Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    This thread should be stickied :lol:
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Also: I totally want a squatty potty! Our toilets are kind of high, and I’m really short (5’1”), so my feet almost dangle when I sit on the throne, and only tippy toes when I really hafta do some work. It’s not super comfortable and I think a squatty potty would make my experience much more marvelous! :smiley:
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm so jealous of most of you. I only go once (maybe twice) a week. However, I read this thread yesterday and ... yep, I pooped last night! Woohoo! And I lost @ 3 lbs. So, that's good. :D
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. <3
  • mburgess458
    mburgess458 Posts: 480 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Chia seeds. <3

I put Chia seeds in my steel cut oats... and drink coffee with it. I have clogged 2 toilets already today.

I go at least twice a day, often 3 times.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds. <3

I put Chia seeds in my steel cut oats... and drink coffee with it. I have clogged 2 toilets already today.

I go at least twice a day, often 3 times.

I made steel cut oatmeal with chia seeds this week since I didn't have enough ingredients to make my usual coconut flour pancakes. Holy cow, it's been a very productive few days. It's like I've leveled up my poop game. Ready player #2!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,195 Member
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    Several times a day, nearly as often as I urinate - can't say I've ever counted! Varying volume, but usually the most satisfying volume within an hour after having oatmeal and coffee (which I have nearly every day for either breakfast or lunch).

I used to suffer (literal pain) routinely from IBS-C, and be on an every other day or less schedule. Technically, I presume I still have IBS, but I'm very, very happy that it now rarely expresses itself. There's no countervailing . . . urgency . . . now, either (unless I'm ill or something, of course). I'm happy. ;)

Most days, I eat 10+ veggie/fruit servings, 25-50g fiber in a day's food. That's not the full explanation for recovery, of course.

Quoting myself for continuity, and to say this:

Dang you people: You made me curious, I had to count.

Seems to be 6-7 times daily, not necessarily all high volume, but good structural integrity, and a nice 'baby bear bed' consistency: Not too hard, not too soft. ;)
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    How many grams of chia seeds do you guys use? I usually add 15g to a dish, and i've never had any noticeable results. Maybe i'm not having enough??
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Dang, Freud was born 150 years too early. Just think of the psych theorys he could have drawn from this group and our fascination with poop and pooping!! LOL
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Average 8-9 times a week, once a day + a bonus here or there. Strange shapes due to surgery years ago.
    No need for a squatty potty now, but as I get older and my arthritis gets worse, considering a "right height" potty.
    May need a squatty potty to go with it.
  • MeganMcK11
    MeganMcK11 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Once to twice a day usually. Always early in the morning. Then the other time is all over the place- (As far as time is concerned)I am pretty good about using the toilet. ;)
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    JerSchmare wrote: »
    I just poop when I need to poop. It doesn’t need to be analyzed. Like, do you think about how many times you breathe? It’s just weird. Just poop when you need to poop. Bears don’t worry about it. They just go when they need to go.

You of all people should know how important pooping is to some people! :lol:@JerSchmare
  • Zulu87
    Zulu87 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I have IBS-D so it depends on the day but it's usually a party 2-6 times in the morning and throughput the day if I have a flareup
  • myfitnesspal383
    myfitnesspal383 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I don’t have a Squatty Potty, but I have a little step stool under the sink and just use that to elevate my feet. And I’m a once a dater mostly
  • Westschmeis
    Westschmeis Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I don’t have a Squatty Potty, but I have a little step stool under the sink and just use that to elevate my feet. And I’m a once a dater mostly

Freud would have loved that one. LOL
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I poo about every 90 minutes while awake, and have to wake up once at night to go again so I never get a full nights sleep. So far my docs haven’t found anything abnormal so I guess it’s “normal”!

?? how do you get things done and go places? lol

I go once a day at the minimum. Depends on a lot of things.