JUST FOR TODAY ....... One day at a time ..... Daily Commitment Thread for 2018

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    My stomach has been so sore today, like my actual stomach, anything I eat or drink (even water) makes it hurt for a little bit after as soon as if reached it, it feels very tender and sensitive.

Pretty sure it's not baby-related but was wondering if anyone has had this before (it's possible I've ate something dodgy yesterday but I've not felt sick at all but do feel "off") and what can i do to soothe it? I tried peppermint tea this morning but it didnt really help, like I said even water makes it hurt?

The days nearly over here but any advice is welcomed!

Ginger tea, Ginger ale, sprite, crackers (plain saltines), maybe a Gatorade or Propel. Sometimes chicken broth helps. I had food poisoning back in September and all I could do was sip on those drinks and occasionally eat a few crackers. I stayed on a blan diet for a few days until I felt better. (Things like toast, bananas, applesauce, crackers, chicken broth, etc).

I hope you can get some rest and feel better soon. :heart:
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    2) Walk in Frenzy on the Fox 5K at 7 p.m. Race on paved trail, conditions unknown after yesterday's melting snow, rain, dropping temps & snow. Trail will be plowed, hope it is salted. Not sure if event is timed, will track with MapMyWalk. Goal <50 minutes.

I didn't know this was tonight! Good luck! Brrrr. It's so cold and windy today, I don't know how y'all do it! :smiley: Especially if you're walking on the river walk!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    @Bex953172 I don't remember ever having that where it actually hurt. I've had it make me nauseous, like with the stomach flu and I've had pains in my gut that jab for no reason but then stop right away, but not pains from just drinking water or eating something. I hope it passes! Did you try coating your stomach with milk, perhaps? I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so lousy! Sending you hugs across the big body of water between us! xoxox
  • chemjenny
    chemjenny Posts: 75 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Deleting duplicate post.
  • DRBuchholz
    DRBuchholz Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Ok so I don't remember what I posted last but I haven't been hitting my goals except staying green.
    Just for Saturday 1/13
    Wake up at 6
    Exercise
    Meeting
    Meet step goal
    Stay green and keep macros inline
    Journal
    Bed by 10
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,210 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Saragirl2 wrote: »

I have to get out of the habit of rewarding myself with food or a treat after a stressful situation. Maybe a 2 week challenge w/a non-food reward at the end. Focusing on the positives
    Nothing worth having is easy.
    Exchange a bad habit with a good habit.

So true Sara -- This is what I need to do also!! The 2-week challenge with you! I need to break this awful habit of thinking I need to reward myself because of stress. Stress is everywhere.... no one can escape it. It is how we handle it that matters.

SO JFT, Saturday
    1. when stressed out, clean one drawer
    2. log ALL food
    3. stop and think before eating
    4. went I want to snack, wait 10 minutes. Distract myself
    5. concentrate on water
    6. 2-week challenge --- exchange 1 bad habit with a good habit. My bad habit is eating mindlessly --- good habit is to go and do something productive (like drawer cleaning, something that gets my mind off of eating)
    7. get back on here tomorrow -- be accountable