying scares me. We call our baby girl a miracle because my husband was told by his Doctors that his chances of fathering a child was very slim because of medical reasons. I'm in much need of motivation and support, and on the flip side I'm a great cheerleader for others. I love encouraging others and being able to be there for support through good times and bad times.

I'm very thankful for MFP and all the wonderful people who I'm getting the chance to meet!
    Cheers!!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options

Yeah! Forget all this Captain America superhero stuff! We need our own superhero with magical lab/ultrasound abiliites. Special bonus if they can actually talk to our lady bits and make them do what we want them to do, and/or make us forget about the 2ww. Name suggestions are being taken as of now, as well as any other special abilities you would like to see added.

I just snorted a little bit of water out my nose. I had a picture of a burly man in tights bent over just talking to some poor lady's special bits telling them to help her forget about 14 days......LOL As for name - I will certainly think about it....I have some silly ones floating around (superMEN short for menstruation), but there has to be an awesome one..... Other special abilities should include being able to tell us the exact right time to conceive and being able to tell immediately if there is an issue (no more of this one year nonsense!!!)

Welcome Bonnie!!!
  • thedestar
    thedestar Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I would really love to join your thread, if you don't mind.

My name is Destiny. I've been married for 3 years and I have a 15 month old daughter. My husband and I decided in May that we wanted to start trying for another baby. I was about 35- 40 lbs heavier when I got pregnant the first time, and I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes. Luckily I was able to control it with my diet and never had to be on insulin. That is one of the main things that made me want to try and lose weight. But I still have about 20 more lbs I'd like to lose. I love the support I've gotten from MFP and I thought it would be really fun to support other ladies in similar situations :bigsmile: I don't know what all of the abbreviations mean so you'll have to bare with me :laugh:
  • jalara
    Options
    Clyde – welcome! Did I see you on the pregnancy board? Congrats on the upcoming anniversary – ours in on the 22nd. I hope you can find what you need here on our thread – everyone is wonderful here. :smile: Tell us more about your surprise shower-wedding!

Pam – I’m glad you’re feeling better!

Destiny – welcome to you as well! Congrats on your 25 lb loss so far! For the abbreviations – if you look back through my posts a couple of pages (from my profile page) there is a HUGE list of them – we don’t use them all but it should help!

Karen – I actually laughed out loud at the super hero talking to our lady bits! But I concur – we need a our own hero! Additionally – I think that baby dust should be like kryptonite – that stuff bugs me! (Either that or it should fart it - just for comedic effect). :devil:
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow...this thread really represents what life is made of: the joys and celebrations, the tears, the tough choices, the day-to-day stuff. Much love to all of you (even though I really don't know you at all). It is great to see a group of ladies supporting each other through this phase of life.

Jalara--again, so sorry you're going through this. No words of wisdom. I'm glad you have lots of love and support here, though.

Julia--very tough decision. DH and I have never had to be separated like that while married, but we lived on different continents for two years while dating/engaged. We did fine...we communicated every day, and saw each other in person twice (total of two weeks) during that time. BUT...personally, I never want to do it again. Especially now that we're married and have a child. I can't imagine him not being around to see her learn and grow. And adding a pregnancy/birth/newborn into the mix would take it to a whole new level. But I know plenty of military families who have had no choice about it. My DH's brother was deployed for 18 months, and missed the whole first year of his daughter's life. I'm sure they would have wished for something different, but they had no choice. And long-term, they are fine and happy now. He did manage to make it there for the birth, so they at least got to share that as a family. Anyway...just sharing my thoughts. Definitely a tough one!

Ashley--huge congrats to you!! :heart:

Was it someone in this thread who asked about caffeine while TTC or when pregnant? (If not, sorry...) What we were taught in pharmacy school is that up to 300mg of caffeine/day is safe while TTC, pregnant or breastfeeding. I personally think that is a lot (although not unsafe), because I don't usually have that much on a normal basis. I did not limit caffeine while TTC (had maybe 150mg/day). When I found out I was pregnant, I pretty much cut out all caffeine in the first trimester, and then had maybe 100mg/day after that, and while breastfeeding.

About the prenatals--Jalara, I think the idea of splitting the prenatals is a good one. I did that some. Also, a prenatal without iron should help with the stomach upset. If iron is needed, it can always be added in later, but not everyone will need iron supplementation.

I'm sure there's more I wanted to comment on, but it's tough to keep up! And I don't know you all well enough yet. But thanks for the welcome! Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

AFM:
    I have been on vacation since Wednesday. My sister and her kids were in town visiting. We had a great time, but I've enjoyed a nice, quiet afternoon today. Grace has taken a loooong nap--probably 3 hours now. So far, so good with my goals for this week. I bought Wii Zumba yesterday and tried it out last night--fun, but I felt pretty silly. Other than that, it's business as usual for me.

Kimberly :flowerforyou:
  • sdavisneill
    sdavisneill Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Y'all are cracking me up today! :laugh: Just what I needed.

Welcome Bonnie & Destiny.

Workout 1 of 2 done for tonight (yoga & strength for me & then to the gym later with DH for cardio), yay!
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Hi! I was hoping it would be okay if I jumped in here. My husband and I aren't actively trying to get pregnant right now, but one of the biggest reasons I want to lose weight is that I want to be healthy before I have kids (partially because my mom tells me over and over that if I don't do it before I have a baby, I never will). We go back and forth as to when specifically we want to start trying (anywhere from "Now!" to 3 years... but if I lose weight in a healthy-but-fast way, it will be in about a year) My husband is also trying to get healthy, but he (is a lucky *kitten* who I adore) has a really high metabolism... He eats mainly junk, primarily because he can, which unfortunately tends to mean that WE eat mostly junk... except I can't afford to do it weight wise either. I was just kind of hoping to find some other people with similar goals to talk to while I work on this.
  • clydeisme
    Options
    Thank you ladies for welcoming me!

@ Jalara no I wasn't on a pregnancy board, if you did see me on one It was because I was lost lol. I'm very new to MFP (been on for 3 weeks) and having a very hard and slow time trying to figure everything out.

My baby shower turned into our wedding day because three weeks before we decided it would be the best place to do it since everyone we cared about would have been already there. We we're planning on having our wedding in the fall of this year but then found out we were expecting and moved up the date.

I am crossing my fingers to have a wedding vow renew ceremony in the next few years. I always dreamed of having a big wedding and would hate to never get the chance to try on wedding dresses.

Cheers!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! I just found this thread and I hope to join you all in your journey! I am on my phone right now so I will post a formal intoduction tomorrow! But this way I can find the thead easier! Happy Friday!!
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hey girls, i'm just checking in before we head out camping, but wanted to stop in and thank all of you for the well wishes!
    Jalara, i knew you'd be happy for me because you're sweet like that, but i had still felt horrible having to share the news while you were/are dealing with everything. I wish you and all the ladies on here an speady BFP and hope to see you all on the pregnancy board.
    Ashley
  • lmr9
    lmr9 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Was it someone in this thread who asked about caffeine while TTC or when pregnant? (If not, sorry...) What we were taught in pharmacy school is that up to 300mg of caffeine/day is safe while TTC, pregnant or breastfeeding. I personally think that is a lot (although not unsafe), because I don't usually have that much on a normal basis. I did not limit caffeine while TTC (had maybe 150mg/day). When I found out I was pregnant, I pretty much cut out all caffeine in the first trimester, and then had maybe 100mg/day after that, and while breastfeeding.

Yes, that was me on this thread asking about caffeine. Thanks for responding!! So, how many mg are in one cup of coffee? Right now I drink two cups of coffee per day, and am actively TTC. Once I get pregnant, I plan to cut it out altogether. Really just want to be sure it's not hurtiing my chances of TTC. Thanks!!
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! Happy Saturday! I am bound and determined to post SOMETHING everyday....you guys got me thru my weight loss (and gain) last year...so I'm thinking that you are my secret weapon!

Ashley - have an awesome time camping!! I hope I didn't miss it but I remember jalara asking for details on how you told ur hubs!! Have u told your family?? Details lady!!

Karen - I'm w u on the super hero! Haha I LOVE that idea! I'll be pondering a good name for him...how about Cycleops (cycle + opportunity....since he will be guiding the best opportunity to get preggo in your cycle!)

AFM - I made an executive financial decision and am putting my personal training sessions on hold...it's $120 a month for 30 mom a week and at this point I have worked out with her enough to know what I should be doing and I am no longer seeing the benefit. Plus my schedule is getting ready to be changing when school starts for me so it will be a lot harder to find time to meet w her. So that's an extra $120 this month and $250 towards Hawaii! (I was planning on "buying out" of it next month which would be $250 so instead I'm going to just put it on hold, talk to my hubs and revisit it in 3 months and decide if I want to start back up or just buy out of it) I am going to buy a yoga ball and start using that daily. That is one of the main pieces of equipment we use during my sessions so I figure it will be good for now AND after I get preggo.
    It's only 11am here and I have already dropped my dog off at the groomers, washed/vacuumed my car and cycled thru a load of dishes! I feel VERY accomplished! I love weekends where I have absolutely NOTHING going on! My MIL will be here in 3 weeks so I have to get all my projects done (finish painting my hutch and my hubs's beer pong table) so that next weekend can be devoted to cleaning and last minute preparations! I'm actually looking forwRd to my weigh in on Monday...I've done some mid-week weigh in's and it's been very motivating!!
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Ok, soooo....here is my introduction, as promised!

My name is Jammie. My husband and I got married almost 3 years ago, and i had been on bcp since my daughter was born when I was 18. She is now 15(OMGosh!) and desperately wants to be a big sister! lol I went off bcp just before the wedding, I was very nieve about how things worked, so I didn't want to risk getting pg before the wedding. If only I'd known...lol But I am much more educated on the subject now, and charted for about 2 years before I gave up. I still chart on Fertility Friend, but I don't get the VIP and I don't temp. I also buy ovulations tests on occasion, but I know my indicators enough now that I can pretty much keep track without all that. My husband got tested last year, and he has a low count, but he does have a count. I mean, really 3 MILLION of something is low? haha I only need ONE!!!!

Anyway, I knew I had been steadily gaining weight over the years and never really stuck with any kind of routin. But this last Christmas I was 196lbs. I.was.floored. I was 135 when I met hubby. It was my turning point. I was heavier than when I was 9 months pg with my daughter. So, here I am! I've stuck with this since January, and I couldn't be more proud of myself. I'm hoping this will help my chances of getting pg, I have wanted another baby for so long now! I think I started getting baby fever when my daughter was about 8. So, yeah, its about freakin' time!!

I'm so glad I found you guys! I hope to learn even more from you wonderful ladies!
  • jsmith2377
    jsmith2377 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Thanks for all the advice. Sorry I haven't been able to be on here much this week. I just started back this week to teaching so I've been super tired and super stressed with all this questioning of what is going to be happening over the next year.
    DH and I had a hard time for a few days with me being seriously angry/upset. The breaking point came when he said 'Well, maybe we just shouldn't be having another one right now then'. Insert broken heart.
    For now, it looks like he will be going. We just found out that our city has recently been ranked the WORST city in the nation for housing. Over 20% of all houses for rent sit open. Geez. For now, we are making preps for him to go. I've told him I want everything ready before he leaves, including crib built. I am not handy and will not be putting anything together while he is gone. LOL.
    We're going to start trying this month. I've bought the ovulation test strips and we're hoping it happens the first month. Hoping everyone has a great weekend.
  • KHaverstick
    KHaverstick Posts: 308 Member
    Options

Yes, that was me on this thread asking about caffeine. Thanks for responding!! So, how many mg are in one cup of coffee? Right now I drink two cups of coffee per day, and am actively TTC. Once I get pregnant, I plan to cut it out altogether. Really just want to be sure it's not hurtiing my chances of TTC. Thanks!!

The average cup of coffee has about 100mg of caffeine, depending on how strong you make it. Two cups should be fine.
  • MightyMae1
    MightyMae1 Posts: 208
    Options
    Well, I'm still here, though I haven't said much since joining (sorry). It's kind of hard to keep up with this thread, it moves so fast!

I'm kind of excited because AF showed up this morning. (I know, weird, right?! ) But, I think I might have actually mastered this charting thing. I read TCOYF, and this is my 4th cycle of charting. My cycles are still really long (41 days), but I was pretty sure that I ovulated this cycle based on what the book says are the signs. (Is that even possible with a 41 day cycle?) Then I went back through the last month and put all my morning BBTs into Fertility Friend (thanks for the suggestions) and FF predicted that my ovulation would occur on the same day that I thought it had! (That's a good sign, right?) I tried to look back at my charts and figure out when I would get AF and I was right on! So, based on all that, do you girls think it's possible that I really ovulated this month? I mean, that's still an awfully long cycle and I really don't want to get my hopes up, but after a year of anovulatory cycles, this is like HUGE news for me.

On the "boo" side of things: I have gained almost 10 lbs. in two weeks. I think about 5 lbs of it is water retention....Here's hoping, but right now my shoes are too tight and my bras don't fit. I HAVE to get this weight back off. *Whoa!!!* Suggestions?
  • jalara
    Options
    Hey ladies - I'll reply to you all in a little bit - Mae, would you be willing to share the link to your chart so we can take a look at it? It would give us a better idea :)